ADVERTISEMENT

IRS auditing UofSmell

post-50451-Anchorman-we-are-laughing-gif-SbPe.gif

Not to rain on the parade, but I've given up completely on the notion that anything will come of probes or investigations into UL, Duke, UNC etc. an audit today just disappears in the details tomorrow. Would love to be wrong, but out of 1,000 threads stating some sort of probe, we might actually get a small bite once or twice.

Reactions: Bkocats
Not a word of this over at Dirty Bird Central. Zipp's far more concerned about your "sh!t schedule", the Rio Brothel(as if that has anything within 1,000 miles of doing with UK), and a picture taken backstage. "effing idiots.

Not to rain on the parade, but I've given up completely on the notion that anything will come of probes or investigations into UL, Duke, UNC etc. an audit today just disappears in the details tomorrow. Would love to be wrong, but out of 1,000 threads stating some sort of probe, we might actually get a small bite once or twice.
must admit, the OP gave me a bit of a thrill, when I first read it
But - and I hate to, truly, - I have to agree with the above. No faith in this. It won't be an "ncaa issue" - but perhaps a criminal one, probably not likely? Does mean there will be an even longer wait

Reactions: Blueaz
You guys would mever say nothing is gonna happen if this was us...so why so positive UL walks when all the bridge jumpers would be full if this was us

Reactions: ymmot31
UofL is not Duke, and they're not North Carolina. The comparison is dumb, IMO.

Not a word of this over at Dirty Bird Central. Zipp's far more concerned about your "sh!t schedule", the Rio Brothel(as if that has anything within 1,000 miles of doing with UK), and a picture taken backstage. "effing idiots.
Of all the douches that have ever douched the douche, Zipp is the douchiest of them all.

Reactions: Mike-D
UofL is not Duke, and they're not North Carolina. The comparison is dumb, IMO.

No they're not. But I was speaking more to the most recent instances of scandals being overlooked. UL has escaped to this point nearly as much as those have in the past.

You guys would mever say nothing is gonna happen if this was us...so why so positive UL walks when all the bridge jumpers would be full if this was us

Because UK has been held to a different standard in the past. Our scandal in th 80's doesn't come close to UNC, Duke, and UL's scandals of recent. We were also asked to retract a 500 win fact from our media guides and a complaint from the NCAA on the damn basketball.

Upon a little thought and context, it shouldn't be hard for even the challenged to understand it.

No they're not. But I was speaking more to the most recent instances of scandals being overlooked. UL has escaped to this point nearly as much as those have in the past.
I wouldn't say they've escaped. How bad does it have to be for you to self impose a post season ban, especially for Jurich. I'm guessing the NCAA came in and said "don't even think about a post season". The hammer will fall imo.

I am definitely hoping the IRS changes something but again, the NCAA wouldn't do anything. Unless there's a direct correlation to cheating (as they see it), what can happen?

The UNC ruling changed the game. The burden for rules violations is enormous now.

I wouldn't say they've escaped. How bad does it have to be for you to self impose a post season ban, especially for Jurich. I'm guessing the NCAA came in and said "don't even think about a post season". The hammer will fall imo.

I'm praying my pessimism is the result of golden school UNC escaping and it doesn't have further implications.

Reactions: Bkocats and Ugoff

I have no idea what if anything will come from this IRS audit, but UofL is not getting off of the hooker scandal with just one self-imposed post-season ban. Don't see it.

I have no idea what if anything will come from this IRS audit, but UofL is not getting off of the hooker scandal with just one self-imposed post-season ban. Don't see it.

Anyone know the timeline we're looking at for the investigation to wrap up, Pun intended?

I'll say this... if the IRS announced an audit and came in and asked for the contracts Stoops, Calipari and Mitchell, I wouldn't be sleeping well tonight.

Hell no. We all know UK is held to a much higher standard. I'd be a wreck until it was over.

Reactions: TexKat
Okay, totally putting my blue bias aside, I've never seen a school with more scandal surrounding it in my lifetime.

Forget that it's Louisville. Like, I could live in New Hampshire, not even have the hatred of UL that comes with being a UK fan, and still see them as the sleaziest university in the country.

Congrats, red birds. Couldn't happen to a nicer group.

What does this really mean in grand scheme of things?? Why are they auditing them to begin with...they (IRS) must jave a reason

From the OP article comes this reply and is SO UofL in bold (my emphasis):

"When asked if the IRS has ever conducted such an audit of UofL, university spokesman John Karman said they have not yet been able to determine an answer to that question, but

“We have no reason to believe that this is anything other than routine.”

He added that the UofL Foundation or Athletics Association had not been contacted by the IRS."

And this makes me wonder what other schools he might be referring :

“We know that other schools are on the IRS auditing cycle,” said Karman. “It appears that it’s our turn.”

Edit: There is actual truth in the response:
An IRS Audit Roadmap: Report of the College and University Compliance Project

That article is by an organization to offer info on tax deferring: "The National Tax-Deferred Savings Association" .

Last edited:
From the OP article comes this reply and is SO UofL in bold (my emphasis):

"When asked if the IRS has ever conducted such an audit of UofL, university spokesman John Karman said they have not yet been able to determine an answer to that question, but

“We have no reason to believe that this is anything other than routine.”

He added that the UofL Foundation or Athletics Association had not been contacted by the IRS."

And this makes me wonder what other schools he might be referring :

“We know that other schools are on the IRS auditing cycle,” said Karman. “It appears that it’s our turn.”

Random audit that just so happens to include Ramsey and Pitino. Nothing to see here.

I am definitely hoping the IRS changes something but again, the NCAA wouldn't do anything. Unless there's a direct correlation to cheating (as they see it), what can happen?

The UNC ruling changed the game. The burden for rules violations is enormous now.
So far it only changed the game for UNC(duke was never a part of the game)Coach K and his players have always been able to do whatever they want and get by with it.

Until a school (or schools) call the NCAA's bluff by either refusing to play UNC or seeking an injunction(citing the UNC case) to prevent the NCAA from sanctioning a member school things will not change. There will come a time when that will happen.

Okay, totally putting my blue bias aside, I've never seen a school with more scandal surrounding it in my lifetime.

Forget that it's Louisville. Like, I could live in New Hampshire, not even have the hatred of UL that comes with being a UK fan, and still see them as the sleaziest university in the country.

Congrats, red birds. Couldn't happen to a nicer group.
UT says hello.
They have been in more trouble the last 5 years than any school I have ever seen. They just aren't good enough at anything for it to matter.

Reactions: floatingyou
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT