ADVERTISEMENT

Is it really necessary to keep playing UL?

I run hot & cold on playing UL. On the yes let's play them side, we've beat them 9 out of the last 10. Next to winning a NCAA tournament game it doesn't get any better than slapping UL around once a year...But on the no let's not play them side. The worst part about playing them is. Every other year when we have to play them at home ( Rupp ) After the game it's impossible to buy a jug of clorox bleach in Lexington. Because UK & the city of Lexington has brought it all in an attempt to sanitize & fumigate everything that filth came in contact with inside Rupp, Their locker room, their bench, and the seats in the arena where their fans put their rancid rear ends..... But it's so much fun beating them, let's keep playing them.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
I would like for us to drop UL & UNC and replace UL with Western KY each year. We could fine someone to replace UNC. JMO

Keep it. Too much State pride/rivalry and $$$$. Can't understand why it took til 1983 to start it

I don't know a single person that wants it dropped. So what if they are scum. Who doesn't like putting scum in their place and putting a dagger through the hearts of their trashy fan base? Put a poll on Facebook and see the reply. I bet it's overwhelming in favor of keeping it. The same for playing the UNCheats.

I would take it a step further and not play schools that obviously cheat and are not held to the same standards we are. No UNCheat or Hooker U.

Interesting. Though it should be noted that UL is going to be punished in some form, while UNC continues to evade punishment for more egregious doings over a much more sustained period and clearly for more deliberate purpose. Frankly, UNC should not be welcome to play anywhere, including Louisville. The moment they receive punishment fitting or at least near fitting their crimes, that all changes.

Reactions: Cat78Scot
I don't know a single person that wants it dropped. So what if they are scum. Who doesn't like putting scum in their place and putting a dagger through the hearts of their trashy fan base? Put a poll on Facebook and see the reply. I bet it's overwhelming in favor of keeping it. The same for playing the UNCheats.

I want it dropped, in fact I want ALL games in all sports vs. UL dropped. Put them in a round robin with EKU and WKU, where they belong. Stop hyping the crap out of those games. UL doesn't deserve it.

UL has proven that it cannot handle the responsibility of having a UK level athletics program. Why continue acting like it is on the same level as UK? It's ridiculous.

I'd rather we play wva, butler, ohio st or notre dame each year. it won't be as much fun kicking lil bro's ass after pitino leaves, which i think will be sooner than later.

i always enjoyed the games vs n dame when we played them in cheatem hall.
Besides we all know uk will be matched up with the tards in the tournament.

As long as Powell and sypher sit behind the tard bench. I would love to see that.

ADVERTISEMENT