ADVERTISEMENT

Is SGA > DeAaron Fox?

Got a ? today asking if we make the FF .. who is my favorite Cal pg? This kid we have now would jump to the top. 4 star not starting at the beginning of the year. Struggled at times but steadily improved. Clutch. Smooth. I can’t say enough good things about SA. Plays good d as well

Most efficient PG Cal has had here. That's the best way for me to describe it. It's amazing to think about these guys coming here as 4 stars and going in the lottery in only one season. Booker was the same way. Is there any other coach in the country that has developed multiple 4 star lottery pick OADs? I'm willing to bet there's no other coach in the country that even has one player that fits this criteria. This is why I truly believe Cal would dominate a two year system. Let them implement it. [thumb2]

Last edited:
fox by fare better player also fox had much better players around him he didn't have score a lot. shai has had to be the scorer not a player on this team that can take over a game like monk. having said that this team has a chance to end on a special note.
Fox by far? Are you stupid ? It’s a push and they are two totally different type PGs.

Loved, loved, loved Fox, but when SGA sheared off his incredibly awesome hair because it was just too time-consuming to deal with it in order to focus on basketball, I was extremely impressed.

De’Aaron’s only compromise on the hair sitch was the man-bun.

Fox had an advantage
He is more talented and explosive and while he works hard, he doesn’t have to work AS hard

I’d compare SGA more to Ulis tbh. He has a work ethic and drive that is making him a better player than just talent alone

Not to disparage either one. If SGA brings home a title will we have the same discussion as to who was better?

I'm gonna go with Fox because he lead his team to a better record..... now if Shai leads us to the title game like I think he will....... then its a toss up... if we win the whole thing then I'd say Shai. As far as which is the better college PG that is.......... talent wise for the NBA I'd give it to Fox due to speed and athleticism.

Fox had an advantage
He is more talented and explosive and while he works hard, he doesn’t have to work AS hard

I’d compare SGA more to Ulis tbh. He has a work ethic and drive that is making him a better player than just talent alone

Not to disparage either one. If SGA brings home a title will we have the same discussion as to who was better?

I think you have to put SGA ahead if we run the table and he averages 20-5-5 along the way

Reactions: Bkocats
C4qdtMrVUAMu3zP.jpg
4985-6406-original.jpeg

I'll take SGA. I have less questions about his game.

Jesus man. Are you seriously asking this? Fox was much better as a freshman than SGA. Wow, next we’re going to see the Knox > Monk threads. We just beat two mediocre teams and posters here are acting like this year’s team is a world-beater. Pump the damn breaks guys.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Jesus man. Are you seriously asking this? Fox was much better as a freshman than SGA. Wow, next we’re going to see the Knox > Monk threads. We just beat two mediocre teams and posters here are acting like this year’s team is a world-beater. Pump the damn breaks guys.

I’ll bet you’re fun at parties.

Shais stats are better

I'll take SGA because he is one of the few players in the One & Done Era that I know gives 100% and produces. SGA story is just amazing... 4 star came to play behind Green and he stole his starting spot and erupted into being a lottery pick while carrying us to a SEC Chip and hopefully beyond. SGA saved this season.. I hope everyone realizes that with out SGA we may be an 8 seed or in the NIT.

Fox great player but I'll role with SGA and take my chances.

Reactions: mbc82584
I'm gonna go with Fox because he lead his team to a better record..... now if Shai leads us to the title game like I think he will....... then its a toss up... if we win the whole thing then I'd say Shai. As far as which is the better college PG that is.......... talent wise for the NBA I'd give it to Fox due to speed and athleticism.
I agree. I basically look at it this way. I don't think Shai could guard Fox.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
SGA completely took over the Buffalo game. What are you talking about. He was the Maestro of maestros giving us a balanced symphony of scoring when others weren't hitting. Shai showed us another level of his game last Saturday. Beautiful performance subtle like. Then we have the 39 pt masterpiece against Ball n his goons.
Fox immortalized himself in Wildcat lore that day...Shai can still add to his legacy, can't wait to see what he has in store for us.

Not so mediocre
Davidson won their conference championship and was actually picked the most likely to knock off a higher seeded team (us)
Buffalo, who also won their conference championship, beat the #4 seed team (who won THEIR conference) rather easily .

This team has done one of the best turnarounds I’ve seen. A month ago we were talking NIT possibilities. Now, we’ve won the SECT title and are in the NCAAT sweet 16.

No one is acting like we’re world beaters. True fans are rightfully excited about the possibilities.
Surely you can understand that

I will give Fox the athleticism advantage, but Shai has the highest basketball IQ for a freshman that I can recall.

I am going to disagree here as well.

Shai was not remotely close to being a natural PG.

His passes were reckless, his handles were shaky and all too often he drove into traffic and for awhile forced way too many shots.

That’s not usually signs of a high IQ...

The way he has been able to self correct during the season may very well be IQ or at the least tremendous will power and determination.

He has thoroughly impressed me with his ability to continue to improve his game across all facets.

Not so mediocre
Davidson won their conference championship and was actually picked the most likely to knock off a higher seeded team (us)
Buffalo, who also won their conference championship, beat the #4 seed team (who won THEIR conference) rather easily .

This team has done one of the best turnarounds I’ve seen. A month ago we were talking NIT possibilities. Now, we’ve won the SECT title and are in the NCAAT sweet 16.

No one is acting like we’re world beaters. True fans are rightfully excited about the possibilities.
Surely you can understand that

Go back and look at their computer rankings. They were mediocre. It’s easy to look like a great team against crappy competition. We don’t play anybody until the final four. We’ll see how much of a turn around we’ve made then. If we get bounced before then then it will have been a massive choke job.

Shai is an excellent college player, as far as natural ability, instincts, and athleticism Fox is much farther ahead.

It will be interesting to see how SGA’s game translates to the next level.
A lot of people on this board didn't think his game would translate exceptionally well at the college level. Both good players, but I have a sneaking suspicion Shai will be better. He has exceptional basketball IQ.

Fox was quick on quick! Shai may be a little more steady and savvy. They both put up nice numbers. But speed kills on the court and Fox had plenty of it.

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT