ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming recruiting class

I look forward to seeing what EJ can do, but big men are always a crap shoot. Nick Richards was ranked where EJ is ranked and he didn't exactly dominate. I am not sure how their rankings get so out of whack compared to other positions. After seeing their first game I can tell you whether they're overrated or not. The taller the player, the more likely his rating is off, in myopinion.

Has anyone seen EJ play ? It looks like from the videos that he spends a lot of time on the perimeter. Does he have a post up game?

I am excited to see what EJ Montgomery will do in the Front Court next season at 6'11 220. EJ averaged 26 points and 14 rebounds and 5 assists a Wheeler High School GA. EJ also averaged double/double for Adidas circuit last summer in 2017. I know we all are hoping that Nick Richards improves over the summer to become a top center at Kentucky but if Richards doesn't improve then we will see EJ Montgomery inserted to play at Center next season. With EJ Montgomery numbers as a Senior at Wheeler High averaging 26 and 14 he could be huge at Center next season. EJ has great hands and a great touch around 10-15 ft shot. I am excited to see how well EJ comes in next year and plays in the front court. The Center position last year was the weakest since Coach Cal arrived in Lexington 9 years ago. EJ has great hands and a great touch shooting from inside and mid-range. I could see him being a double/double machine next year once he gets comfortable and gets experience playing next year. The biggest problem with Richards last year was his hands and losing the ball when it was passed inside to him. In the Kansas State game in the start of the game he had a couple of passes stripped from him when it was passed inside to him for an easy score. That hurt Richards last year so many times either losing the ball or being stripped from the ball before scoring an easy bucket. I can't wait to see EJ Montgomery's inside game next year for UK!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT