ADVERTISEMENT

Impact of Satterfield on UK Football:

Some of the responses

Some of the responses to my post are ridiculous. The ones saying I'm full of shit are fine, mainly because I don't really care about what any of you think about me personally or whether you believe anything I post. But why do something as stupid as call a kid a pathological liar? You don't know him. I can say with confidence that you molest collies, and I'm probably right. But I don't know you, so it would be irresponsible and ignorant for someone to state as fact something they don't know.

Just consider that many times a coach may give a player assurances to get his commitment and then change his tune after the player has committed. It happens all the time. And if a player commits under the understanding of a certain set of circumstances and the coach changes that circumstance; the player is able to change his mind. It's not lying. And I credit the coach for at least informing the recruit of the change so he's not committed under false circumstances.

Quit villifying the kid. This is big time college football recruiting. Act like a big time football fan.
I haven't made any derogatory posts about you or what you post, but I will say this post is an example of you not providing one scintilla of concrete evidence to support your opinion. Your unsupported story is all you have posted and then you act as if everybody is wrong for asking more of you than what can be fabricated in a drug rehab setting. Just an opinion!

Last edited:
Facts, huh? I’ll give you a minute while you look up what conference FIU was in in 2010 and 2011. After you find out, go back and re-read my post. I’ll gladly concede if you fact check your fact check.
I didn’t say anything about what conference FIU was, I was just pointing out where you said Satterfield had only coached at Toledo and App State.

Reactions: fcats
He is walking into a VERY difficult situation. 2-10 with several 50 and 60 point losses is a tough sell in recruits' homes. He'd better find some magic quickly. A year from now, he'll likely be trying to close his first recruiting cycle on the heels of a season very similar to this season. My opinion of Satterfield is that he is foolhardy.

Money will do that to a man. I can only think of one thing more powerful.

I think Louisville will get a few more wins next year compared to this year. It pretty obvious that either the team gave up on the coaches very early or the coaches gave up on the team or a combo of both. I won’t predict 7 wins but I do except more than 2 and that the scores will be a lot closer in the losses except for maybe the Notre Dame and Clemson games.

Thankfully our coaches fully understand that an instate rivalry game is NEVER a given win. I think we just lost a "LOCK" rivalry game against a non-bowl team, right? Thinking like that is what gets you beat. We'll see how it goes for them

I'm not a coach and neither are you. Fans are allowed to play the percentages, and the percentages and rosters say that UK is a lock to win next year. If they lose, then it would be a disaster of epic proportions. That doesn't mean that we don't prepare as if it's Alabama. Get over yourself.

I think Louisville will get a few more wins next year compared to this year. It pretty obvious that either the team gave up on the coaches very early or the coaches gave up on the team or a combo of both. I won’t predict 7 wins but I do except more than 2 and that the scores will be a lot closer in the losses except for maybe the Notre Dame and Clemson games.

I could see 3 or 4, but I don't know how one could expect much more than that. Here is the schedule:

Notre Dame: Auto Loss
EKU: Win
@WKU: Toss-up. Maybe even leaning WKU.
@UK: Loss
@FSU: Loss
BC: Lean Loss
Clemson: Loss
Cuse: Loss
UVA: Lean Loss
@MIA: Loss
@NCST: Loss
@Wake: Lean Loss

The only sure win on the schedule is EKU. I'd be surprised if Vegas sets the OVER / UNDER at more than 4 games (and it might even be 3 or 3.5). The schedule is harder next year.

I'm not a coach and neither are you. Fans are allowed to play the percentages, and the percentages and rosters say that UK is a lock to win next year. If they lose, then it would be a disaster of epic proportions. That doesn't mean that we don't prepare as if it's Alabama. Get over yourself.

LOL.....there are no percentages on that game. Don't even know who will be on the roster, how freshman and redshirts play in real time, and with 12 games to go between then and now - NOBODY knows how that game will pan out. There definitely aren't any "locks" in our P5 schedule next season. Drop the hyperbolic statements and you'll do fine. I'm rootin' for ya!

I haven't made any derogatory posts about you or what you post, but I will say this post is an example of you not providing one scintilla of concrete evidence to support your opinion. Your unsupported story is all you have posted and then you act as if everybody is wrong for asking more of you than what can be fabricated in a drug rehab setting. Just an opinion!

That's fair. And what about the people that post dumbass shit like the kid is a pathological liar? What evidence do they have? They don't know what was said between the parties involved. So let me reiterate. I DO NOT CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF ME. I'm just offering an opposing view to consider. Some will have the mental capacity to do it. Some won't.

That's fair. And what about the people that post dumbass shit like the kid is a pathological liar? What evidence do they have? They don't know what was said between the parties involved. So let me reiterate. I DO NOT CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF ME. I'm just offering an opposing view to consider. Some will have the mental capacity to do it. Some won't.
Unfortunately, you declined to offer us much of anything. You hinted that you had information that was relevant, but you declined to specify what it was- the "opposing view" was based on information that you did not provide. Absent specifics, it's difficult to persuade other posters to reconsider their initial perspective.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
If you have info lay it the table.

First, you prove to me the kids is a pathological liar. You can't. You don't know shit. I have personal knowledge of conversations. Whether you want to believe me or not, I do not care. But don't pretend that is okay for you to speak of things as fact, when really, you wouldn't know what time it is without a watch.

This was a very difficult situation. The irony is, nobody lied to anybody. Wandale was given certain assurances. He committed. The assurances changed and the coaches did the right thing and told Wandale. He changed his mind. As a UK fan, I hate it. I think he has the potential to be a great playmaker. But he had every right to flip if things that were important to him changed after he committed.

Unfortunately, you declined to offer us much of anything. You hinted that you had information that was relevant, but you declined to specify what it was- the "opposing view" was based on information that you did not provide. Absent specifics, it's difficult to persuade other posters to reconsider their initial perspective.

What do you expect? Taped conversations between Wandale and Stoops? Give me a break. I grew up in Frankfort. I've said what I'm comfortable saying without breaking confidence and only because I think it's ridiculous that people that genuinely have NO IDEA how the process went are calling an innocent kid things like a pathological liar. It's just insane!!!

What do you expect? Taped conversations between Wandale and Stoops? Give me a break. I grew up in Frankfort. I've said what I'm comfortable saying without breaking confidence and only because I think it's ridiculous that people that genuinely have NO IDEA how the process went are calling an innocent kid things like a pathological liar. It's just insane!!!
It's possible that you were given disinformation, though. Even if your source has impeccable honor, it's possible that the source himself was given disinformation or that the information was third or fourth hand. I am also skeptical about inside information on a message board. Be that as it may, Robinson made his choice, and it was his choice, not the choice of anyone on this board to make for him, and I am not going to rip him for it. Still, it is a bad look to reconfirm commitment on the same day that the flip was leaked.

Mental capacity? Please quit trying to climb up on that pedestal. Some people have used his own words as evidence but then you obviously do not think a person's word is of value in any case. You used your great Mental capacity to fabricate stories you can't even support with anything other than your own imagination.

I have this funny feeling he has a different approach than yours would be. He surely "believes" in his abilities, the ul facilities, and the possibilities. He probably noted that they won before, and he thinks they can win again. Coaching can and does make a huge difference in the product on the field.
How in the sam hell could they not get better?

In the past you are totally correct. Jurich and Sons ran the AD like it was a mob storefront business, with their president Ramsey as THE boss.....Then you had a proven liar and character-less HC football coach with his family, lol, literally, running the show.

In 2019 that is all gone. New president. New AD. New Coach....and from all appearances, these are upstanding citizens. Big change for ul. We'll see how it works out for them. Given this coaches first step with HS coaches, I think the Louisville area just got a lot tougher to recruit.
We did well this year with all our Louisville players, all 1 of them. That player was Will Crum. No he hasn't played yet, so we will be fine with or without Jefferson County. I prefer we go ahead and take them though

Reactions: bluecoon1
I love Marrow. But UK didn't do themselves any favors within the state with the way they handled or mishandled the Robinson situation. I'll leave it at that. But Wandale has taken too much of a beating without any regard to what went down. Stoops need to learn from that.

Not sure what could have been done, the season was almost over before any Louisville recruit was even considering us. Marrow got minds changed but one changed back I don’t see anything wrong but that Marrow should have had the Louisville area earlier.

Reactions: JC CATS
Don't forget "and UK" Think we punt next year?

First, you prove to me the kids is a pathological liar. You can't. You don't know shit. I have personal knowledge of conversations. Whether you want to believe me or not, I do not care. But don't pretend that is okay for you to speak of things as fact, when really, you wouldn't know what time it is without a watch.

This was a very difficult situation. The irony is, nobody lied to anybody. Wandale was given certain assurances. He committed. The assurances changed and the coaches did the right thing and told Wandale. He changed his mind. As a UK fan, I hate it. I think he has the potential to be a great playmaker. But he had every right to flip if things that were important to him changed after he committed.
You have a weird definition of the word "liar."

Some schools are good places to move up the coaching ladder because there are natural advantages to the school and the conference in which they play. Louisville was a good example of that when they were in the C-USA. John L. was a much better coach coaching UofL in the C-USA than he was coaching Michigan State in the Big 10. Same with Petrino in comparing C-USA/Big East to ACC, which was even weaker than normal this year. Cincinnati, Houston, South Florida, etc. are schools where it's not that difficult to look like a good coach.

Appalachian State appears to be a one of those schools. They haven't had an unsuccessful coach there since before Mack Brown. Sparky Woods was good there but no so good at South Carolina. Satterfield may be great for UofL but will have to wait and see.

LOL.....there are no percentages on that game. Don't even know who will be on the roster, how freshman and redshirts play in real time, and with 12 games to go between then and now - NOBODY knows how that game will pan out. There definitely aren't any "locks" in our P5 schedule next season. Drop the hyperbolic statements and you'll do fine. I'm rootin' for ya!

Care to place a wager on it? Put your money where your mouth is!

Messiah DeWeaver is who I am talking about. Everything I am reading has him more of a UofL lean every day. See the link below

http://gridironrr.com/teams/default.asp?u=GRIDIRONRR&s=football&p=custom&pagename=JUCO+QB+Rankings

Dec 5th...

Right now, I have offers from Toledo, Akron, Central Michigan, Old Dominion, Louisiana, Bowling Green and Southern Mississippi.

Other sites have him ranked as the 81st best juco player. Another one doesn't have him ranked at all.

??? I think you missed that 3 BY A MILE, lol. MILLS FOR THREE..... CLANG!

He didn't contact an agent to put his name out until recently, lol.
NC State hasn't been looking for a coach since when, lol.
Wake Forest since when, lol.
UNC, since a month ago, lol.
Your swiss cheese of an argument is duly noted, and discarded.
Welcome to the IGNORE list.

Might as well add me to your ignore list. If you’re not a UL fan you’re sure pumping a lot of sunshine their way. Don’t buy it.

And UK

84 Alumni of the Special Olympics?

QUOTE="84Alumni, post: 7425956, member: 111808"]??? I think you missed that 3 BY A MILE, lol. MILLS FOR THREE..... CLANG!

He didn't contact an agent to put his name out until recently, lol.
NC State hasn't been looking for a coach since when, lol.
Wake Forest since when, lol.
UNC, since a month ago, lol.
Your swiss cheese of an argument is duly noted, and discarded.
Welcome to the IGNORE list.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT