ADVERTISEMENT

Is It True That Coach Cal Walked Out On Tom Leach During Post Game Radio Show After Yesterday’s Game?

shadowman4

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2002
Seems like I heard on KSR post game radio show yesterday that Coach Cal abruptly walked out on Tom Leach yesterday as he did not want to talk about yesterday’s embarrassing effort against Bama. If this is true isn’t this something that Barnhart could use for early termination of Cal as it’s in Cal’s contract to radio shows. Also, Cal’s Monday night radio shows are a farce. All Cal does is ramble on with his BS and the only questions he answers are selected soft ball twitter questions. Very rarely does Cal ever take calls from fans calling in with phone call questions. This is total BS that Cal should be able to get away with this type of behavior!!

If he thinks it’s bad to be on Matt Jones’ bad side, he ain’t seen nothing yet if Tom Leach turns against him. Leach has a lot more credibility than MJ.
Not sure if you’re old enough, but you’re close to my neck of the woods. Remember Nickel Nunn? My grandpa would roll out of his grave right now and smack the shit outta him. This reminds me of that for some strange reason.

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
If he thinks it’s bad to be on Matt Jones’ bad side, he ain’t seen nothing yet if Tom Leach turns against him. Leach has a lot more credibility than MJ.
If it did happen I have a feeling they won't be screening calls on the next call-in show and Cal will get an earful.

Reactions: delk4three
Not sure if you’re old enough, but you’re close to my neck of the woods. Remember Nickel Nunn? My grandpa would roll out of his grave right now and smack the shit outta him. This reminds me of that for some strange reason.
Your grandpa from Cumberland County? I am 55 so I really only know the guys I played ball against from Cumberland County. I know a few Nunns from Metcalfe and Hart.

Leach said Cal had to go back to the media room for some reason. Tom threw it to break, and came back to continue the interview.

Reactions: MakinMusic
Seems like I heard on KSR post game radio show yesterday that Coach Cal abruptly walked out on Tom Leach yesterday as he did not want to talk about yesterday’s embarrassing effort against Bama. If this is true isn’t this something that Barnhart could use for early termination of Cal as it’s in Cal’s contract to radio shows. Also, Cal’s Monday night radio shows are a farce. All Cal does is ramble on with his BS and the only questions he answers are selected soft ball twitter questions. Very rarely does Cal ever take calls from fans calling in with phone call questions. This is total BS that Cal should be able to get away with this type of behavior!!
It wouldn’t surprise me

Leach is an employee of UK. He isn't going to embarass the university by saying anything remotely critical of Calipari.
As far as the Monday night call in show....I suspect we'll get a assistant coach. And the call screening will continue. Or, if Calipari actually does have the ballz to show up, Tom will simply cherry pick from online or text questions. Again, nothing will happen to give UK a black eye.

Leach is an employee of UK. He isn't going to embarass the university by saying anything remotely critical of Calipari.
As far as the Monday night call in show....I suspect we'll get a assistant coach. And the call screening will continue. Or, if Calipari actually does have the ballz to show up, Tom will simply cherry pick from online or text questions. Again, nothing will happen to give UK a black eye.
This!

Your grandpa from Cumberland County? I am 55 so I really only know the guys I played ball against from Cumberland County. I know a few Nunns from Metcalfe and Hart.
Yeah. I just remember a post from awhile ago you mentioned being from Metcalfe? It’s irrelevant.

Here's how his contract outlines what he is required to do on the topic.

"Concerning the University's multi-media rights agreement, cooperation includes but is not limited to granting interviews before, during, or after games. Coach agrees to personally appear, perform, and participate as requested from time to time in basketball radio, television, social media, or other digital media programs produced or caused to be produced by the University or its media rights partner, or pertaining to the University, particularly its Athletic Department. Appearances in TV programs generally and ordinarily will consist of pregame and postgame programs, weekly call in shows, and daily men's basketball season report shows. Coach additionally agrees to participate and cooperate in rehearsal and production sessions for each multiple media session as requested and to perform such services in a competent manner to the best of his ability. Coach shall promptly comply with whatever reasonable instructions, suggestions, and recommendations the University or its media rights partner may give to him in connection with the rendition of such services. Coach shall not appear on any broadcast program (TV, radio, social media, digital or other media) or any advertisement not authorized by the University without the prior written approval for the University, except routine news media interviews for which no compensation is received."

I found an interesting clause in the contract listed on Page 3 section (g).

"Any and all reasonable actions to sustain and increase student and fan interest in and support of the men's basketball program to generate substantial net revenue for the Athletic Department and University"

It sounds like if fan interest isn't sustained or increased, that is grounds for termination and voids the contract. I'm not sure how this is proven but I would assume ticket sales would be the only real tangible gauge of what could be used.

Fwiw, listed to Pilgrim/Caught/White this a.m. and Pilgrim specifically said Leach told him this was not true and for whatever reason the post game show required them to be moving after game yesterday.dont shoot the messenger...just telling what I heard and that Leach specifically wanted that called out because of rumors.

Tom Leach is covering for Cal. Coach heard about the 2 for $6 bucks at McDonald's and went out right quick to get a Big Mac, some Chicken McNuggets and some Voodoo punch to drink it down with.

Reactions: UKMKG
Cutler has been on his ass on Twitter lol.
I picked up Cutler's book over the weekend in which Cal wrote the foreword. In that section, Cal was discussing how he's just counting down the minutes until he can get out of press conferences/talking to reporters. Not that I don't blame him but disrespecting Tom is a huge no no in this community.

"Any and all reasonable actions to sustain and increase student and fan interest in and support of the men's basketball program to generate substantial net revenue for the Athletic Department and University"

It sounds like if fan interest isn't sustained or increased, that is grounds for termination and voids the contract. I'm not sure how this is proven but I would assume ticket sales would be the only real tangible gauge of what could be used.
Been saying this for years, anyone that goes to Rupp to watch UK play, is not helping.

You want change, send a message by leaving as many empty seats as possible.

Reactions: UKMKG and jjhagan7
Tom Leach is covering for Cal. Coach heard about the 2 for $6 bucks at McDonald's and went out right quick to get a Big Mac, some Chicken McNuggets and some Voodoo punch to drink it down with.
Oh hey, I noticed you left a laughing emoji on my score prediction in Old Red's contest, why did you do that? Seemed odd. I meant to ask you yesterday.

He goes on social media and implores the students to come out to games.

Leach said Cal had to go back to the media room for some reason. Tom threw it to break, and came back to continue the interview.

That’s the kind of BS that drives me crazy with people in general. We turn something simple into a big deal for no reason. Typical of our current cancel culture. May have been more to it but sounds a lot different than what’s being floated around.

If he did then he took the chicken way out, you make 8 mil plus a year, stand up and take your failures like a real man.

remember when Tubby showed up for his show and didn't take questions.

We're past that with Cal, except Cal still has 2.5 more months of this

ADVERTISEMENT