ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting discussion with UL fan

wildcatharry

Junior
May 25, 2007
So, I ran into a UL fan who stopped me so he could talk to me. He began by saying that the NCAA needs blown up and just completely decimated. So, I said lets continue your logic. The NCAA gets blown up and decimated; then, somehow you have to have a governing body to organize athletic events, make sure there are rules in place for each contest and some regulations that prevent one school from cheating. So, lets get representatives like ADs, former coaches and past presidents to manage such an organization. And lets give this organization a name like National Collegiate Athletic Association; or NCAA for short. Then I asked how would that be any different tan what we have now ?
Like it or not the NCAA is made up of representatives of ourselves. In order to be a member associate Louisville had to agree to the regulations and bylaws of the NCAA. If they don't like it they can stop being a member and play schools in Canada.

Reactions: shep21754
You are trying to talk logic to a UofL fan. That's harder than explaining quantum physics to a 4 year old.

So you're saying essentially there is no choice but to have an entity as corrupt, powerful, and abusive as the NCAA.

I mean why take Hitler out of Germany, right? He was only going to be replaced with someone else who was equally a man.

That may be the most pitifully hopeless sentiment I've ever read in my life. May God have mercy on your soul.

I was in a business office this week and a friend of the owner was there also.'Yeah, a UL fan. He explained to me that Pinto could not know because if the mentioned things actually happen, it would never be told because men don't "kiss and tell". DUH , they did in the 50's in high school when I was there. Boys do brag ......or lie.

I was in a business office this week and a friend of the owner was there also.'Yeah, a UL fan. He explained to me that Pinto could not know because if the mentioned things actually happen, it would never be told because men don't "kiss and tell". DUH , they did in the 50's in high school when I was there. Boys do brag ......or lie.

Did you ask him
To explain why all of these female teachers are getting busted for screwing their students then?

The problem isn't that the NCAA exists. It's that they are extremely inconsistent and often give attention to things that are trivial while not giving attention to things that desperately need changed. Don't blow them up, they just need to do a better job.

The weakest excuse in all of this mess, is "well Rick did not know about it." I don't care if he knew or not, he is being paid millions of a dollars to KNOW what is going on with HIS BB programs, he is the captain of the ship so when the crap hits the fan, he has to bear some responsibility. I thought the 5 game suspension was weak as well. I was looking for a full year suspension and Jurich being shown the door.

ADVERTISEMENT