ADVERTISEMENT

Impermissible Benefits

Sep 27, 2016
They keep arguing that the hookers weren't an impermissible benefit because they didn't meet a certain dollar threshold. Come on man. If they had a staff member giving out drugs to 16 year old recruits but they didn't spend too much would that not be impermissible either?

That's just Louisville fans trying to make it sound like it was no big deal and they are getting the shaft when it comes to the punishment. Sorry bird brains, buying prostitutes for players and potential recruits is not a big deal, it's a BIG deal and your punishment should've been even more harsh.

The stranger argument I keep seeing, even from people like the Afternoon Underdogs, is that Louisville did not really get a recruiting advantage and therefore games shouldn't be vacated. First, how much the cheating helped is not the standard, and that would be a stupid (and largely arbitrary) way to approach NCAA cases. Second, this case is also (and perhaps largely) about ineligibility based on amateurism violations, which has nothing to do with an advantage.

If the $10,000 for 22 "parties" = around $500 per party, and there were on average 5 recruits at each party, that works out to around $100 per recruit.

Now imagine the outcry if UK hosted a recruit event where they each received $100 handshakes. You're talking near death penalty, folks. So the monetary amount doesn't really matter; it's a violation either way, and you can bet that if that had happened at UK, UL fans would be calling for the hammer.

Regarding RP's 5 game suspension for failure to monitor, he should be glad he didn't get a 5 year show cause.

I see where some of their fans are arguing that there isn't any proof about who had sex with the prostitutes. Didn't some of the players and recruits admit it when the NCAA
questioned them?

That's just Louisville fans trying to make it sound like it was no big deal and they are getting the shaft when it comes to the punishment. Sorry bird brains, buying prostitutes for players and potential recruits is not a big deal, it's a BIG deal and your punishment should've been even more harsh.
And many of those recruits were under age. Some as young as 16. I would be mad as hell if I sent my 16 year old son to the Louisville campus on a recruiting trip and because of peer pressure his first piece is a hooker provided by the school. What a great way to lose your virginity. And what if it was your 16 year old daughter? Would you look at it as no big deal.

If the $10,000 for 22 "parties" = around $500 per party, and there were on average 5 recruits at each party, that works out to around $100 per recruit.

Now imagine the outcry if UK hosted a recruit event where they each received $100 handshakes. You're talking near death penalty, folks. So the monetary amount doesn't really matter; it's a violation either way, and you can bet that if that had happened at UK, UL fans would be calling for the hammer.

Regarding RP's 5 game suspension for failure to monitor, he should be glad he didn't get a 5 year show cause.
it costs more the 500 dollars for a gaggle of strippers for a private event...and Katina said she was not involved in the side deals; so who knows how much was paid there. Plus booze, plus weed and "who" paid for the hotel room and ancillary stuff there?

they are just pathetic

I just think they crossed a line and it doesn't have a dang thing to do with money

If I was a Louisville fan I would seriously be severely turned off to the point I couldn't support them anymore with the way they've conducted themselves during all of this. How can anyone with half way decent morals be in support of a program that not only hires strippers and sex for student athletes and prospective athletes but also acts as if they are being wrongly judged during the sanctions. I've never seem a worse display from a Athletic department.

If I was a Louisville fan I would seriously be severely turned off to the point I couldn't support them anymore with the way they've conducted themselves during all of this. How can anyone with half way decent morals be in support of a program that not only hires strippers and sex for student athletes and prospective athletes but also acts as if they are being wrongly judged during the sanctions. I've never seem a worse display from a Athletic department.
I agree. When I see adults walking around with UL gear on I just have to shake my head. Especially if they have small kids with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT