ADVERTISEMENT

Infamous Rupp Rafters posters that don't post anymore.

Oh the good times where tickling buttholes was actually considered a good thing.
Sunshine pumper, usually tries to be funny.

That defines me somewhat. 78Gooses prolly more fun than 72 virgins.

3948715.gif

UK2Phoenix relationship

Reactions: 78Gooses
I don't know all the particulars, obviously. But, keep in mind the way it is defined is so open ended that it allows almost anyone who is a fan of any program to be classed as a booster. Apparently, Sandy Bell determined that you were a booster, right?
If you or me contact a player nowadays,, it could lead to a violation.. Sandy said a few years ago for all uk fans to stop contacting recruits as it's defined as a violation now under the new rules.. I have no idea about Brian nor do I really care.. I know he writes a lot of words,, lol..

Reactions: Cindog28
Seeking the Gold probably got killed by the mob. He lived to gamble, and posted about it quite a bit.

EnderWiggins is a name I haven't heard, or seen, in a long time.

Amazing how many used to post that we forget about until some other poster brings their name up.
Wasn't SeekingtheGold that dude who played on Ritchie Farmers HS team? Nice guy, but all I could imagine him being was a pill head

Reactions: Cindog28
Wasn't SeekingtheGold that dude who played on Ritchie Farmers HS team? Nice guy, but all I could imagine him being was a pill head
Yep, said he was a team mate of Farmer's. From the way he posted I can see why you'd imagine him a pill head, lol.

Good times.

Good times. [laughing]

I posted back in those Legion of Doom days. My avatar was a picture of Dr Doom with iron mask and green cloak. For the life of me I can't remember my board name. Pretty much retired from the boards when Tubby quit. Mission had been accomplished and to this day that was the best thing that ever happened to U.K. Basketball.

I posted back in those Legion of Doom days. My avatar was a picture of Dr Doom with iron mask and green cloak. For the life of me I can't remember my board name. Pretty much retired from the boards when Tubby quit. Mission had been accomplished and to this day that was the best thing that ever happened to U.K. Basketball.
Yeah, better than all those national titles. Hate is a powerful thing.

I remember a poster whose name was something like boygenius except he misspelled genius. I don't remember if his posts were good or bad but I always laughed at his user name.

I thought he was a U Cincinnati fan. No?

I've never been as in tune with the names of posters as are many of you. Though he fiercely defended Tubby, didn't many of us suspect that he was not really a UK fan -- for quite some time?

I was surprised when I read that he was a UC fan. (Of course, I could have dreamed this whole thing -- it IS 4/20. Just kidding.)

I got in a massive argument with him one time around the time LeBron burst on the national scene. I mean, if you followed recruiting closely, you knew about LeBron in between his freshman and sophomore years of high school. He was that remarkable (duh, right). But I compared LeBron early on to Magic.

SmokeyPearl went on a mega tangent about how stupid I was for making that comparison and even implied some racism. I swear to God that thread was 20 pages, with the back and forth. Hated that dude.

People mentioning Katman2000 sort of impresses on me just how long I've been reading these boards. Early on I remember there were email threads before I discovered the boards. Then I read an article by Bob Watkins in my local paper that mentioned Keith Bogans when we were recruiting and leading for him as a junior (1998). I think that was my first taste of Kentucky recruiting, and I think I was 12, haha.

But yeah Katman was insane. IIRC he had this super bizarre UL hate website that was borderline disturbing. Whatever happened to that Spoonman guy that posted every 5 minutes?

TCCat was my favorite whacko. If you challenged his BS he'd fly off the deep end and want to meet you to fight.

Remember when TCCat got really pissed off and started going off on everyone and then claimed that his brother got on his account?

Reactions: Mike-D
People mentioning Katman2000 sort of impresses on me just how long I've been reading these boards. Early on I remember there were email threads before I discovered the boards. Then I read an article by Bob Watkins in my local paper that mentioned Keith Bogans when we were recruiting and leading for him as a junior (1998). I think that was my first taste of Kentucky recruiting, and I think I was 12, haha.

But yeah Katman was insane. IIRC he had this super bizarre UL hate website that was borderline disturbing. Whatever happened to that Spoonman guy that posted every 5 minutes?
Katman had this whacko mood lighting on his videos..and then would have weird things like him mowing his lawn etc. just bizarre

One legitimate great poster that we never hear from anymore, unfortunately, was a guy named Swoosh.
He was very knowledgeable and cordial.
The last I ever heard from him was at the original KSR. I understand he left there because a couple of posters rubbed him the wrong way.
Hope he is well.

Reactions: treyforuk
Seeking the Gold probably got killed by the mob. He lived to gamble, and posted about it quite a bit.

EnderWiggins is a name I haven't heard, or seen, in a long time.

Amazing how many used to post that we forget about until some other poster brings their name up.

What year did seeking stop posting

Last edited:
This thread by @wildcatdonf has some mentioned here plus Brian Boone and his signature.

http://web.archive.org/web/20120330...SID=888&fid=1383&style=2&tid=172316139&Page=1

Sweet! So glad you posted this TheKentuckyKid! I hosted his hot Swedish gal on my Image Shack account for him for awhile (I don't even know if Image Shack exists any more.) She's much easier to find today than she was 8 years ago. If Boone doesn't come back maybe I should adopt her as my own?
410f31f35f5e10458d12d5e22ce396f9.jpg

Where's that clown kwilt43atbuzzer or whatever been lately? Has he gone to just one account now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT