ADVERTISEMENT

Is apathy soon to be setting in?

Apathy never. Maybe resignation to some degree.

Resigned to the fact that the approach is not going to change no matter what; all the while knowing it's flawed.

It Needs lightning in a bottle to win it all much as the same for the non-blue bloods. But hey UK is in on a bunch of 2019 5 stars.

Will never miss watching a game or turning one off. Back in the day drove 700 miles to watch Grevey led Cats beat Alabama for SEC regular season championship on TV. Listened to an important game vs UT in the 70s by calling home long-distance and having my mom place the phone in front of the radio.

Some of you need to toughen up a bit and channel Al McGuire.

What is the definition of a true fan?

I’m not exactly sure but a fan doesn’t just stop watching and following “their team” for multiple years.

How are you a fan if you don’t watch , follow or know anything about the team you supposedly root for ?

Clearly you’re intelligent enough to understand that... correct ?

Makes sense, so you think there can be a casual fan, regular fan, fan, super fan, ultra super fan? Could that be possible?
What is your definition of intelligence?
I do not think everything has to be black and white, I think there can be many shades of grey.

Reactions: susan2361
Makes sense, so you think there can be a casual fan, regular fan, fan, super fan, ultra super fan? Could that be possible?
What is your definition of intelligence?
I do not think everything has to be black and white, I think there can be many shades of grey.

It doesn’t surprise me that you think that way.

It doesn’t surprise me that you think that way.
I started out in 1963 listening to Cawood and Ralph Hacker on WHAS. I watched or taped every game I could over the years, still have 96 and 98 NC games on VHS tape, still have the 96 and 98 copies of Cats Pause magazine and copies of SI. And yet, you proclaim to know my level of being a fan is not at you perceived notion of what a true fan is. I am so torn up that I do not reach your level of fandom, I just don't know what to do. Also wished my IQ was equal to yours. I am so happy you are the "perfect fan". Maybe the rest of us should ask for your stamp of approval to even post here?

Get off your GD high horse. People support and follow whatever team they like in different ways, you do not get to decide that, as much as I know you want to. The last "perfect" man could walk on water, can you?

Reactions: Chuckinden
Honestly ? They were never true fans to begin with then.
You keep using this tired argument, yet countless numbers of folks continue to come forward with the same stories of program apathy. It's obvious these folks (myself included) were not the level of fanatic you or others in this thread claim to be. The point, however, is that those folks are still turning away and openly expressing that sentiment. This is the 4th major thread on this subject this season. You can continue to poo-poo those folks and their level of interest, and I'm not even saying you're wrong, but your super-fan posturing does not change the fact that some of the average fans in this fan base are waning while you guys chain yourselves to the UK tree in a hurricane.

And, in case you aren't paying attention or keeping count, they're starting to outnumber the diehards. You have to come to the realization at some point that folks in KY only started following basketball b/c UK was good at it. When you take away the success, it's just another random sport with not much to offer to the casual fan. And UK has an absolute shit ton of casual fans.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I’m not exactly sure but a fan doesn’t just stop watching and following “their team” for multiple years.

How are you a fan if you don’t watch , follow or know anything about the team you supposedly root for ?

Didn’t you give up on the football team?

Maybe the proper term is a "dispassionate observer" instead of apathy, you care, but not to the same extent as before, for various reasons. I think overall lack of team pride getting curb stomped repeatedly on 14-2 runs by the other team leaves a sour taste.

Became apathetic after the Wisconsin loss watching Cal leave his best guard on the bench as we turned it over in straight possessions in the final minutes.

Then really tuned out after Higgins blatantly cheated to end our season last year.

I've missed more games this year than I have missed total in probably 20 years. I just have better things to do with my time than watch poor SEC officiating and guys that refuse to accept coaching.
I’ve seen this stupid ass opinion enough that I need to answer it.

We had the twins at guards 1 and 2 who had won as many games for us already as any guard tandem in the past. Ulis showed promise but was a freshman, and no one could foresee that Booker would become a more effective pro prospect than Davis.

If you think that ANY coach, in that position, at that point in the game, was NOT going to dance with who bring you, then you have either never coached, never played or are a troll. Been wanting to say that for a while. Generally, not mad at you in particular.

I’ve seen this stupid ass opinion enough that I need to answer it.

We had the twins at guards 1 and 2 who had won as many games for us already as any guard tandem in the past. Ulis showed promise but was a freshman, and no one could foresee that Booker would become a more effective pro prospect than Davis.

If you think that ANY coach, in that position, at that point in the game, was NOT going to dance with who bring you, then you have either never coached, never played or are a troll. Been wanting to say that for a while. Generally, not mad at you in particular.

You mean like when Nick Saban benched his starting QB and won national championship game.

I think resignation to the fact that 2017-18 is just not a good team is absolutely setting in, but program apathy could apply if this type season repeats itself next year, I expect 3 or 4 of the current roster to leave for NBA, and right now the 3 recruited guards coming on board I hope are team first kind of players, but I don't know for certain.

I know Cal likes an 8 or 9 man team (for playing time purposes for his 5 stars), but I think a 10 or 11 man team, would allow him, to not be "held hostage" again like 2013 when he was forced to play a certain group. The similarities are there to 2013 team, especially the one after Nerlens went down, the talent and alpha dog mentality just does not exist, there is a definite onset of discouragement among the players and coaches.

Cal has had only had 2 seasons out of 9 where the team has performed like this, so odds are pretty good, he can turn this around, but I wonder how much energy he has left to do it.....

No joke. I knew from the blue and white game that this team wasn’t going to do anything and that’s ridiculous to notice at a scrimmage with your own team but that’s how bad the roster is.

Certain coaches have the big balls to make the tough calls, others go with what brought them, Saban's gut told him to pull the trigger, Cal didn't have it in him to pull the Harrisons in the Wisconsin game, most coaches frankly don't. Coaches sometimes have to make the moves that nobody expects, instead of what's been working all the time, its why the Eagles won the Super Bowl, No Risk-it, No Biscuit.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
ADVERTISEMENT