ADVERTISEMENT

In some ways

willievic

Senior
Aug 29, 2005
Louisville, KY.
In my 70+ years of watching UK, and feel like I'm dying with every loss, this year has been the toughest. When BCG was here, and the last couple of years of Tubby, were heartbreaking, but this rivals those years, plus the year Robert Morris beat us. Posters on here, can say what they want, but Cal's refusal to set Askew early in the season, was a problem. The fans could tell that Askew was not the answer for a point guard at UK. Cal's refusal to really give Allen a chance, and yank him as soon as he missed a shot, but would allow Boston to remain in the game, regardless of how he was playing. Don't give me the BS about how Allen couldn't guard, that's total BS.

We had the players, and they are talented. The big difference is coaching. Cal did a good job the first 6 years at UK, because he had the very BEST talent every year. Mickey Mouse could have coached those players. As coaches started to understand the only thing Cal's team was going to do, they started to make us beat them from the outside. If he had played Allen, Mintz, and Sarr, he had good outside shooters, which would have made teams guard us honest, instead of packing it in. That's not Cal's game. The first half was a good example of poor coaching. We were chasing the Miss. State players around, and leaving the area under the basket open. The Miss. State players had NO hands under the basket. They missed 5 or 6 shots right under the basket, and fumbled 4 or 5 out of bounds. Cal did make adjustments to that in the second half. My question is, why didn't he make adjustments to that after about 10 minutes in the first half? Why wait until the second half?

It will be interesting to see who will stay, and who will leave. I put who I thought would stay and leave on a previous post, so I will not bore you with it again. To hell with it, it's only a game, but sometimes it's hard to lose. I sure in hell don't like it. Aw $hit, I think I will have another beer, and live with the saying I USE to have after football season, WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT