ADVERTISEMENT

Is Duke holding Bagley out because of FBI concerns?

Oct 15, 2017
I posted this yesterday, but I can't find that post anymore on the site. So, I guess I'll have to post it again.

Bagley missed his second game in a row due to a "mild knee sprain". Purely speculating here, but, does anyone else think it might be related to the recent article on the FBI probe of college basketball? Maybe Capel and K know he's been bought and are afraid it's going to become public? Sitting him now might give them the excuse of saying that they didn't find out until recently and held him out as soon as they did, a la Maggette.

I posted this yesterday, but I can't find that post anymore on the site. So, I guess I'll have to post it again.

Bagley missed his second game in a row due to a "mild knee sprain". Purely speculating here, but, does anyone else think it might be related to the recent article on the FBI probe of college basketball? Maybe Capel and K know he's been bought and are afraid it's going to become public? Sitting him now might give them the excuse of saying that they didn't find out until recently and held him out as soon as they did, a la Maggette.
Madeas-Witness-Protection.jpg

Reactions: JC CATS
If a situation arose where a team played an ineligible player through the tournament until the final game . Then the player is held out for the final game and they win the final game and later the ncaa vacates all games the player played in do they still keep the title ?

Not if that team is Duke.

No seriously, I like that question.

Reactions: brianpoe
So this is interesting.. Radio show yesterday with Dino Gaudino, coach of Wake Forest back when they were good with Teague and Aminu.. Said Bagley was being held out to "send a message" about playing defense, or lack there of.

Seems to be a few issues circling..

Also, A coworker of mine who I usually inform about the happenings of NCAAB, just stopped me walking into the building today to basically ask if I heard about the huge reports coming out. I guess a lot of big schools and a lot of big recruits are affected. I'm sure someone has a thread on this already, so I'll look for it. But the fact that this guy heard about it? Means it's big.

Also, A coworker of mine who I usually inform about the happenings of NCAAB, just stopped me walking into the building today to basically ask if I heard about the huge reports coming out. I guess a lot of big schools and a lot of big recruits are affected. I'm sure someone has a thread on this already, so I'll look for it. But the fact that this guy heard about it? Means it's big.
If they are holding out players for bad defense why is Grayson Allen playing at all?

If he was bought, they bought him and have known all along. He's already played in both semesters with the high school credits of a rising junior, so if it were money or eligibility none of it would be a surprise to them. No reason to sit him now.

They brought him and Duval on board with the FBI swirling all around college hoops. But they're also a private school and not subject to the same open records laws as state universities, so maybe they're more bold.

If they are holding out players for bad defense why is Grayson Allen playing at all?

Good point. SUrprisingly, they've been playing better without Bagley. Giving the ball to Grayson appears to have helped.. Although they beat GaTech with one of THEIR top players injured, and VaTech as well. Not the ACC's cream of the crop.

Good point. SUrprisingly, they've been playing better without Bagley. Giving the ball to Grayson appears to have helped.. Although they beat GaTech with one of THEIR top players injured, and VaTech as well. Not the ACC's cream of the crop.
Next up they get to face Clemson who is without two of their best players.

Glad nobody seemed to take the bait. This kind of speculation is either trying to bait posters or, at the very least, irresponsible. We heard it from the UL fans about Vanderbilt.

Maybe I should write the ncaa just in case Dook tries to pull a fast one .
You could install a flashing billboard right across from the NCAA headquarters with all the information about the stuff that dook seems to get by with and have it run 24/7 365 and it wouldn't make a dam bit of difference !

I don't take anything at face value from Dook. Have to be suspicious of this move with Bagley. If it isn't FBI it's simply that they are trying to protect his draft position, as it's become clear how bad his defense is.

K is finding out the hard way what Cal has known for years - it's hard to teach these superstar players who have been told for years that they are the next LeBron. It's even harder to get 4-5 of those guys to play as a team. But you can't just "bench" your showcase player and prospective #1 draft pick because his defense sucks.

Makes you wonder a little just how "injured" Kyrie Irving was.

Glad nobody seemed to take the bait. This kind of speculation is either trying to bait posters or, at the very least, irresponsible. We heard it from the UL fans about Vanderbilt.

Uh, what? It's a valid question. Bagely is mysteriously out with a slight knee sprain. Sorry if the thread bothers you. Are we allowed to speculate on anything?

Is this the big news?
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-co...hes-top-programs-lottery-picks-224417174.html

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Wonder what Bagely spent that given Duke money on?

Bet he bought some nice wheels.

The government and their incompetent FBI works at a snail's pace. By the time they get this together all of the players in college today will have their own families. We are talking about the FBI. An organization that chases Russians around bushes and ignores tips of a mass killer shooter about to strike. The FBI is a political organization and if you have enough political power they will look in a different direction. Duke is safe.

If we really want to get to the bottom of this we need to call Columbo and put him on the case. He gets his man / woman / transgender

who cares about duke? we just need to control what we can control. try to hang on these last few games and get into the tourney. calipari can coach flat out. just get there and kentucky will make some noise. nobody wants to play us in the big dance, not even almighty puke university or UNCheat.

If a situation arose where a team played an ineligible player through the tournament until the final game . Then the player is held out for the final game and they win the final game and later the ncaa vacates all games the player played in do they still keep the title ?

I have been wondering about this, but taking it back in time a little more. What if a player was not held out until near the end of the regular season. If most regular season games end up vacated, that teams record would not have given them an at large bid if they did not win their conf tournament. Should a title be vacated in that situation? I say it should since they should not have received the bid in the first place.

Mentioned this in another thread. Duke looks to be better with Bagley on the bench. Over half the game against MSU and these most recent two, team has actually played as good as they have at any other time.

One less player needing the ball and in those games Allen has gone off big time instead of letting Bagley be the focus of the offense.

I really like this hire! I think Smith is going to be a stud with us. He's shown that his WRs can produce and that he can recruit. He didn't have a bunch of 4 & 5* talent at WRs and yet they still put up good numbers in his time with the Razorbacks. He also is a proven recruiter of Louisiana, especially New Orleans. A ton of talent comes out of LA every year and if we can just get 2-3 guys a class out of there that would be huge. He got 14 guys from LA to Arkansas in 4 years and Lexington is definitely better than Fayetteville.

If he was bought, they bought him and have known all along. He's already played in both semesters with the high school credits of a rising junior, so if it were money or eligibility none of it would be a surprise to them. No reason to sit him now.

They brought him and Duval on board with the FBI swirling all around college hoops. But they're also a private school and not subject to the same open records laws as state universities, so maybe they're more bold.

If the FBI has a judge subpoena those records, they have no choice, but to release them. But I'm sure if you dig deep enough on the Bagley's, that you will find there is more there, than what appears before the eye. The guy has already branded his own son's name and image, what does that tell you..

Reactions: shep21754
ADVERTISEMENT