ADVERTISEMENT

Is there anything that would stop you from being a UK basketball fan?

I don’t think I’d ever actually stop being a fan. However, were we to become embroiled in scandal like those ACC schools were, I would withdraw support until all those involved were removed.
It would be a temporary thing

Even at that I would still keep an eye on them to see how they were doing ! Aw, who am I kidding. I would pull for them regardless !

Reactions: Bkocats
Tells a lot about you. Regardless of sports team it should always be God, Family, USA & then your passions.
Says a lot about you with your fake patriotism. Since we're making judgements, you're the same type to fly and defend the Confederate flag and claim to be a patriotic American.

Nope. Just still feel this is the best country ever and a lot of Men and Women have died to give you the right to bitch and moan and make everything about race. Racism happened. It was awful it was wrong but we will never as a nation get past it if we keep dwelling on it and
reliving it.

If we did what UNCheat did and handled it the way they did I couldn’t/wouldn’t cheer for UK anymore. I couldn’t do it!
This for me as well. As alumni, I could handle it if the team stunk for a while or had personnel I didn't like. Athletics isn't the main purpose, don't let the tail wag the dog. The situation at UNC wasn't just an atletics issue, it was cheating from the very core of the university. I could tolerate anything done by the athletics department as long as it gets corrected and punished, but cheating involving the academics would make me drop them all. That should be a "shirt burner" for anyone with any respect for education.

Reactions: Scotty00
Nope. Just still feel this is the best country ever and a lot of Men and Women have died to give you the right to bitch and moan and make everything about race. Racism happened. It was awful it was wrong but we will never as a nation get past it if we keep dwelling on it and
reliving it.

You’re wasting your time with, “that guy.”

He’s the guy that enjoys a lot of drugs or alcohol that isn’t really active in anything except for typing out useless words believing he’s educating strangers on an anonymous chat site. He’s probably never served in any capacity where he had to lay his life on the line or sacrificed time for another human being. Most people have hid him on Facebook because he saturates his news feed with anti-this and that memes. Always posts his new tattoos and owns a cat. He’s “that guy!”

Reactions: Samurai Cat
reliving it.
What did I make about race? I was talking about your fake patriotism and idolatry of a flag and didnt being up race ar all.

Having little or no chance of winning the ncaa tournament. They've only won 4 in my 59 years....I now only follow them beginning in March and only then if they have a very strong chance of winning.
Why do I not believe you? Maybe because it is June and you are on a UK message board, but you don't follow them? [laughing]

I'd say taking a knee and sacrificing your career to protest what you feel is injustice is taking a stand for something.

They aren't making a sacrifice because the greedy owners and the ACLU won't let them be dropped and they know it.

If they don't like what is going on in their communities then give time and money to intervene. A few will but the majority will still stick to clubbing and wrecking their Jaguars while trying to out run a DUI or Possession charge.

Finally what are they protesting that they don't already have if it wasn't so undervalued by them? The fault lies in their own choices and I don't feel the slightest bit responsible for endemic ignorance. The players, white and black, are underlining that ignorance every game. At least I guess they are because I don't watch the NFL anymore.

They aren't making a sacrifice because the greedy owners and the ACLU won't let them be dropped and they know it.

If they don't like what is going on in their communities then give time and money to intervene. A few will but the majority will still stick to clubbing and wrecking their Jaguars while trying to out run a DUI or Possession charge.

Finally what are they protesting that they don't already have if it wasn't so undervalued by them? The fault lies in their own choices and I don't feel the slightest bit responsible for endemic ignorance. The players, white and black, are underlining that ignorance every game. At least I guess they are because I don't watch the NFL anymore.
I think taking a knee is a very respectful form of nonviolent protest.

What kind of fan would you like to weed out ?
The ones with no respect for their fellow man

All men where created equal under God. Some live up to the title "Man" . A lot do not. We have become a society that wants to blame everyone else instead of the person who made the poor decision. It's about time we start holding people accountable for their dumbass choices. People aren't perfect (Black & White) and America is no exception but we are still light years ahead of most countries. There will always be a few idiots out there. Don't judge all based on the actions of the past.

Reactions: awf

Huh? Colin Kaepernick got signed by a team? If they dont like what's going on in their community give time and money to intervene? How do you know they dont? You dont know that they're protesting what they feel is injustice, the kind of thing time and money wont exactly fix.

The majority stick to clubbing and wrecking their Jaguar while trying to outrun a DUI charge? Umm,the majority of players do this? The ignorance. What are they protesting that they didnt already have? You dont even know what they're protesting and you're mad? Maybe educate yourself then rejoin this discussion instead arguing from a place of ignorance.

Quick question, do you stand for the anthem when you're watching games at home or do you just do it for show if others are watching?

Some so called “fans” just about drive you to it but NO way Jose. Will die loving my Cats! It’s a way of life for so many of us.
There are idiots everywhere. Throw in fandom and this population has to have a higher percentage of said idiots.

Last edited:
Having little or no chance of winning the ncaa tournament. They've only won 4 in my 59 years....I now only follow them beginning in March and only then if they have a very strong chance of winning.
U suck

Says a lot about you with your fake patriotism. Since we're making judgements, you're the same type to fly and defend the Confederate flag and claim to be a patriotic American.
Awfully reactionary and judgemental considering your very provocative response.

Reactions: Poetax
You’re wasting your time with, “that guy.”

He’s the guy that enjoys a lot of drugs or alcohol that isn’t really active in anything except for typing out useless words believing he’s educating strangers on an anonymous chat site. He’s probably never served in any capacity where he had to lay his life on the line or sacrificed time for another human being. Most people have hid him on Facebook because he saturates his news feed with anti-this and that memes. Always posts his new tattoos and owns a cat. He’s “that guy!”
My stray cat recently died and my son wanted another rescue cat, in addition to our 3 dogs. So I own a cat. Otherwise, I agree.

I think taking a knee is a very respectful form of nonviolent protest.
Huh? Colin Kaepernick got signed by a team? If they dont like what's going on in their community give time and money to intervene? How do you know they dont? You dont know that they're protesting what they feel is injustice, the kind of thing time and money wont exactly fix.

The majority stick to clubbing and wrecking their Jaguar while trying to outrun a DUI charge? Umm,the majority of players do this? The ignorance. What are they protesting that they didnt already have? You dont even know what they're protesting and you're mad? Maybe educate yourself then rejoin this discussion instead arguing from a place of ignorance.

Quick question, do you stand for the anthem when you're watching games at home or do you just do it for show if others are watching?
Curious, do you stand and place your hand over your heart for the anthem ever? I suspect we know the answer to that already.

Curious, do you stand and place your hand over your heart for the anthem ever? I suspect we know the answer to that already.
I do stand but I dont have a problem with people who dont. I'm not big into telling people how to live their life. Do you stand and place your hand over your heart for the anthem when you're at home or do you only do it for show when in public? I suspect we know the answer to that already.

Reactions: Bank Cat
I do stand but I dont have a problem with people who dont. I'm not big into telling people how to live their life. Do you stand and place your hand over your heart for the anthem when you're at home or do you only do it for show when in public? I suspect we know the answer to that already.
No, you don’t know the answer to that.

I have a question for you. Just what are they protesting that can't be corrected by individuals taking control of their own actions. By the way injustice? Are the ones who are championed being forcibly denied education, heath care, clothing, food or housing? If so free me from the shackles of ignorance and tell me all about it.

To answer your question I do not stand when watching on tv. Do you? If not then you have no basis for asking the question except you ran out of things to challenge without becoming more "ivory tower" than you already have demonstrated yourself to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT