ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming recruiting class

I may be in the minority but , I really hope that Jemarl Baker surprises everybody and earns lots of PT. ( I know he NOT technically an 'incoming recruit' )

Reactions: FlCATFan
All 4 will be interesting to watch. But I doubt this class is full yet. A 2019 point guard will reclassify, and will likely become our starting point guard. That guy will be the answer to the question posed by the OP.
Yes to this.

Aside from Herro, I think all these guys plus the two reclass candidates are of a similar talent level.

Gotta be keldon Johnson for me. The guy has brought big energy every time I saw him play and never disappointed. I think he can be a big hustler and defender like a MKG.

EJ Montgomery may start a little slow, but his ceiling is unbelievably high; just a notch below a Marvin Bagley. It still seems like a lot of people don’t realize how good he is. It’s possible that he could explode into the final stretch of the season as one of the best big men in the country. I can’t wait to watch Cal and KP develop his effort and defensive presence.

EJ Montgomery may start a little slow, but his ceiling is unbelievably high; just a notch below a Marvin Bagley. It still seems like a lot of people don’t realize how good he is. It’s possible that he could explode into the final stretch of the season as one of the best big men in the country. I can’t wait to watch Cal and KP develop his effort and defensive presence.
The trouble with big men is that they usually struggle their first year. Even Davis and Boogie both struggled bigtime until they got their sea legs down the stretch. That being said, I think EJ could be really special.

The trouble with big men is that they usually struggle their first year. Even Davis and Boogie both struggled bigtime until they got their sea legs down the stretch. That being said, I think EJ could be really special.

Totally. Karl Towns underwhelmed early too. But EJ has all the tools. He is in that Anthony Davis/Marcus Camby mold of a guard with a full package of guard skills who suddenly grew nine inches. And he has been a top-ranked prospect since early childhood, so his instincts and familiarity with competition are very good. He won’t have those Nick Richards deer-in-the-headlights games.

I like shooters and underdogs so I vote for Herro. But right there with him is Baker and I would have voted for him if he was listed as a selection. Herro is the least ranked player coming in and he may have something to prove.

I think from reading this board the past few months, Herro will win that poll.
BUT "most excited to see play" and "most important to next year's team" are 2 different things. Depending on who returns, or we add, I think Johnson or Montgomery will be more important, simply due to our guard depth.

Keldon Johnson, unless Ashton Hagans is on the team. Than i will choose him. Kid might be the best defending PG of the Cal era. And will be our best pure pg since wall

Keldon Johnson, unless Ashton Hagans is on the team. Than i will choose him. Kid might be the best defending PG of the Cal era. And will be our best pure pg since wall
ohh dont see Hagans being better than Knight, Ulis or SGA. I know you said pure PG but they were all PGs none the less.

Me too and I fear he will treated like Mathews and Hump, relegated to the bench.
I am scared of that too. I just hope if that happens we don't get the "bad defense excuse" because there were 2 or 3 guys that played a lot this year that were bad at defense.

I am scared of that too. I just hope if that happens we don't get the "bad defense excuse" because there were 2 or 3 guys that played a lot this year that were bad at defense.
If he don't play I can guarantee you it is because Cal thinks other players are better.

Reactions: DerekMcPwn
Caitlyn Cooper, 5'11" outside hitter. she can really take over a volleyball match.
She will have to adjust because UK is set at outside with Edmund and Skinner... or wait her turn. What will UK have in the middle is my question - Lost two huge Senior middles who both played great in senior year. Lost a great libero too...

Sorry - back to basketball - I just have two collegiate vball players as daughters.

She will have to adjust because UK is set at outside with Edmund and Skinner... or wait her turn. What will UK have in the middle is my question - Lost two huge Senior middles who both played great in senior year. Lost a great libero too...

Sorry - back to basketball - I just have two collegiate vball players as daughters.
Well. this Spring I watched them play and I believe that Anna Nyberg can fill in. Shes no Kaz Brown but serviceable. as also Avery Skinner(no relation to head coach). then we have kendyl Paris a sophomore and incoming freshman Gabbrielle Gabbard from Massachessets. who reclassified from 2019 to 2018 wonder where that idea originated ? brooke Morgan can slide into her old role some.
As far as librero we have MCkenkie Watson, a true blue hearted player like Dusek !!
We'll be fine. Our next natonal champions might be sporting pony tails !!

Last edited:
Reactions: CatfanMike47
KJ plays with heart so I have to go with him. He seems like a guy who cares and doesn't take plays off. Herro would be second for me, just ready to have a real 3 point threat again.

Yes because Jamal Murray and Malik Monk was so many years ago. And Ulis was a terrible 3 point shooter. We have not had a decent 3pt shooter in years, probably since Delk. Booker, he was terrible.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
It is nice having enough incoming players that we can have this debate

Players say play me and I’ll show you. coaches say show me and I’ll play you. He practices good enough you can’t legitimatly keep him off the floor. Jmo from my personal experience

I go with Herro since he is the least touted but his game intrigues me. Plus, we've heard some good remarks about him from other recruits. Just hope he can play enough defense for Cal to give him some minutes.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
ADVERTISEMENT