ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana fans actually believe Donovan may be their next coach.

Well you know there iU fans for a reason , there not very smart lol !!

giphy.gif

I hear tell that Mike Davis at Texas Southern might be interested in the IU Job,at least he gets his team to the NCAA Tourney [winking]

Billy Donovan is Rick Pitino's illegitimate bastard Son and does everything Rick tells him to do,they tried to tag team and Hurt UK from UL and Florida but that didn't last long,they have played each other a few times,but Donovan wouldn't let his great Florida teams beat Pitino at UL out of loyalty,Donovan was Rick's point guard on his Providence Final Four Team and he does what Daddy tells him

Why would anyone want to coach at Indiana ? All you would hear about is coach knight wouldn't have done that way. indiana will never be relevant again until the fan base and boosters bobby knight out of their minds. Hell I wish they would hire knight back. That would make them all happy again.

I've not read all the posts in this thread but if BD goes to IU now after all he's accomplished his judgement is off. You have to wonder if Rick recommended he take the job......nah...:bomb:[eyeroll]

Billy Donovan is not leaving. He should have been in the finals last year, and is making the playoffs again this year. Not only that he has possibly the mvp, a triple double machine, on his roster. They also just made trades to strengthen the roster before the deadline. Also he's at a small market franchise which has a fan base similar to that of a elite college basketball town. They are the only show in town.

Why on earth would he give that up to be at a rebuild job for a school who has been to 1 elite 8 since 93. It's not happening.

Reactions: Bluest Member
I don't see Billy D leaving the NBA to coach at IU. I understand why IU fans want to believe it's possible. When you have had as many years of average to below average coaching as IU has had, if you're a fan of IU, you have to believe it's time to hire a great coach like Billy. None of us can deny IU is one of the better coaching jobs available. With the in state talent level IU has, if they can find a way to hire a good coach, it should help with keeping most of their better recruits home at IU. If you can keep the local recruits and bring them to IU, it shouldn't be too hard to field a NCAA tourney type of team every single year. A coach like Billy D would bring those type of recruits to IU. If Billy were actually wanting to get back to college basketball, I might actually think it's possible. I have no reason to believe Billy wants out of the NBA coaching family. If the man didn't want the NBA so badly, he wouldn't have left what he built at FL so quickly. Brad ain't happening. That dude is one of the youngest and better coaches in the NBA. He is actually turning the Celtics into something worth watching. Both guys enjoy the NBA lifestyle too much to go back to college basketball, imo.

Reactions: Richard Cory
I've heard this AD won't show his hand on twitter or anyplace else, so I expect he contacted Archie Miller's representation today. Should they lose tomorrow, he'll do the same with Greg Marshall's come Monday .

I've heard this AD won't show his hand on twitter or anyplace else, so I expect he contacted Archie Miller's representation today. Should they lose tomorrow, he'll do the same with Greg Marshall's come Monday .

Contact with the representation has already happened, now just lets them get a little further along.

All signs point to Billy D. Sounds like it could be finalized LMAO and monkeys WILL FLY out my ass become 5* recruits and attend IU! It will be Alford,Miller,Marshall. SORRY to disappoint you but Billy D will be next coach at UK when Cal retires. We are Kentucky your not its that simple! Keep clinging on to our shirt tails though its cute!! DREAM ON LOL DONAVON TO IU GTFOOH!! You better be praying for Alford or ONE OF THE ONES I have metioned cause after that your screwed! Your program still dwells in the 70's and 80's. You will never be UK or a pimple on UK"S ASS!

Billy Donovan is not leaving. He should have been in the finals last year, and is making the playoffs again this year. Not only that he has possibly the mvp, a triple double machine, on his roster. They also just made trades to strengthen the roster before the deadline. Also he's at a small market franchise which has a fan base similar to that of a elite college basketball town. They are the only show in town.

Why on earth would he give that up to be at a rebuild job for a school who has been to 1 elite 8 since 93. It's not happening.

Well, he has zero chance at winning anything in OKC. I mean, it isn't happening. Kevin Durant left with Billy D's hopes to compete for a championship.

Again, I'm not saying Donovan WOULD come to IU, just that (as another poster in this thread said) Donovan would have some pretty great resources to work with at IU, along with a talent filled home state to recruit from (which is something that mook Clappy couldn't capitalize on, because....well, he's Clappy).

I don't know if Donovan wants out of the pros, but if he wants a chance at winning big anytime soon, he should head on back to college ball.

OKC is done.

from what I've heard I wouldn't say Donovan is thrilled with his long term prospects in OK City.
Westbrook has to score a triple double for them to win a game. He might like the idea of going to IU and returning a program to its glory (and it not be a football school). Of course he might have thought he would be at UL until it became Stripper U.

Steve Alford says he'd be interested in Indiana job if it opens up.

Almost immediately Crean is fired.

IU fans, your new coach is Steve Alford. Billy D is not leaving a relevant NBA team for IU. If he did, you probably wouldn't want him because he'd clearly be a moron.

Alford's probably a step up from Crean. At least you guys won't have the embodiment of awkward as your coach anymore.

Steve Alford says he'd be interested in Indiana job if it opens up.

Almost immediately Crean is fired.

IU fans, your new coach is Steve Alford. Billy D is not leaving a relevant NBA team for IU. If he did, you probably wouldn't want him because he'd clearly be a moron.

Alford's probably a step up from Crean. At least you guys won't have the embodiment of awkward as your coach anymore.

Seems to me he'd wait for Duke or UNC to open up. (assuming they're not on probation)

If Billy were to return to college coaching, it wouldn't be in the middle of the NBA season. He would have to leave his current job at the end of this or some other season and then take a broadcasting gig until the right college gig came around. Only scumbags like Bobby Petrino quit their pro jobs in the middle of the season to take a college job.

After talking to a Hoosier fan this is apparently the job everyone is waiting for. He is convinced Stevens is coming and acts like Donovan will come in as assistant, Alford as second assistant and Cal will leave UK just to be the ball boy at IU.

Reactions: Bluest Member
No Indiana fan I've ever talked to thinks Stevens is coming. This coaching search is a one horse race and has been for about a month.

No Indiana fan I've ever talked to thinks Stevens is coming. This coaching search is a one horse race and has been for about a month.

Most I know dont either, but he is convinced, also believes they will pull in a highly regarded current head coach in as an assistant. Bizarre conversation and he wasnt trying to be funny or pull our leg.

Donavan has been itching to get in the NBA for years. Remember he wanted that NBA job at Orlando, but backed out for personal reasons with his family. He paid a 5 year suspension because of that. I just don't think he is leaving a job he has been trying to get for years, less than 2 years in.

What could Indiana offer that Donovan couldn't have had better at Florida? He left the Job he built from scratch into a powerhouse because he wanted to be in the NBA and he's not failing in the NBA so why in God's Green Earth would he come back?
I think IU better start looking at some of these up and comers at Mid -Majors ,I doubt Alford would even leave UCLA to Coach at IU,so Hoosiers need to quit acting like they don't want him,he doesn't want you and you'd be lucky to get him.Middle Tennessee has a good coach,that'd be a good place to start your list.

Reactions: RogerIndy
No one wants IU to get a good coach because they are a sleeping giant and we all know it no matter how much we don't want to admit it. What I'm hoping we get out of this is a distraction with Alford and UCLA so hopefully we don't have to play them next round assuming we get past WSU. Alford to me would be similar in quality to Crean.

He did not want to leave Florida, after an NIT season in 2009 no less, to come coach at Kentucky. Why on Earth would he leave a player averaging a triple-double for the first time in the modern era for Indiana. No logic to it at all!

Reactions: Chairman Meow
IU has as much chance of landing Billy Donovan as their coach as I have of getting hired by Kate Upton as her sex slave.

ADVERTISEMENT