ADVERTISEMENT

Is Anthony Richardson …

… the most overrated QB in the country? I still can’t believe how much hype he got leading up to our game with them. He’s not just overrated, he sucks. He has zero touchdowns through 3+ games — with four interceptions, and is averaging only 5 yards per attempt. Those are historically terrible stats.
It’s also just his fourth start. Ever. I think he will grow. But he’s a four year player. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

… the most overrated QB in the country? I still can’t believe how much hype he got leading up to our game with them. He’s not just overrated, he sucks. He has zero touchdowns through 3+ games — with four interceptions, and is averaging only 5 yards per attempt. Those are historically terrible stats.
Overrated? Yes. Sucks? No. He is a good QB, but not the second coming of Tebow or Manning.

Blame the “experts” on television. Not this kid’s fault they overhyped him for ratings and clicks.
Gary Danielson arrived at today's game with a whole bag-full of reasons (excuses) why Richardson hasn't been what the talking heads say he is. Once they buy into a narrative, they don't give it up easily. Maybe Richardson becomes a wonderful QB, maybe not; either way, they've done him no favors by hyping him so much.

It seems like once they start the hype train on a player they just can’t admit they may be wrong. He may turn out great but for now he’s below average.

He’d been terrible before this thread, but starting the second I posted it, he’s looked like the second coming of Cam Newton lol. 😂
Kid is good. He just doesn’t have experience. He will get there. If he does stick around he’s going to be dangerous next season.

Crazy how this works. Start this thread and boom, he is a beast lol maybe he is really good and needed a few games. Or maybe UK, Utah and USF have the best Defenses in the country lol

So this means we roll UT right?? Lol

Only a sophomore and I think he is improving…the problem on the field is UF’s defense.

This thread aging well. He may be overrated. But he’s getting better play by play.
1. He was 10-18 for 112 pass yards and 2 picks for USF last week
2. We all know his putrid performance v.s UK 2 weeks ago
3. He put up insane stats vs. Tennessee...453 yards 2TD and 1 pick...and he ran for 2 more TDs

Before we say he's back....it was Tennessee he did this against. A notoriously bad D. Let's see what AR15 does vs. teams that play disciplined D and make him throw from pocket and read zone D looks. I'm still not sold he can be accurate in the pocket.

Not sure if this has been noted. But one of the announcers at the UT uf game said ar suffered an ankle injury against uk and that caused him to play bad and he hasn't been the same since. Please show me ar limping, even barely, just one time. my goodness these guys will say anything to justify their narrative

Reactions: kywildcat41086
No, not overrated. As fast as he was hyped against us, was the same speed everyone jumped off the train. Richardson attention is ancient history. Complaining about that now is like complaining about Georgia Tech and John Heisman.

He may not have started any games, but he played a bunch last year. He’s not exactly raw.

Mullen gave him his first start against UGA last year, resulted in a couple lost fumbles a couple of int including a pic 6. That was the game that Mullen lost the team.

ADVERTISEMENT