ADVERTISEMENT

Is Herro Positioning Himself To Be OAD?

Herro is a very good player. His problem is consistency, and creating his own shot. It would be in his best interest to return next yr. He’s no where near being ready to go yet. Next game he could go out and score 3 points on 1-10 shooting. That’s doesn’t translate to a long nba career. Why take the quick money and likely be out of the league in 3 years? His best option would be to return for another 3 years. He was going to go to Wisconsin where we all know he would of been atleast a 3 year player. The Kentucky effect can be a blessing and a curse
Disagree with create his own shot.. he looks good going to basket. Goes strong for layups or pulls up in midrange game.
He is running what Cal wants him too. He can drive anytime he wants and I am surprised he does not do it more.
Plus, he makes nice passes off drives to basket.

Agree with a lot but

He can create his own shot he does every game

Disagree with create his own shot.. he looks good going to basket. Goes strong for layups or pulls up in midrange game.
He is running what Cal wants him too. He can drive anytime he wants and I am surprised he does not do it more.
Plus, he makes nice passes off drives to basket.

There are just times I see anyway where he can’t seem to shake his guy and get an open look. He was deadly Saturday. He must of had the “green light” turned back on. Someone was saying they had info cal had gave herro the red light

There are just times I see anyway where he can’t seem to shake his guy and get an open look. He was deadly Saturday. He must of had the “green light” turned back on. Someone was saying they had info cal had gave herro the red light
That was me. See exhibit A film of Vandy game. And I took a lot of heat for it. Vandy has half the speed of Auburn as well. Come on. Herro got off 3 total shots in over 30 minutes of pay? But that over. Since then Cal was quoted as saying KJ and Herro need buckets if this UK team is to be a serious player.

That was me. See exhibit A film of Vandy game. And I took a lot of heat for it. Vandy has half the speed of Auburn as well. Come on. Herro got off 3 total shots in over 30 minutes of pay? But that over. Since then Cal was quoted as saying KJ and Herro need buckets if this UK team is to be a serious player.
So, basically you are going off what you saw instead of knowing first hand that cal told him to stop shooting? If that’s the case then I see why you caught heat for it.

So, basically you are going off what you saw instead of knowing first hand that cal told him to stop shooting? If that’s the case then I see why you caught heat for it.
I’ve seen enough games to at least see when a player is told to play a certain way or is being frozen out. I’ve paid my penance and moved on. I was simply owning up to my statement.

He can absolutely create his own shot. More importantly he has a quick release off a ball screen. Which is huge in the next level. He’s an nba average defender but he’s active enough plus he won’t be assigned to guard the best player on the opposing team. He will test waters and see where he falls. He could play right into a first round in which he should take.

Allegedly the NBA drafts on potential, he seems to have a great future ahead of him.

If Grayson Allen was not a OND. Herro is not. Im not comparing both because they are white boys. Grayson probably more athletic. But a few inches shorter..Both are scorers. Grayson became crafty. Not just a jump shooter. Herro has that game.. Herro is a better passer and defender then i expected. But still no were near NBA ready. Physically he would get killed. Could you imagine Herro right now trying to guard and score on any two guard in the NBA today. Ya wouldnt be pretty. But like Grayson. Herro can spend three to four more years developing his body and game into a NBA player. Grayson could of left early. Hopefully Herro looks at Graysons path. And understands thats his. No reason for him to rush,

If Grayson Allen was not a OND. Herro is not. Im not comparing both because they are white boys. Grayson probably more athletic. But a few inches shorter..Both are scorers. Grayson became crafty. Not just a jump shooter. Herro has that game.. Herro is a better passer and defender then i expected. But still no were near NBA ready. Physically he would get killed. Could you imagine Herro right now trying to guard and score on any two guard in the NBA today. Ya wouldnt be pretty. But like Grayson. Herro can spend three to four more years developing his body and game into a NBA player. Grayson could of left early. Hopefully Herro looks at Graysons path. And understands thats his. No reason for him to rush,
You don’t think Herro is a more sheer basketball talent than Gracie?

Reactions: Chuckinden
If he played for any other team he would be back for a second year. That’s a fact.

No, it is unsubstantiated opinion or more a "feeling" really.

Less talented and skilled players than Herro have left early.

"Only at Kentucky" is silly unless you'd have evidence that we are having like 24 first round picks and more in the 2nd every year.

There are fewer and fewer junior and seniors drafted especially in the 1st round all the time and they don't seem to get much rope either. Probably because 75% have already peaked and get passed up quickly.

We get better players and develop them quicker and better is 90%. Even most of our guys that "don't make it" draft wise seem to hang on and get opportunities at a better clip than the some that "make it" from other programs.

Briscoe may outlast and outperform Fultz.

The Kentucky effect is Cal molds good players and I think that is a ridiculous thing to be upset about.

You guys saying Herro could be here for 3-4 years is just wishful thinking, but I sure hope you're right.

I think most of us Fans on here believe that Herro should come back for his sophomore season. We all agree that another year at Kentucky would probably have Herro in the Top 15 next year in the 2020 NBA Mock draft. The only problem I see is that he reminds me of how Booker came on in his Freshman season and halfway through SEC play he took off and was playing outstanding ball and was hitting most of his shots. I believe that Herro has more of a all around game in his ability to nail the 3 pointer, outstanding mid-range jumper, excellent at driving to the basket for an easy layup and is consistent in rebounding and his defense. If Herro continues to play this way during the remainder of the SEC season and in March Madness he could leave just like Booker. We could lose Hagans, Herro, PJ, Travis, KJ, and even EJ if his game comes together in the rest of the SEC season and NCAA Tourney. We would only have back Quickley, Richards, and Baker to go with our 2019 recruiting class. Hoping that Quickley, Herro, EJ, Richards, and Baker back to go with our 2019 Recruiting class.

Grayson Allen more athletic than Herro?????

Grayson Allen more athletic than Herro?????

Yeah I'm not sure about this either. Allen is definately a strong jumper and got himself in great shape physically during his 8 years at Duke, but Herros hips and footwork on the court help him move so quick and effortlessly in any direction.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I think most of us Fans on here believe that Herro should come back for his sophomore season. We all agree that another year at Kentucky would probably have Herro in the Top 15 next year in the 2020 NBA Mock draft. The only problem I see is that he reminds me of how Booker came on in his Freshman season and halfway through SEC play he took off and was playing outstanding ball and was hitting most of his shots. I believe that Herro has more of a all around game in his ability to nail the 3 pointer, outstanding mid-range jumper, excellent at driving to the basket for an easy layup and is consistent in rebounding and his defense. If Herro continues to play this way during the remainder of the SEC season and in March Madness he could leave just like Booker. We could lose Hagans, Herro, PJ, Travis, KJ, and even EJ if his game comes together in the rest of the SEC season and NCAA Tourney. We would only have back Quickley, Richards, and Baker to go with our 2019 recruiting class. Hoping that Quickley, Herro, EJ, Richards, and Baker back to go with our 2019 Recruiting class.

EJ needs to get better at to many things to be gone after one year.. I cant see him getting the consistent playing time the rest of the way to do so. Another 12 months from now could be a huge difference for him.
I dont think hes even hit a 3pt shot yet, but he doesnt get to the line much either.. Just to many holes in his game to work on.

What draft board has Herro on it? I haven't even seen one with Hagans. Just curious

Herro has Euro Player type skills that GMs loove.

With a new set of potential 1 year players coming in next year coupled with players hes played well with this year leaving I'm sure he will consider it if he finishes strong.

If Ashton should enter the draft with late first round projection Herro should as well unfortunately for us fans.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I’ve seen enough games to at least see when a player is told to play a certain way or is being frozen out. I’ve paid my penance and moved on. I was simply owning up to my statement.

Ya Cal never froze out or told Herro not to shoot. Its the shot, not the amount of shots that gets Cal red faced. Well known if you dont shoot and open. Cal yanks you.

You don’t think Herro is a more sheer basketball talent than Gracie?

Man Grayson was stronger and more aggressive at this age. Grayson was good. He could mix up his shots , and had a silky stroke. Herro has a few inches on him. Plus Herro getting a lot more run as a frosh then Grayson. Grayson was still that good tho. Herro looks good. Not better then Gray as a soph. Thats when Gray started getting run. Its close. I think Grayson carved out a NBA career. Long term. By staying and physically maturing. I believe Herro should do the same. Leaves as a frosh. Will be out of the league in three years. Imaging him guarding Curry, KD, Thompson, Lowery any two or hybrid guard in the league. Not ready.

You guys saying Herro could be here for 3-4 years is just wishful thinking, but I sure hope you're right.

Not saying could. I am saying should. The way he shoots someone will grab him pay a quater of a mill to see what happens with the kid in three years. If he dosent develop. So be it. Move on.

Allegedly the NBA drafts on potential, he seems to have a great future ahead of him.

giphy.gif

Reactions: JC43
Omg

Because nearly every shot he gets he creates it by himself. In other words there needs to be more plays to get him open
I’m not disagreeing at all. The Auburn game clearly did that. He got the hot hand and his teammates actively seeked him out those final 6 minutes in the Auburn game. We also did that earlier with KJ. The offense is coming along and the players are also getting a grip on how to process the pill. I want continuance tonight.

And that won't be forced out if they want to stay!
Forced out? Not one player has ever stated that has happened ever. Zero. I played college sports. If I had any bad experiences you damn right I’d vent something like being forced out. Gravy statement.

he’s gone imo. i don’t see a team passing by his offensive potential with a late first round, let alone second round pick. when you have a quick release and high elevation on your shot and can shoot off the dribble you are someone who will score in today’s nba. he’s not seasoned defensively, but the effort is certainly there for improvement. he can run off screens like booker but he also adds a scoring punch in transition where he might even be a more dangerous shooter. i actually think he could be starting 2 guard someday depending on his physicality, but definitely a role player scorer off the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT