ADVERTISEMENT

In honor of my brother...

My oldest brother passed this morning. He was a true Wildcat fan. We lived almost 1,000 miles apart but talked after every game discussing the good and bad. I will truly miss our post game talks. Even though I look forward to basketball season, I am not looking forward to the silence after the games...

So sorry for your loss. We are a dysfunctional family here on catpaw, but I enjoy everyone. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family

Reactions: hotelblue
Sorry for your loss, man. I lost my Sister two years ago. I know exactly how you feel. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Reactions: morgousky
My oldest brother passed this morning. He was a true Wildcat fan. We live almost 1,000 miles apart but talked after every game discussing the good and bad. I just wanted to honor him here. His post game calls will be missed.
Thats a big loss. I'm very sorry. Prayers for you and your family.

Sorry for the loss. Sounds like you have many great memories with a brother that obviously loved you.

My oldest brother passed this morning. He was a true Wildcat fan. We live almost 1,000 miles apart but talked after every game discussing the good and bad. I just wanted to honor him here. His post game calls will be missed.

Sorry to hear that buddy. Hang in there. I wish you and your family the best. Hopefully he can catch the games with my Uncle Dave up in heaven.

I don't know why my condolences were taken down. But I truly feel for you and your family and you have my thoughts and prayers

Sorry for your lost and prayers to your family

Very sorry for your loss. UK sports builds bonds that are as strong or stronger than anything I've ever come across in life. I used to talk to my grandfather before or after every game we didn't watch together. I still miss seeing and speaking with him about the cats 10 years later. I'll tell you this though, I see you've been a member since 2005 but just started posting, this place can be a trash heap but it can also be very cathartic.

We would go play pickup games and even though I was much younger he always made sure he picked me on his team. His friends complained but he told them if I didn't play then he wouldn't either.
He sounds like the kind of brother anyone would love to have.

Reactions: Joe Buck
Sorry for your loss. I too lost a brother a few years back. I would go over to his house and we would watch anything that had to do with UK BB. We even got together for the Oct. beginning tip off..

GBB

Lost my older brother 13 years ago, he was only 58, I still miss him, I know how you feel, God Bless.

My thoughts and prayers for you and your family, I hope you remember him with fond and happy stories... I pray that His presence will be felt among all of your family.

AlohaCat

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe Buck
Awesome post, thanks for sharing. Sorry for your loss.

If there are youngsters in your family, make sure they become Cat fans, and talk UK hoops frequently. Your brother would be proud that you're carrying on traditions that you and him started.

Reactions: Joe Buck and kev69
Sorry for your loss!! This will be a tough time when the games start back up. Remember the good times!!

Reactions: kev69
Sorry to hear of your loss. I pray he and Bret Bearup will walk together through the pearly gates together with their UK hats on.

Reactions: kev69
Sorry for your loss! Praying for God's comfort for your family!

ADVERTISEMENT