ADVERTISEMENT

Is there anything that would stop you from being a UK basketball fan?

Why do I not believe you? Maybe because it is June and you are on a UK message board, but you don't follow them? [laughing]
There's always the hope that there will be reason to believe they have a strong chance of winning. Occasionally check bball board when there's no Football news.

Reactions: JC CATS
Ram1955 is a big UK football fan. Question: if he was big on basketball and not a fan of football, would he still suck?
Yes. He fully admitted to only being a bandwagon fan. Cats not doing well, he doesn’t follow. In line with this thread, any reason is good enough for him to give up on Ky.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
I have a question for you. Just what are they protesting that can't be corrected by individuals taking control of their own actions. By the way injustice? Are the ones who are championed being forcibly denied education, heath care, clothing, food or housing? If so free me from the shackles of ignorance and tell me all about it.

To answer your question I do not stand when watching on tv. Do you? If not then you have no basis for asking the question except you ran out of things to challenge without becoming more "ivory tower" than you already have demonstrated yourself to be.
I dunno man, I suppose different people are protesting different things, I'm simply defending their right to peaceably protest. I just know that you keep strawmaning their protest and making it about all the BS you made up. I'm not the protesting type, I just defend their right to and I'm saying it's not disrespectful to the almighty flag or to our country as you guys claim.

Yes. He fully admitted to only being a bandwagon fan. Cats not doing well, he doesn’t follow. In line with this thread, any reason is good enough for him to give up on Ky.
It's not that I give up on them...it's just if they don't have a chance of winning the nc, I simply don't care. Total apathy. IMO, bball is simply not as enjoyable to watch. The only reason to follow it is if your team can win a championship.
If they win the nc next year, I will enjoy it every bit as much as a person that lives and dies with each game. If and likely when they don't, I will be disappointed like most but will quickly get over it.

Had the UNC crap happened here-I’d be out. People overlook the racism portion of what was set up. I’m certain that conversations like this happened between the coaching staff and Administrators. Dean Smith-we need to set up some classes so that we can can get some of those black players. Administration-we can call them African American Studies. Unethical bechavior-racist, fraudulent, and immoral.

Last edited:
Reactions: morgousky
2 things would make me turn my back on the program:

1. Rob
2. Lock

To not Make the NCAA Tourney, several seasons in a row. I'd be re-assessing who I follow in college basketball. I don't think this would ever happen here....

Create thread lots of creative answers.

I've actually been thinking about this for a few days and here's what I've come up with. I think if they killed my kids on purpose and refuse to apologize that might be enough for me to jump ship. Other than that I'm in for life

If we did what UNCheat did and handled it the way they did I couldn’t/wouldn’t cheer for UK anymore. I couldn’t do it!

I dunno, what happened in the late 80s wasn't hardly any better...remember we nearly got "the chair" for that as well.

It's not that I give up on them...it's just if they don't have a chance of winning the nc, I simply don't care. Total apathy. IMO, bball is simply not as enjoyable to watch. The only reason to follow it is if your team can win a championship.
If they win the nc next year, I will enjoy it every bit as much as a person that lives and dies with each game. If and likely when they don't, I will be disappointed like most but will quickly get over it.

I hope you didn't feel that way about the 2014 team entering the NCAA's! As far as I'm concerned if we at least make the field, even if the odds are against us, I figure anything can happen. We've seen it over and over and over and over again in the NCAAs...and in 2004 that worked against us and in 2014 that worked for us.

It's never over until we lose in the NCAA's.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
To not Make the NCAA Tourney, several seasons in a row. I'd be re-assessing who I follow in college basketball. I don't think this would ever happen here....

It was bad enough we let that happen twice since 1992!! :( Still I'm impressed that our fans still came to the NLT games and under the circumstances were exceptionally good sports about it (some teams flat out refuse NLT invites).

I do stand but I dont have a problem with people who dont. I'm not big into telling people how to live their life. Do you stand and place your hand over your heart for the anthem when you're at home or do you only do it for show when in public? I suspect we know the answer to that already.

Exactly. If I'm at home, I continue sitting on my couch. If I'm in the stadium, I take off my lid, stand with my hand over my heart and face/look at the flag. I DO NOT scan the field and crowd looking for potential "non-patriots".

Had the UNC crap happened here-I’d be out. People overlook the racism portion of what was set up. I’m certain that conversations like this happened between the coaching staff and Administrators. Dean Smith-we need to set up some classes so that we can can get some of those black players. Administration-we can call them African American Studies. Unethical bechavior-racist, fraudulent, and immoral.

That scenario can’t be too bad, there were no penalties, in fact some said they weren’t wrong. Justice was not served in this situation, the perfect crime.

Born during a uk tournament game into a uk family. My mother wouldn't let them turn the game off while she was pushing me out of her vagina. I have never, and will never know anything else.

I have a question for you. Just what are they protesting that can't be corrected by individuals taking control of their own actions. By the way injustice? Are the ones who are championed being forcibly denied education, heath care, clothing, food or housing? If so free me from the shackles of ignorance and tell me all about it.

To answer your question I do not stand when watching on tv. Do you? If not then you have no basis for asking the question except you ran out of things to challenge without becoming more "ivory tower" than you already have demonstrated yourself to be.
Racism doesn’t exist...okay.

This is all dumb because not too long ago the players weren’t even out on the field during the anthem. The military gave them some money and now the owners felt they needed to make a big show about it. Unless you always stop what you are doing and stand, you just come off as a hypocrite.

Having little or no chance of winning the ncaa tournament. They've only won 4 in my 59 years....I now only follow them beginning in March and only then if they have a very strong chance of winning.

Sorry but that's very weak ass sauce. I bet you're a Yankees baseball fan a Patriots football fan a Golden State Warrior fan you probably root for Bobby Fischer in every chess tournament the Golden Gophers of Minnesota are your favorite college hockey team see where I'm going with this yeah like I said your sauce is weak

Sorry but that's very weak ass sauce. I bet you're a Yankees baseball fan a Patriots football fan a Golden State Warrior fan you probably root for Bobby Fischer in every chess tournament the Golden Gophers of Minnesota are your favorite college hockey team see where I'm going with this yeah like I said your sauce is weak
Who is your college football team?

Racism doesn’t exist...okay.

This is all dumb because not too long ago the players weren’t even out on the field during the anthem. The military gave them some money and now the owners felt they needed to make a big show about it. Unless you always stop what you are doing and stand, you just come off as a hypocrite.

So, since I’m confused, it is about the military?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT