ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming freshman receivers this fall...

I'm interested in this as well. We've had a couple of veteran WR's who have transferred out. There has to be a reason.

Here's already here but I'm hearing a lot of good things about Magwood
He's going to be a stud I think. Christian Lewis probably had the most hype. The staff had good things to say about Ross as well. They kept their recruitment of him quiet, they didn't want him to blow up and have more teams jump in late.

I would say Lewis. Magwood and Ross might be the most ready but we have some depth at the slot positions. The 3 receivers we are hearing most about in practice all rotate at the slot receiver. We don't yet know who our edge receivers are although it's likely that Ali will spend some time there. None the less there is an opening on the edge if Lewis can make a rapid adjustment.

I know Lewis supposedly had a highlight catch in practice.

Film wise I liked Ross the best

I know Lewis supposedly had a highlight catch in practice.

Film wise I liked Ross the best
Christian Lewis isn't here yet. And to answer the question, it has to be Magwood at this point. By enrolling early, he has a huge jump on other guys in learning this offense.

Just going by what I think will be the main guys at WR I gotta believe Christian Lewis gets a loooonnnngggg look at outside receiver. Receiver is a position young guys can impact at early on if they have the right traits. I loved what I saw from Epps body wise last year and he looked fluid against Bama but if he’s the number 1 outside guy then we need more help there imo. Crowdus isn’t playing early IMO. He’s not gonna beat out Wandale, Ali, and Clevan to get in the rotation. Magwood is another guy I believe can play early because he’s got the physical strength and short area burst to get separation as long as he can play outside some. Wandale and Ali are not leaving the field much this year.

I think the breakdown of the depth chart looks like:
X - Ali for sure....I wonder if Crumes/Magwood could crack some time here.
Z - Epps...I bet Christian Lewis and Morgan (transfer from Mich St) gets a big shot here
Slot - Wandale/Clevan Thomas

I also think UK does a ton of double TE sets to keep Rigg/Upshaw/Bates on the field which removes a WR from the field of play.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
He's there but they said he was behind a little bit. Missed some time for something.... injury maybe?

OK, I missed that.

I'm excited about his future as he was a big time recruit, but I also wonder if and how he will fit in. It's still early for him, though. He'll get a chance.

Just going by what I think will be the main guys at WR I gotta believe Christian Lewis gets a loooonnnngggg look at outside receiver. Receiver is a position young guys can impact at early on if they have the right traits. I loved what I saw from Epps body wise last year and he looked fluid against Bama but if he’s the number 1 outside guy then we need more help there imo. Crowdus isn’t playing early IMO. He’s not gonna beat out Wandale, Ali, and Clevan to get in the rotation. Magwood is another guy I believe can play early because he’s got the physical strength and short area burst to get separation as long as he can play outside some. Wandale and Ali are not leaving the field much this year.

Going to be hard to get a loooooong look when you can't even be seen. you have to be here to get a look. I am very excited about this kids potential, but he is missing some really important time, especially as a freshman.

Going to be hard to get a loooooong look when you can't even be seen. you have to be here to get a look. I am very excited about this kids potential, but he is missing some really important time, especially as a freshman.
Obviously I was referring to the summer. He will have time to get a look. If he’s head and shoulders more talented than the guys on the two deep he will play.

Didn't Clevan Thomas transfer?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT