ADVERTISEMENT

Is Uavel afraid of Pitino? And Jurich?

bigbluelou

All-SEC
Apr 13, 2011
Is that one of the reasons either is still employed? Does the school admin simply not have the onions to tell them to hit the road?

Totally serious question.

I think the turtleneck has built himself a crime syndicate at UL and is running the show. The new board and firing of Ramsey was a good start, but it's going to take a bit more to dislodge him. They've got a championship banner coming down, and we're not hearing hardly a word about a housecleaning. How absurd is that?

Reactions: MbergCat
They know they can't win without him. To afraid of moving on, and really he is all they can get as far as a big name.

Is that one of the reasons either is still employed? Does the school admin simply not have the onions to tell them to hit the road?

Totally serious question.

Totally serious answer- The UL administration 'used' to be owned by Turtleneck and Pitino but things are changing. Both of those overrated pieces of scum intimidated the local media and UL administration like members of the damn mob but finally the tide is turning. Turtleneck and Pitino are finally going down and it's about time. Take a look at them. They both look like hell and they look like zombies that just had labotomies. Enjoy watching them as they hit rock bottom and get forced out of the commuter school they thought they owned. Good riddance scumbags.

They know they can't win without him. To afraid of moving on, and really he is all they can get as far as a big name.

This. They know Louisville will promptly fade (even further) back into mediocrity when Pitino departs. That's why their tolerance for the absolute disaster his tenure has been knows no bounds. They will do all the necessary mental gymnastics to convince themselves the program isn't a national disgrace.

Reactions: sefus12
Louisville was on the skids in the last 5-6 years of Denny Crum's run. They came oh so close to replacing him with Larry Eustachy. Then Pitino came along and they, the Cardinal fanbase that hated Pitino when he was at Kentucky, sold their collective souls to the devil to get him to be their coach.

Fast forward a few years and look where he has taken them. Their program is the laughingstock of the NCAA. Was scandal after scandal worth a few years of slightly above average basketball? To most Louisville fans it apparently is.

Jurich has UofL, the whole city of Louisville and it's media under his thumb. The exposure of the UofL Foundation will hopefully loosen his grip on everyone in Louisville. Jurich has used the Foundation and YUM Center money to control everyone involved with UofL athletics.

Why haven't the people outside of the UofL circle made more of an outcry for all of the tax money they are on the hook for NOW because of the shenanigans that have gone on at the expense of not only the residents of Louisville, but NOW also the ENTIRE state of Kentucky??!!!!

It's all about winning. UL can't do better than Pitino, especially in current conditions.

Reminds me of a hilarious thread on their board recently asking if they would want Cal after Pitino. As if Cal would ever even consider stepping foot near that trash program.

I think that the corruption reaches farther than people realize.

I think that a lot of politicians outside of the city had their hand in the cookie jar and that could be why so many people are staying quiet about it all.

There's no telling how many people are scared of going down with the ship right now.

Who knows if it all ever gets exposed, but I have no doubt that the slush fund paid off a LOT of people!!

Reactions: awf
Jurich owns UL and has tremendous influence in that city. And until someone with some balls actually starts running that cesspool, it won't change.

It's just amazing to me there has not been a huge outcry to clean all that up. UL is important to the city and the state and these immoral, unethical men are bringing shame to it.

Reactions: catben
Long thought that the Jurich cartel is holding the University hostage with something.

Universities, athletic administrations, and coaching staffs have been cleaned out for less than all that has gone down on his watch.

If whatever is festering in the deep, dark, and damp corners of that university/town is ever found out, forget an OTL special, Anderson Cooper and 60 minutes will be rolling in.

Reactions: awf
Long thought that the Jurich cartel is holding the University hostage with something.

Universities, athletic administrations, and coaching staffs have been cleaned out for less than all that has gone down on his watch.

If whatever is festering in the deep, dark, and damp corners of that university/town is ever found out, forget an OTL special, Anderson Cooper and 60 minutes will be rolling in.
I think that Jurich and Ramsey made sure that a lot of powerful people got in on the money train as to implicate them.

THAT'S why IMO big time politicians such as our former governor and his son have been aggressively trying to fend off Bevin.

The tentacles probably stretch out pretty far.

Reactions: Blouman and sefus12
I think that the corruption reaches farther than people realize.

I think that a lot of politicians outside of the city had their hand in the cookie jar and that could be why so many people are staying quiet about it all.

There's no telling how many people are scared of going down with the ship right now.

Who knows if it all ever gets exposed, but I have no doubt that the slush fund paid off a LOT of people!!

I think there's a LOT of truth to this. Probably why you are seeing politicians throw up road block after road block when it comes to trying to clean house at UL....

Reactions: stenchymouse

I think there's enough for a 60 minutes story now. Athletic scandals, foundation scandal and now the arena deal. It's sensational enough for strong ratings.

UL fans are obsessed with Jurich, and it has always been so weird to me. He's smug face always made sure to get an interview when UL was on espn. He even got a commutative makers bottle made, for a freaking ad. Jurich has brainwashed that fanbase into thinking that he's their only key to winning.

The amount of leverage and pull athletics has at that university is crazy. They put all of their eggs in sports, and the whole university will now suffer. Yet, the whole university continues to put their head in the sand.

Reactions: sefus12
I think that Jurich and Ramsey made sure that a lot of powerful people got in on the money train as to implicate them.

THAT'S why IMO big time politicians such as our former governor and his son have been aggressively trying to fend off Bevin.

The tentacles probably stretch out pretty far.
BINGO! And as far as the local media goes I imagine the management is probably saturated with UL grads.

Reactions: stenchymouse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT