ADVERTISEMENT

Is Middleton going to play at a higher weight this coming year?

bigbluedon

All-SEC
Oct 17, 2012
Or is he staying at a high school weight of 275? This past season was not as good as his previous. 275 is too small to play dline in SEC.

Stoops said in his presser that they were too light at certain positions last year, and I thought then he was probably talking about Middleton. We should have SEC size all the way up and down the roster this year.

Reactions: Blue Decade
Middleton put on 23 and Bohanna put on 20. Our interior starters will be sitting at 300 and 340 and still have 6 months til game time. We should be doing alright in the size department.

Reactions: Deeeefense
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a big fan of Adrian. Really hoping he has a big year. He showed a mean streak two years ago and I loved it. Last year he looked a bit more timid. Really hoping he comes out ready to knock some people backwards.

Reactions: Plumbscott452
Let's just hope the weight gain was the trick for him. He was decent his Sophmore year...he was pretty much below par his Jr year.

Reactions: mrschwump
He needs to add it back because he got pushed all over the field this last season.

Stoops said in his presser that they were too light at certain positions last year, and I thought then he was probably talking about Middleton. We should have SEC size all the way up and down the roster this year.
I can remember this debate about losing weight to gain quickness going back decades. It seems to boil down to what works for the individual player. I never played on the line. But if I was a lineman playing a 12-13 game season, I would want to account for the possibility of maybe losing 10-15 pounds during the long season. I wouldn’t want to start out too light.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT