ADVERTISEMENT

Is Hawkins available for tonight's game???

yabbadabbadoo

Senior
Nov 3, 2007
Want to see this kid stick the defense on opponents for the rest of the season. I think it brings us energy and a defensive edge that opponents can't shake when others feed off his hustle.

Guess we'll find out tonight. He should get about another 1/2 days rest since the game doesn't start till midnight.

Originally posted by yabbadabbadoo:
Guess we'll find out tonight. He should get about another 1/2 days rest since the game doesn't start till midnight.
The game starts at 9 pm eastern...

Originally posted by wildcatsboston1984:

Originally posted by yabbadabbadoo:
The game starts at 9 pm eastern...
Given the past history of 9PM Starttimes, I'd bet against it before I'd bet on Kentucky giving 22 points to Vanderbilt....

Then again, ESPN may just say start the game @6 so we can all go home early tonight.
eek.r191677.gif

I hope if he isn't 100% or close to it that they don't play him much or at all... We will need him more Saturday at Carolina!

I'd say he'll get a few minutes, but with it being Vandy, they won't need him out there for very long.

Dominique Hawkins is seen here with the blue platoon during this afternoon's shootaround, so one would assume he'll be available tonight and will likely start again.''

10852894_1533093103630325_1714540040_n.jpg

I think we will see Hawkins back in the starting lineup tonight. Which I am excited about! I am 100% sold that the platoons are the way that this team is going to ultimately succeed. Platoon 28 minutes and then find your best rotation for that game and use their backups as needed.

I love Hawkins, his D, his slashing ability, his energy, etc. I could do without seeing him shoot 2-3 3's a game like last week though.

I said the day of the announcement of his procedure that it was likely a haircut. And his hair has been cut.
Who'da thunk it?

I just want him to get/be healthy! Whether he plays and how much I'll leave to Cal.

LOL at the 9pm start talk. Being the 2nd game in an ESPN double header is fairly notorious for guaranteeing a later start. I understand TV rules, but personally I think 9pm games are a bit unfair to those who attend. Even if you live in Lexington it's going to be after midnight before your home.

But for those of us in the forgotten time zone a 7pm start is perfect! It's a great location for watching sports on TV. We get the east coast stuff early, and the west coast stuff late. On Saturdays football and basketball games start at 10am, and run until after midnight some times. On those cold, snowy Saturdays you can pretty much have a college football/basketball marathon all day and well into the night.

wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by UKWildcats#8:
I love Hawkins, his D, his slashing ability, his energy, etc. I could do without seeing him shoot 2-3 3's a game like last week though.
His tonsils were throwing his 3ball off. Oops, I didn't say that.

Originally posted by BoulderCat:
I just want him to get/be healthy! Whether he plays and how much I'll leave to Cal.

LOL at the 9pm start talk. Being the 2nd game in an ESPN double header is fairly notorious for guaranteeing a later start. I understand TV rules, but personally I think 9pm games are a bit unfair to those who attend. Even if you live in Lexington it's going to be after midnight before your home.

But for those of us in the forgotten time zone a 7pm start is perfect! It's a great location for watching sports on TV. We get the east coast stuff early, and the west coast stuff late. On Saturdays football and basketball games start at 10am, and run until after midnight some times. On those cold, snowy Saturdays you can pretty much have a college football/basketball marathon all day and well into the night.
It's on SEC Network and I think like 5/9 of our weekday games are on at 7pm and the other 4 are on at 9pm this year. That seems fair to me and as even as you can get it.

Originally posted by Rhavicc:
I said the day of the announcement of his procedure that it was likely a haircut. And his hair has been cut.
Who'da thunk it?

you're either on the staff or a wizard.
which is it?

ADVERTISEMENT