ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting comment on the KSR show today

They are not friends anymore?
tumblr_lhh622vyD01qdhs4t.gif

This. The issues with this team will not be solved during the 2017-18 basketball season. Anyone thinking that they will be is unnecessarily setting themselves up for a major disappointment. We should keep watching them and hope for the best of course. But I’m mostly looking to the future now.

Probably. But if Gabriel and Quade can start making some 3’s again, we can take down anybody.

Agreed except the part of Brad having the lowest IQ. That goes to Diallo without a doubt. Really hope he leaves.

Green needs to be our PG period. I feel Cal is only playing Shai there to better his draft stock. The offense is so stagnant with Shai at pg. it’s the same thing everytime. He dribbles the air out of the ball, calls for a screen and then drives for a layup/gets caught up in the air with nobody to pass to and is a turnover/is able to pass it out. That’s a middle school offense. Atleast with Quade it’s something different everytime and people actually move without the ball because they know there’s a good chance Quade will find them. With Shai everyone just stands around because they know he’s going to drive.

Lastly I almost wonder if we are too big for our own good. Seeing us in person last week, when on offense there was almost no room to move around. Spacing wasn’t great but even if it was, pretty much anything inside the three point line and especially the point is just clogged up. That’s fine when the players are skilled like in 2015 but when they aren’t it just takes away the driving lanes which is one of the only things we do halfway decent.
I am at a loss to understand the fascination with Quade Green. He has been a disaster in SEC play, shooting 37%, 29% from 3, and has 11 assists and 15 turnovers. Shai is our best all around player and has 63 assists to 40 turnovers in SEC play. It we have a middle school offense, it ain't Shai's...it's John Calipari's. Quade Green was overrated coming out of high school. He still has a chance to be decent college player in a couple years, but to say he's anywhere near the player that Shai is simply isn't backed up by the numbers.

I am at a loss to understand the fascination with Quade Green. He has been a disaster in SEC play, shooting 37%, 29% from 3, and has 11 assists and 15 turnovers. Shai is our best all around player and has 63 assists to 40 turnovers in SEC play. It we have a middle school offense, it ain't Shai's...it's John Calipari's. Quade Green was overrated coming out of high school. He still has a chance to be decent college player in a couple years, but to say he's anywhere near the player that Shai is simply isn't backed up by the numbers.

Because they are both playing out of position and it’s not common for the best all around player to be your PG.

Shai has a long way to go to being a great point guard that starts a fluid offense. Our record since he took over is the one stat that really stands out.

Green has never ever played SG.

Because they are both playing out of position and it’s not common for the best all around player to be your PG.

Shai has a long way to go to being a great point guard that starts a fluid offense. Our record since he took over is the one stat that really stands out.

Green has never ever played SG.
So you're blaming our record on Shai taking over at PG? Really? Is he responsible for the meltdown that Hami is having? Is he responsible for the following 3 point % in conference play. 1. Diallo 20% 2. Green 29% 3. Gabriel 29% 4. Washington 15%. We're getting our share of good Iooks. I just haven't seen anything out of Green that makes me think he is an above average SEC point guard. Maybe he'll develop over time, but I assume Cal feels the same way because he's putting the ball in Shai's hands.

PJ jumping anyone's ass is comical.

This team needs an entire reset and I think that will be the offseason.

Our best player is also the most fragile who cannot play defense.

Our lowest IQ player is a coach's son.

Our worst player was our highest rated recruit with a half year of experience.

Our PG has been moved to the 2.

Our most dynamic player cannot shoot or defend switches.

Our best player doesn't really have a position.

Our offense is stagnant.

We have zero reliable shooters.

Zero low post options.

We cant defend the rim.

We are mentally weak.

After an off season this can happen:

KP can get PJ corrected.
We have a PG coming.
We have shooters coming and I believe that Wenyen and Green can find their stroke.
Our offense can improve.

The paint will still be a question but hell Auburn is Top 10 with a 6'7 centr and 6'3 PF so......?

And i believe we will see at least one of Shai, Diallo, or Jared return.
I agree but did you really need to hate on Brad? What information do you have concerning the kids IQ.

They were talking about the team "bitching" at each other all the time. Drew Franklin said he was at the last game and PJ was letting Knox have it about getting beat all the time. In some situations that could be good, if you have an established team leader setting guys straight, but I think it's more like team turmoil. I've never gotten the impression that these guys like each other all that much. I could be wrong, but that's just my hunch.
I don't have any problem with PJ getting on Knox. Knox is a good kid who can benefit from being around other players with more intensity. I don't think there's any secret that there is some turmoil in our locker room. Coach Calipari does not stifle expression. Freshmen are learning to cope with the heat of competition and scrutiny. This is a test of character. Our freshmen are long on character, but short on execution at this point. That would especially go for Hamidou Diallo and Quade Green, 2 great kids with big hearts who are clearly trying to do way too much. This is a very young team, and they haven't developed enough chemistry to win close games. It's disappointing, but the sky is not falling.

Most of this teams flaws are exacerbated by selfishness. This team doesn't sacrifice for each other, blames each other, and are basically here to get theirs and I have never said this about any other UK team. This may sound harsh, but its painfully obvious.

The meaning of "team" and "family" and "everybody eats" that players like Anthony Davis, John Wall, and KAT towns bought into is beneath this bunch.

When players will never make the extra pass or give the ball up on the break...

When players will sit on a bench for half a year instead of out their helping their team...

When players will not listen to simple instructions and talk back at their coach...

When players are called out publicly by their coach for all wanting to do their own thing...

When players wont attempt to go after a loose ball and then blame their teammate because he didnt either...

When players blame others for defense despite their own being pathetic as well...

You have a very selfish team.

Youth, low bbiq, turnovers, laziness, bad shots, bad D, etc all look 1,000,000 x worse on a team that behaves and thinks this way.

Hopefully something changes in the next few weeks and a light comes on. Not holding my breath. Most optimistic view at this point is that players that dont want to buy in leave and those that do will return.

Reactions: brianpoe
P_SS on Morp_ssonsky...
We could never allow @morgousky to be mayor. He's too much of a loose cannon. I do like the fact that he's one of those people that can think for themselves, so to speak. He blasts the media at any and every given opportunity. He sees through all the bullshit. Need more like him in this country.

Edit: The majority of U.S. citizens are simply just monkey see monkey do. It's truly sad and pathetic.

We could never allow @morgousky to be mayor. He's too much of a loose cannon. I do like the fact that he's one of those people that can think for themselves, so to speak. He blasts the media at any and every given opportunity. He sees through all the bullshit. Need more like him in this country.

Edit: The majority of U.S. citizens are simply just monkey see monkey do. It's truly sad and pathetic.

Poe seems okay. Morpostsky seems okay too. Yeah, people need to do quite a bit more thinking and observing than talking that's for sure.

I kind of laugh at some of the perceptions drawn of some of the posters on this site.

A few like Poe and Mortypingsky have allowed themselves through pictures and the sharing of their personal information a more true perception of their bonafides. (They walk the talk.)

Them and a couple others on this site (the Ky kid (I think)) recently posted their name and face in their avatar due to them catching themselves becoming who they are not (On the internet) I did that myself for a short time when I started posting on this site. (I rarely post anywhere else.) My work and family life doesn't allow me much other free time.

I posted mine and my wife's picture of this past summer. I even posted a picture of my two daughters. Mordroolsky may attest. I'm a blessed man.

I won't go further into my personal life though I have mentioned it through the years. I can go out to eat when I want. I am thankful. This is a good site with good people. Yeah, you too.;)

I sure hope these Cats get things turned around.

We will talk again if the Lord doesn't take me home. (We are not promised tomorrow.)

Be Good

In my opinion, I haven't seen anything that makes me think these guys don't like each other. I just think it's a bad basketball team. I mean, we lost Bam, Fox, Monk, Brisco, & Hump from last year, & didn't replace any one of em with players as good as they were. If we blame Cal for thinking these recruits were better than they are, then we're called idiots. So I'll just say they aren't very good. We'll get em next year, since we have a bunch of studs coming in.

So you're blaming our record on Shai taking over at PG? Really? Is he responsible for the meltdown that Hami is having? Is he responsible for the following 3 point % in conference play. 1. Diallo 20% 2. Green 29% 3. Gabriel 29% 4. Washington 15%. We're getting our share of good Iooks. I just haven't seen anything out of Green that makes me think he is an above average SEC point guard. Maybe he'll develop over time, but I assume Cal feels the same way because he's putting the ball in Shai's hands.

I'm not blaming our record on Shai, but our offensive sets are horrible and we were much smoother earlier on. Granted the competition wasnt as strong either.

Green is not a great PG.

Shai isnt a PG at all. Shai needs to have the ball, but not necessarily with it starting and ending with him... it's not working.

Just my opinion, but let a true PG distribute to playmakers instead forcing a kid to try to be both a distributor and leading scorer.

Last edited:
I'm not blaming our record on Shai, but our offensive sets are horrible and we were much smoother earlier on. Granted the competition wasnt as strong either.

Green is not a great PG.

Shai isnt a PG at all. Shai needs to have the ball, but not necessarily with it starting and ending with him... it's not working.

Just my opinion, but let a true PG distributer to playmakers instead forcing a kid to try to be both a distributor and leading scorer.
Maybe it's worth a try because Green is shooting so poorly from three in SEC play he's basically useless as a 2 guard.

Poe seems okay. Morpostsky seems okay too. Yeah, people need to do quite a bit more thinking and observing than talking that's for sure.

I kind of laugh at some of the perceptions drawn of some of the posters on this site.

A few like Poe and Mortypingsky have allowed themselves through pictures and the sharing of their personal information a more true perception of their bonafides. (They walk the talk.)

Them and a couple others on this site (the Ky kid (I think)) recently posted their name and face in their avatar due to them catching themselves becoming who they are not (On the internet) I did that myself for a short time when I started posting on this site. (I rarely post anywhere else.) My work and family life doesn't allow me much other free time.

I posted mine and my wife's picture of this past summer. I even posted a picture of my two daughters. Mordroolsky may attest. I'm a blessed man.

I won't go further into my personal life though I have mentioned it through the years. I can go out to eat when I want. I am thankful. This is a good site with good people. Yeah, you too.;)

We will talk again if the Lord doesn't take me home. (We are not promised tomorrow.)

Be Good
Ok that was plain weird. I’m not going to lie. Really really weird

PJ jumping anyone's ass is comical.

This team needs an entire reset and I think that will be the offseason.

Our best player is also the most fragile who cannot play defense.

Our lowest IQ player is a coach's son.

Our worst player was our highest rated recruit with a half year of experience.

Our PG has been moved to the 2.

Our most dynamic player cannot shoot or defend switches.

Our best player doesn't really have a position.

Our offense is stagnant.

We have zero reliable shooters.

Zero low post options.

We cant defend the rim.

We are mentally weak.

After an off season this can happen:

KP can get PJ corrected.
We have a PG coming.
We have shooters coming and I believe that Wenyen and Green can find their stroke.
Our offense can improve.

The paint will still be a question but hell Auburn is Top 10 with a 6'7 centr and 6'3 PF so......?

And i believe we will see at least one of Shai, Diallo, or Jared return.
Can I pick which one returns?

Cal, KP, and his staff have always seemed to find the point for the teams to make the turn. The runway is coming to the end and the plane is still speeding out of control. If Cal lands this plane and they go on a run, there should nary a word ever be spoken again about his ability. I still have hope, but I am highly doubtful at this point. 4 in a row at UK is not something we have much experience with as fans.

Be Good
I actually saw that picture. Very good pic of y'all, btw. I'm going to put a pic up of my ball and chain here soon. Possibly today. I have to transfer some pics over first. Let's just say the ones I have aren't suitable for this site. [winking] Morpostsky is the best one yet. I think we should stick with that one. Suits him well. [laughing]

Reactions: BBUK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT