ADVERTISEMENT

Is Pitino Going Liquid?

From crime and drugs I assure you its not. There is no area of Lexington that you can go to and literally find a dealer for thirty blocks in a row.

Traffic and parking fees after 5pm and weekends then we can agree are MUCH worse in Lexington.

Crime. Ask a student that lives around campus what they think.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Traffic and parking fees after 5pm and weekends then we can agree are MUCH worse in Lexington.

Crime. Ask a student that lives around campus what they think.

I have not been a student for 15 years and dealers come up to me if I go to certain parts of town. It's easier than you can imagine.

I have not been a student for 15 years and dealers come up to me if I go to certain parts of town. It's easier than you can imagine.

Students today will tell you about the crime problems around campus. Heck, UK itself knows about the issue. 15 years ago they did not have the call boxes installed all around campus like they do today. Look I love Lexington but you made a comment about Louisville that I disagree with. But comparing Lex and Lou is not a fair comparison on its face. Louisville is a major city. Lexington is not.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around someone from New York wanting to live in Miami. I mean, who ever heard of such a thing?

I am somewhat sympathetic to your argument though I am a free market guy. It is sad that the medical Professor who is educating future doctors who will save lives....only makes a fraction of what Pitino, Jurich and others in the Athletics dept made. This from what ESPN best described as a mid-major school. Sadly when you have white-collar criminals like Bernie Madoff or Tom Jurich who find a way to enrich themselves by stealing other peoples money....you'll have their employes like Pitino feasting from the ill-gotten gains and keeping quiet about it until it all finally falls apart.

It might be a good idea for the University presidents to get together to cap salaries of the Football and Basketball coaches or at least to tie them to a multiple of the average tenured professors salary.
Let me know what layers be paid for their likeness. Then the money evens out for them. Right now the coaches are collecting the players shoe and advertising money in effect.

Students today will tell you about the crime problems around campus. Heck, UK itself knows about the issue. 15 years ago they did not have the call boxes installed all around campus like they do today. Look I love Lexington but you made a comment about Louisville that I disagree with. But comparing Lex and Lou is not a fair comparison on its face. Louisville is a major city. Lexington is not.

I am not talking about city size. On sheer numbers NYC or L.A. would crush anything. I don’t care about being right. What’s good about our cities being infested with crime. I just know not from statistics but real life how bad it is. That’s it. Have a good one.

Rick is selling a lot of real estate including his $25,000,000 Miami mansion. With lawsuits galore in his future this may be a wise thing. A little place off shore might be what the doctor orders. We live in a crazy world.

This looks like the house that Tony Montana had in the movie Scarface. Come to think about it, Pitino is as delusional as Scarface was at the end of the movie.

I am somewhat sympathetic to your argument though I am a free market guy. It is sad that the medical Professor who is educating future doctors who will save lives....only makes a fraction of what Pitino, Jurich and others in the Athletics dept made. This from what ESPN best described as a mid-major school. Sadly when you have white-collar criminals like Bernie Madoff or Tom Jurich who find a way to enrich themselves by stealing other peoples money....you'll have their employes like Pitino feasting from the ill-gotten gains and keeping quiet about it until it all finally falls apart.

It might be a good idea for the University presidents to get together to cap salaries of the Football and Basketball coaches or at least to tie them to a multiple of the average tenured professors salary.
I could understand your argument better if the sports department at UK wasn't giving millions of dollars into the academic department... Thus, they use it for medical training and other academic activities...

They don't make this money on golf and volley ball, but they have the money to give back to their university, because they are able to make millions from their football and basketball teams...

The academic department doesn't give one red cent into sports... So, I don't think anyone has the right to gripe...

Let those professors get out and stir up the money needed to be able to give their students the best education... Not going to happen... The big donors to the University also give money, because they are proud of their basketball, football, and other sporting activities...

In order to compete in the sporting markets, big time programs such as UK needs the best possible coaches... They pay them what the market price allows, in order for them to give back to the academic department... Don't be bitter....

Reactions: Cat78Scot
UL just filed suit against Pitino wanting reimbursement from the revenues they have to pay back to the NCAA. Millions

I could understand your argument better if the sports department at UK wasn't giving millions of dollars into the academic department... Thus, they use it for medical training and other academic activities...

They don't make this money on golf and volley ball, but they have the money to give back to their university, because they are able to make millions from their football and basketball teams...

The academic department doesn't give one red cent into sports... So, I don't think anyone has the right to gripe...

Let those professors get out and stir up the money needed to be able to give their students the best education... Not going to happen... The big donors to the University also give money, because they are proud of their basketball, football, and other sporting activities...

In order to compete in the sporting markets, big time programs such as UK needs the best possible coaches... They pay them what the market price allows, in order for them to give back to the academic department... Don't be bitter....

This discussion has from beginning to end been discussing LilBro. I am very aware that UK athletics for example gave millions to build the wonderful new Science Building. Many other athletics departments give money back to the university. LilBro...the subject of my post...not only takes money from the university it takes money from the taxpayers of Jefferson County. The new UofL board understands as does the Governor that the Job 1 of a state university is to educate and to be an economic engine for the community. UofL under RamseyJurich had the sole purpose of enriching themselves and their athletics department. The university was simply a name to put on the front of a jersey in order to raise money for themselves. If there were a cap in wages to be discussed LilBrothel would be the poster child of how NOT to run a university.

Reactions: Cat78Scot
This discussion has from beginning to end been discussing LilBro. I am very aware that UK athletics for example gave millions to build the wonderful new Science Building. Many other athletics departments give money back to the university. LilBro...the subject of my post...not only takes money from the university it takes money from the taxpayers of Jefferson County. The new UofL board understands as does the Governor that the Job 1 of a state university is to educate and to be an economic engine for the community. UofL under RamseyJurich had the sole purpose of enriching themselves and their athletics department. The university was simply a name to put on the front of a jersey in order to raise money for themselves. If there were a cap in wages to be discussed LilBrothel would be the poster child of how NOT to run a university.
I was going to say something about UL sports department, not only not giving to the University, but taking from them, and tax payers... I actually knew to whom you were speaking, and should have clarified... I just used your post as a jumping off place to speak about the good things that Kentucky has done for their academic departments... No offense was meant to you....

ADVERTISEMENT