ADVERTISEMENT

Is Exploratory Studies in Agriculture code for majoring in basketball?

This is ignorant. Easy classes? Perhaps? But it’s foolish of you to try and say we are on par with UNC’s academic fraud.

in todays world where all these kids across all schools are mostly taking online courses....i'm not the ignorant one. but hey....if you want to believe uk "does it the right way" go for it.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that they didn't even sign up for those classes on their own accord, but some "academic advisor" herded all of them into the most flexible and least strenuous course schedule for the semester.

My all-time favorite major for athletes is "Community Development/Leadership"...Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Last edited:
in todays world where all these kids across all schools are mostly taking online courses....i'm not the ignorant one. but hey....if you want to believe uk "does it the right way" go for it.

Please provide me any type of source , link etc that shows majority of the kids on our team are taking “mostly online courses?”

Classes for players do have a tendency to be easy but that is far far different from completely fake classes and degree programs like we saw at UNC. Surely you... you understand that correct?

If you are implying UK cheats when it comes to student athletes , please provide any type of solid evidence you’ve found that backs up your claim?

:) I’ll wait

Reactions: jameslee32
I didn't bring up anything besides this today. Lmao. What are you talking about and why are trying to deflect from this thread?
You started the I wish Cal would have recruited Donavan Mitchell thread as well.
I’m not deflecting...hell most college freshman are undecided their first year

What does the Cat stand for in your name? I’m sure it’s not in reference to the UK wildcats because you are constNtly downing the players coach and program. If you have access to academic fraud please report it.

What does the Cat stand for in your name? I’m sure it’s not in reference to the UK wildcats because you are constNtly downing the players coach and program. If you have access to academic fraud please report it.

Some people just like to fight for the sake of it. Attention, some sort of personal shortcoming, to be a contrarian. It is what it is.

Please provide me any type of source , link etc that shows majority of the kids on our team are taking “mostly online courses?”

Classes for players do have a tendency to be easy but that is far far different from completely fake classes and degree programs like we saw at UNC. Surely you... you understand that correct?

If you are implying UK cheats when it comes to student athletes , please provide any type of solid evidence you’ve found that backs up your claim?

:) I’ll wait

I've seen lots of comments that acknowledge that kids at all schools take "easy" classes but not "fake" ones. But when asked what pisses people off about the UNC situation, UK fans (and duke fans and NCSU fans) will say, "they cheated those kids out of an education!" But are ridiculously easy classes not doing the same? Sure, a fake class definitely does not teach the student anything at all. But does a really easy course teach a student anything at all? If not, then why are easy classes not looked at the same way "fake" classes are? Neither is helping the student athlete become a better person. And is it not at least "bending the rules" to have athletes clustered in "easy" courses? If you believe it is, then what I take from most people on this subject is "cheating is ok if you just cheat a little bit."

Is that accurate?

I think it's because they all want to "out standing in their fields".:cool2: (FARMERS)[roll]

I've seen lots of comments that acknowledge that kids at all schools take "easy" classes but not "fake" ones. But when asked what pisses people off about the UNC situation, UK fans (and duke fans and NCSU fans) will say, "they cheated those kids out of an education!" But are ridiculously easy classes not doing the same? Sure, a fake class definitely does not teach the student anything at all. But does a really easy course teach a student anything at all? If not, then why are easy classes not looked at the same way "fake" classes are? Neither is helping the student athlete become a better person. And is it not at least "bending the rules" to have athletes clustered in "easy" courses? If you believe it is, then what I take from most people on this subject is "cheating is ok if you just cheat a little bit."

Is that accurate?

Well this is just my personal opinion on the subject but rather than it'd be a case of the classes cheating them out of an education what I think it does more harm in regards to regular students i.e. non-major scholarship athletes especially in unc's case is that it's so widely known that there were no show classes and fake grades given that some employers may look at a degree from said Institution as one of less worth. In the case of other programs or Kentucky even though these classes may in fact be very easy/cupcake classes or what have you there has been no big media outcry in Kentucky's case so there should be no train of thought that the degree that you're given from the University of Kentucky would be lessened or tarnished somehow. Now it's all personal opinion on how much you value a degree from one Institution to another the fact remains that there has been a lot of public knowledge or talk about the farce that UNC has been participating in for decades.

Last edited:
This is the study of chicken fornication. Actually my nephew majored in this at UK and has done very well. Noticed all the women's basketball players majored in it his senior year.

Huge difference between the easy classes nearly all schools have and what UNC did.

UNC had classes with no faculty involvement, that never met and had just a simple paper assignment. A secretary would create the classes on her own, get them added to the bulletin, determine the assignment, and grade the work. There was generally no professor involved whatsoever and the class was effectively non-existent.

There’s a reason UNC was threatened with losing their accreditation and it’s not because they offered easy classes.

Reactions: NC Weasel
And yet, for some reason, people still demand that these kids play school.

Regular classes haven't even started yet and they list "the major" for a kid who will be signing his second contract around the time other kids are graduating with 100k in debt.

I don't know why that makes people feel all warm and fuzzy about the charade, but it's one of about a billion examples of how stupid all the song and dance is.
Well what would you suggest? If not for "playing school" there's no reason for them to be at UK to begin with. Let's just disband college athletics altogether and forget about the 99% of college athletes who don't go pro. Or have you devised a way we can definitively prove beforehand that they're not interested in academics whether they're one-and-done or not. A lot, or at least some, one-and-done players come back and finish their degrees later.

Edit: Having reread your post we might be closer to being on the s same page than I immediately thought. But just consider the post a general question for those who criticize college sports for kids who are obviously going pro at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: GonzoCat90
Not sure. It was a real program when I went there. I didn't major in it but a girl I hung out with did. It was serious work. Not a fake program at all.

As for the basketball cats they actually aren't majoring in anything since they will probably only be there a year. You won't seriously take classes in your degree program until your junior year and these guys will never see one. As long as the program doesn't include fake classes it's not a problem. It's probably more a case of they had to major in something.

When I went there, you could be in arts and sciences, while being "undecided" for your major. Is that not still an option?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT