ADVERTISEMENT

Is Exploratory Studies in Agriculture code for majoring in basketball?

Apr 28, 2015
Quade Green, Ashton Hagans, Keldon Johnson, Nick Richards, Immanuel Quickley, Tyler Herro, and EJ Montgomery are all majoring in Exploratory Studies in Agriculture. Lmao

Not sure. It was a real program when I went there. I didn't major in it but a girl I hung out with did. It was serious work. Not a fake program at all.

As for the basketball cats they actually aren't majoring in anything since they will probably only be there a year. You won't seriously take classes in your degree program until your junior year and these guys will never see one. As long as the program doesn't include fake classes it's not a problem. It's probably more a case of they had to major in something.

I have a college degree and no earthly idea what the hell you said.

Public institutions in KY require core curriculum that takes the first 60 credit hours. So no matter what they say they're majoring in, they're really not taking any significant classes towards their degree this soon.

Not just applicable to basketball players. Same for all students.

basically. and its why i dont care about the unc thing. college athletes take bs classes for the most part and get tons of help. at the end of the day...its all fake classes
Fairly true, but the problem with UNC was that it was systematic in a way most aren't, and they got away with it with a complete BS excuse. Compounded by the fact that their fans have spent decades being self-righteous pricks crowing about how "pure" their program is.

If the NCAA wanted to hit a target in this regard, UNC was like the side of a barn. They chose not to, so at this point, I agree that it doesn't really matter.

Quade Green, Ashton Hagans, Keldon Johnson, Nick Richards, Immanuel Quickley, Tyler Herro, and EJ Montgomery are all majoring in Exploratory Studies in Agriculture. Lmao
I think is has to do with being able to separate the bullshit from the important stuff that Cal says

Fairly true, but the problem with UNC was that it was systematic in a way most aren't, and they got away with it with a complete BS excuse. Compounded by the fact that their fans have spent decades being self-righteous pricks crowing about how "pure" their program is.

If the NCAA wanted to hit a target in this regard, UNC was like the side of a barn. They chose not to, so at this point, I agree that it doesn't really matter.
Aye, there's the rub.

basically. and its why i dont care about the unc thing. college athletes take bs classes for the most part and get tons of help. at the end of the day...its all fake classes
There is a difference between easy classes and tutors vs fake classes and counselors systematically funneling athletes into a paper degree to keep them eligible without having to complete any work and it all being caughtbin transcripts, first hand testimony, and email chains.

All students take the basic gen eds their first 2 years. Until you are a Jr you aren't really majoring in anything even if you've "declared".

But they actually show up...that's the difference and the class is real. I had several classes with athletes, some of them were easy classes..but they were real classes

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
You’ve brought up two threads today that seem to want o deflect the
Joy of watching the Cats show a lot of potential these pass 5 days. One about someone Call didn’t recruit and the second about what majors some freshman started.

Did you go to the Cut Nets School of posting.

Most Associates level classes are bogus. Not that in they’re easy but that they have no bearing on what you want to get a degree in. College is a money racket. I know. I have 4 degrees. lol

Don’t agree at all that what was allegedly happening at unc is comparable to UK. That’s factually wrong.
Absolutely. The declaration that ‘everybody does it’ falls flat if you know UNCheat spent millions and millions of dollars on lawyers and PR firms to make their problems go away.

Joy of watching the Cats show a lot of potential these pass 5 days. One about someone Call didn’t recruit and the second about what majors some freshman started.

I didn't bring up anything besides this today. Lmao. What are you talking about and why are trying to deflect from this thread?

He loves to be “devils advocate”

Nick's just getting in on the weed business before the pack. I personally think he's a genius.

gettyimages-564752727-copy-1515519945.jpg

Reactions: EastLansingCat
And yet, for some reason, people still demand that these kids play school.

Regular classes haven't even started yet and they list "the major" for a kid who will be signing his second contract around the time other kids are graduating with 100k in debt.

I don't know why that makes people feel all warm and fuzzy about the charade, but it's one of about a billion examples of how stupid all the song and dance is.

No, alot different than the UNC situation. Most student athletes, including our players, actually go to class and have tutoring appointments the must keep as well. May not be the hardest classes but no freshman is taking serious classes. It's all prerequisites that is mandated. Serious glasses for degrees don't start until at least 2nd semester of sophomore year, usually junior year. That's alot different than the fake BS at UNC.

Most Associates level classes are bogus. Not that in they’re easy but that they have no bearing on what you want to get a degree in. College is a money racket. I know. I have 4 degrees. lol

Ive always said college is the biggest money making scheme in history. Unless you're a doctor or lawyer, no one needs more than two years of college

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
They all come from big farm states and want to become farmers. Karl Malone wanted to drive a truck. No biggie. We need farmers and truck drivers.

Nick is from Jamaica and the Island has been trying to figure out how to profit from it now. Its so widespread and common place there and very cheap by our standards. I have a few friends there now that are involved, The Marleys have some grows going as you can imagine.

And yet, for some reason, people still demand that these kids play school.

Regular classes haven't even started yet and they list "the major" for a kid who will be signing his second contract around the time other kids are graduating with 100k in debt.

I don't know why that makes people feel all warm and fuzzy about the charade, but it's one of about a billion examples of how stupid all the song and dance is.
I honestly hate that it's a rule for them to declare a major

How many students spend their first two years as "undeclared" because they haven't decided on a major? Why do athletes have to?

Reactions: GonzoCat90

Sounds like educated hole digging to me. Kind of like a sanitation engineer...

Yep, he’s also still salty about his whole ridiculous take on rondo and being called out

ADVERTISEMENT