ADVERTISEMENT

Impact of Satterfield on UK Football:

Aside from maybe 10 or so players, the University six roster is like a mid tier FCS team. Satterfield would improve them simply by bringing in the same level of talent that he brought in at App St, but first he has a lot of trash on that roster to take out. He'll likely be fired towards the end of his contract, but at least he will have made a lot more money than he would have in Boone in that same amount of time.

There is way more talent there then we give them credit for. Whatever happened with Petrino only God knows, but he certainly lost that team very early. They need a solid QB and it looks like they may get the top JUCO QB. If so, i can certainly see 7 wins.

Top Juco QB?? Louisville media hype!!
The Top QB they are speaking of is ranked the 82 best player in Juco. His best offer listed is I guess is Todelo or CMU.

Reactions: Sidelinecat2
Aside from maybe 10 or so players, the University six roster is like a mid tier FCS team. Satterfield would improve them simply by bringing in the same level of talent that he brought in at App St, but first he has a lot of trash on that roster to take out. He'll likely be fired towards the end of his contract, but at least he will have made a lot more money than he would have in Boone in that same amount of time.
I said this when he was hired, I look at him more of a guy that's been brought in to stop the bleeding, the next guy is who they hope will get them to the next level. I think Brohm was the guy that they were hoping would do both.

Reactions: JDHoss
I think we are fine in the city of Louisville. They may be heading for another 2 win season...and it may be 2021 before they even are able to field a competitive team.

On the other hand...the talent we have is setup to win games the next 3-4 years and make bowl games. We also have guys winning awards and getting drafted.

Satterfield is not from this area...he had recruiting classes ranked #9 or so in the CUSA. I'll take Marrow any day. We've also built a strong roster without "owning" the city of Louisville...but if we start winning and they take time to rebuild...our brand in that city will be better.

You must not live in Louisville, like I do. There are many that love UL, no matter how corrupt it was. They filled up that stadium when they were winning, at least against their ACC opponents. Kind of like UK, we fill it up sometimes. I think the two are comparable there. Winners fill stadiums. Losers empty them.

He will without a doubt make it more difficult to pull guys from Louisville. Fact of the matter is most of these kids like one school over the other.....and if that team is down, they may go elsewhere versus the other state school. Stoops teams are not KY talend driven, so the impact won't be huge, but once and a while a "need" guy will be right here in Louisville, and it will likely be a battle. His first statements were aimed at local HS coaches. He wants them on his side. That is a smart move, that can impact recruiting.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Do not see UL new coach having any affect on UK recruiting he has a long way to go and probably never will catch the big dog Marrow recruiting in fact he is one of the best in the country, instead after this yr I see our recruiting to even getting better..

No way in hell a UK grad or fan would get this upset defending ul..... .sorry but I don't care what you say, you are obviously a ul fan and lying to us.

No way someone who sincerely likes UK gets bent defending ul. Just not reality dude.

LOL! It called Independent Thinking. I know that is a foreign term to the Big Blue Masses, but the subject is, what it, IS. Period.

They hired a coach from a small school that has shown he knows what he is doing. Smart move. Yet, as a UK fan, I'm supposed to say??? Oh, I know, don't discuss the topic, and hurl insults like a middle schooler. Right. WRONG.

Just because you don't know what you are talking about, doesn't mean I have to buy in. But what I can do, is put you on my Ignore List - similar to a perpetual detention hall. That way, just as in real life, I can nip this in the bud and not waste any seconds of my time on your poorly developed thoughts (misnomer, there are no thougths : )

Don't let the door hit you in the.......

You must not live in Louisville, like I do. There are many that love UL, no matter how corrupt it was. They filled up that stadium when they were winning, at least against their ACC opponents. Kind of like UK, we fill it up sometimes. I think the two are comparable there. Winners fill stadiums. Losers empty them.

He will without a doubt make it more difficult to pull guys from Louisville. Fact of the matter is most of these kids like one school over the other.....and if that team is down, they may go elsewhere versus the other state school. Stoops teams are not KY talend driven, so the impact won't be huge, but once and a while a "need" guy will be right here in Louisville, and it will likely be a battle. His first statements were aimed at local HS coaches. He wants them on his side. That is a smart move, that can impact recruiting.
I was wondering why they were recruiting a juco QB, just saw that Johnson decomitted. Didn't know that, big loss for them.

UL has one thing going for them, the ACC sucks. They improve at all and they will be competitive immediately with Wake, Syracuse, BC, NC st, Virginia etc.

I think you are right. They will likely win some of those games. They will also lose quite a few. Measure will be do they improve over the course of the season, like Nebraska did, or Florida. Good coaches bring their teams along and you see the improvement.

Newsflash: Number of posts has ZERO correlation to football knowledge. Hell, you don't even get coupons for posting numbers, so do you have a point....and by the way, 84Alumni is for UK alumni. One that lives in reality, not the land of Blue Koolaid.
UK has their best year in 40 years and you choose to write a long post about how great the new UL coach is. Everyone knows exactly what you are and why you wrote it.

Do not see UL new coach having any affect on UK recruiting he has a long way to go and probably never will catch the big dog Marrow recruiting in fact he is one of the best in the country, instead after this yr I see our recruiting to even getting better..
He's publicly invited all HS coaches to come by UL practices...........I think he just had a major impact, that UK cannot, just by the virtue of distance. Don't be blindsided. He's going to make recruiting Louisville a whole lot tougher.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Write this down: They will be better THIS coming season. They were in total turmoil this season. His approach and past performance indicates he'll get them playing for each other = major improvement in effort = improved play.
Well, if they only give up 40/game I guess you'll crow about being right. What a low bar! LOL.

I said this when he was hired, I look at him more of a guy that's been brought in to stop the bleeding, the next guy is who they hope will get them to the next level. I think Brohm was the guy that they were hoping would do both.

Exactly. App St is just across the mountain from us, and we've been to quite a few games there. I like Satterfield and wish he hadn't taken the job because I believe it will be a career killer for him. Bobby Neckbrace was a horrible program manager, and Turtleneck's incompetence/dirty dealings has set University Six back for years. They aren't suddenly coming back to the middle of the ACC pack anytime soon.

Reactions: BigTyrone
Watched and read about him recently, and he is impressive. Good guy on top of that. Players coach, unlike the recent sociopath they had at the helm. They've cleaned house there pretty well at this point.

In my opinion Coach Stoops work most likely just got harder. Satterfield is smart and personable. He's already invited the local high school football coaches to practices - opening things up. That will develop goodwill in the community. It is my guess that recruiting in Louisville just got a whole lot tougher, as well as in the state. He also mentioned Ohio, so I'm sure Stoops will be seeing much more of them on the recruiting trail. I also can see him focusing on the Carolinas a bunch, whereas we don't even look at North Carolina....but maybe we should?

As a coach, he's proven himself he has an excellent grasp on both sides of the ball. He's an O guy, but his App State defenses have been impressive and put them in position to win games against power 5 schools, even though he did not have power 5 talent. That is the sign of a solid coach.

My guess is they will grow into a formidable foe in the near future. With a few classes under his belt, I think he'll make some noise, if not earlier. Kats won't have that cupcake for much longer, maybe one more dominant game....maybe not?

Not a UL fan, but glad to see them get a good person as their coach. It's been such a cess pool over there, it is better for everyone involved, including UK, if they have a good reputation. They are an urban school, so UK's appeal is different, and our SEC affiliation is dominant to the ACC in football, so we should continue to progress forward, but it's my guess recruiting in the Commonwealth just got a tad tougher.
Satterfield is a good hire. Not a great hire. I bet they will be paying him more than he is worth. As I have said before, Vince Tyra showed his inexperience as an AD on this process, and it's going to cost them for a long time.

Reactions: Blue Decade
He's publicly invited all HS coaches to come by UL practices...........I think he just had a major impact, that UK cannot, just by the virtue of distance. Don't be blindsided. He's going to make recruiting Louisville a whole lot tougher.

Someone needs to clean out their underwear.

Doing more than do-nothing-Bobby will make it “tougher.” Anyone could do that. And?

Watched and read about him recently, and he is impressive. Good guy on top of that. Players coach, unlike the recent sociopath they had at the helm. They've cleaned house there pretty well at this point.

In my opinion Coach Stoops work most likely just got harder. Satterfield is smart and personable. He's already invited the local high school football coaches to practices - opening things up. That will develop goodwill in the community. It is my guess that recruiting in Louisville just got a whole lot tougher, as well as in the state. He also mentioned Ohio, so I'm sure Stoops will be seeing much more of them on the recruiting trail. I also can see him focusing on the Carolinas a bunch, whereas we don't even look at North Carolina....but maybe we should?

As a coach, he's proven himself he has an excellent grasp on both sides of the ball. He's an O guy, but his App State defenses have been impressive and put them in position to win games against power 5 schools, even though he did not have power 5 talent. That is the sign of a solid coach.

My guess is they will grow into a formidable foe in the near future. With a few classes under his belt, I think he'll make some noise, if not earlier. Kats won't have that cupcake for much longer, maybe one more dominant game....maybe not?

Not a UL fan, but glad to see them get a good person as their coach. It's been such a cess pool over there, it is better for everyone involved, including UK, if they have a good reputation. They are an urban school, so UK's appeal is different, and our SEC affiliation is dominant to the ACC in football, so we should continue to progress forward, but it's my guess recruiting in the Commonwealth just got a tad tougher.

How's the air up there? A little short on oxygen?

Reactions: stuway
Louisville fell off so bad this yerar he may not have any impact on UK for a couple years. but reading therough this thread he is going all out to put Louisville at the front on every HS coach in the state's mind especially Louisville. Now he could sign every P5 kid in Louiisville and still not have a good SEC class, but he would likely be top half of the ACC.

Just like the new GT coach, he has to overcome what a real turd the head coach before him was and that isn't happening overnight. Personally I hope the new Tech coach does pretty well, not too well, but well enough to hurt all the other teams that recruit Georgia. Keep 1 kid from going to all of our SEC rivals is a win. I don't think he will have near the effect on our recruiting as he will Carolina AU, UF, FSU, UT and maybe even Bama.

I like Sattersfield. He did a smart thing with the Louisville HS coaches. Apparently BP wouldn't expend 20 minutes to drive and look at a recruit. He locks up Louisville,and that impinges on us minimally. We rarely recruit there anyway.

As far as 84Aluminum, you might want to gargle that U6 s&(*& outta your mouth before you kiss your...wife?

Reactions: BigTyrone
I like Sattersfield. He did a smart thing with the Louisville HS coaches. Apparently BP wouldn't expend 20 minutes to drive and look at a recruit. He locks up Louisville,and that impinges on us minimally. We rarely recruit there anyway.

As far as 84Aluminum, you might want to gargle that U6 s&(*& outta your mouth before you kiss your...wife?

As far as the local kids goes, I give BP his due he took flak for that in that he didn't think he could win with Kentucky kids period. He thought FLA kids were the answer and if any talented Louisville kids wanted to come that was ok too. And he was successful with that early in his career at ul with that and the transfers.

They could be a better team next year and still finish 2-10.

You're absolutely right. Some other ACC teams had down year seasons too and will probably improve next year. FSU, Miami, and UNC won't stay down long and will win more then 14 games between them next year.

Reactions: gojvc
LOL! It called Independent Thinking. I know that is a foreign term to the Big Blue Masses, but the subject is, what it, IS. Period.

They hired a coach from a small school that has shown he knows what he is doing. Smart move. Yet, as a UK fan, I'm supposed to say??? Oh, I know, don't discuss the topic, and hurl insults like a middle schooler. Right. WRONG.

Just because you don't know what you are talking about, doesn't mean I have to buy in. But what I can do, is put you on my Ignore List - similar to a perpetual detention hall. That way, just as in real life, I can nip this in the bud and not waste any seconds of my time on your poorly developed thoughts (misnomer, there are no thougths : )

I suppose it's possible you are a UK grad, doubt it but possible. But you're definitely not a fan. Way too emotional over those downplaying your Satterfield is the next Saban thesis. Vamoose muchacho

This post, indeed this entire thread, reeks of the stench of a UofL troll.

OP you're so sensitive to anyone who questioned your ul slobbering, they get put on ignore?? You are far from the intellectual you claim to be if that's the case.

You're so emotional about ul that you're obviously not a UK fan. Blue goggles off, just plain and simple observation that is beyond obvious

You're a sad and pathetic person if u think you're gonna come here and have us all agree that SS is Saban Jr, GTFOH with this weak sauce. .. And grow some thicker skin. Never seen anyone put everyone on ignore who has a different opinion, childish much fake smart guy??

Reactions: Mr_Blutarsky
You're absolutely right. Some other ACC teams had down year seasons too and will probably improve next year. FSU, Miami, and UNC won't stay down long and will win more then 14 games between them next year.

I have kinda kept up with Miami because of Right. Right now they ate very unhappy with him, basically demanding staff changes. Ricky is very loyal, he won't make changes unleaded forced to make them. Taggart hasn't been what FSU was expecting, ACC is a joke other than Clemson. I guess he could bounce back because the entire conference sucks, other than CU. But it will take a while

I have kinda kept up with Miami because of Right. Right now they ate very unhappy with him, basically demanding staff changes. Ricky is very loyal, he won't make changes unleaded forced to make them. Taggart hasn't been what FSU was expecting, ACC is a joke other than Clemson. I guess he could bounce back because the entire conference sucks, other than CU. But it will take a while
FSU hiring Taggart really made me scratch my head. His records at USF and Oregon weren't exactly the best.

Reactions: JDHoss
i find it comical how some are touting him as the Bear Bryant
i bet the odds are less than 50/50 that he will be at ul in 5 years
if he has success then he will move on
if he does not have success then he will be fired

You could be correct. Will be interesting to see how it plays out this upcoming season. He'll be short-handed, so coaching ability is really going to show.

I don't see us dominating them next year like we did this season. They really were quitting on the scum bag at the end. My guess is they won't be quitting in 2019, based on what he achieved at App State. They have some talent here and there. Just a matter how the new recruits come in and play, filling in the holes. They'll make plenty of mistakes, but then again, by game 12, they won't be frosh anymore.
With the great Scott Satterfield at the helm, U6 will never lose another football game, he will own the recruits not only in Louisville but in the entire commonwealth, we won't have to worry long though, Alabama will come knockng saying, you have to get Nick saban out of here so you can be our coach. Or, he might be an average to decent coach

Reactions: Mr_Blutarsky
Maybe 3 9. They literally lost by a 30 point margin lol. Your not making that gap up with can do attitude lol
You didn't know. According to their fan base they had 10-2 talent coached down. Finally the Great Scott Satterfield will lead them to that place, you know "the only variable is time"

I suppose it's possible you are a UK grad, doubt it but possible. But you're definitely not a fan. Way too emotional over those downplaying your Satterfield is the next Saban thesis. Vamoose muchacho

Man, I gotta be honest here mash24....I don't give a damn what you think. Now, slip on out the back to the Ignore Board, and don't come back.

Give the guy some credit Mash, this was his 15th post. No way is he a U6 fan [roll]When you look in the dictionary under football greatness you see a pic of Scott Satterfield.

Reactions: rudd1 and Mash 2.4
They have very little talent right now, they only have 7 current recruits, and of the 7, 1 has good offers, the rest are pretty mediocre. I can't imagine it's going to be an easy sell for recruiting after this year either. I predict UL is doomed for years and years. In the past they could recover quicker because of their schedule. While their schedule isn't exactly hard, they at least play teams with a pulse now.

Reactions: JC CATS
As far as the local kids goes, I give BP his due he took flak for that in that he didn't think he could win with Kentucky kids period. He thought FLA kids were the answer and if any talented Louisville kids wanted to come that was ok too. And he was successful with that early in his career at ul with that and the transfers.
He was successful early, because they played a CUSA/BigEast schedule that was solid cupcakes. Hell, if it wasn't for a WRONG fumble call in the Wake Forest Orange Bowl, they lose that game. When he had to face competition, as in a Arkansas, and in the ACC, he proved to be very mortal....Thankfully, he's done now. I expect him to be runnin' a ponzi scheme somewhere soon.

What determines "One of the Best in the Country"? Top 30 Recruiting Class? Top 20?.........What do you call top 10 recruiters? Cujos?

Fact of the matter is he has done the best job we've seen at UK since Fran Curci's Days of Still, Ramsey, Kovach, Collins, etc........but, we still have much, much work to do to get to the top half of the SEC. Key for us it to continue to identify undervalued players and develop them over time. They are doing that, and it will surely continue.............and yes, UL coach is going to have a big impact on Louisville recruits. As a matter of fact, he talks like he is going to make it a top priority. Imagine that.

Last edited:
He was successful early, because they played a CUSA/BigEast schedule that was solid cupcakes. Hell, if it wasn't for a WRONG fumble call in the Wake Forest Orange Bowl, they lose that game. When he had to face competition, as in a Arkansas, and in the ACC, he proved to be very mortal....Thankfully, he's done now. I expect him to be runnin' a ponzi scheme somewhere soon.

Why are you thankful he's done if you're not a UL fan? Wouldn't you have hoped he stayed at UL long term if he was such a fraud and you such a huge UK fan? GTFOH

Thanks to all for a lively debate, or not, lol. It did allow me to cull the ranks, after all, wasting time is not a successful trait
Satterfield is a good hire. Not a great hire. I bet they will be paying him more than he is worth. As I have said before, Vince Tyra showed his inexperience as an AD on this process, and it's going to cost them for a long time.

Can I borrow that Crystal Ball this weekend? LOL. I'm just amazed how folks can formulate such finite opinions....or not. After all, it is the internet, and everyone knows everything about anything ; )

Truth be told, you, nor anyone else on planet earth knows exactly what kind of hire he is with certainty. However, based on his past performance at App State, most people would "guess" that he is a good hire. They may be right, or may be wrong?

Conversely, many here on this board think Neal Brown is the greatest thing since sliced bread ; ) I find that funny, since the vast majority of his wins have come against losing teams, dating back to his days at Texas Tech. I think they call it fools gold. Personally, I am rooting for him to get a job in the SEC East, but these damn AD's are just too smart for that.

You didn't know. According to their fan base they had 10-2 talent coached down. Finally the Great Scott Satterfield will lead them to that place, you know "the only variable is time"
They better put there dudes on steroids. We where a mediocre offense and we looked fast as hell against them.

Hey I hate the guy as much as anyone but at Arkansas he went 5-7, 8-5, 10-3, and 11-2, whether he did it with somebody else's players or not, back to back 10 win and 11 win seasons is pretty good.

Thanks to all for a lively debate, or not, lol. It did allow me to cull the ranks, after all, wasting time is not a successful trait

Can I borrow that Crystal Ball this weekend? LOL. I'm just amazed how folks can formulate such finite opinions....or not. After all, it is the internet, and everyone knows everything about anything ; )

Truth be told, you, nor anyone else on planet earth knows exactly what kind of hire he is with certainty. However, based on his past performance at App State, most people would "guess" that he is a good hire. They may be right, or may be wrong?

Conversely, many here on this board think Neal Brown is the greatest thing since sliced bread ; ) I find that funny, since the vast majority of his wins have come against losing teams, dating back to his days at Texas Tech. I think they call it fools gold. Personally, I am rooting for him to get a job in the SEC East, but these damn AD's are just too smart for that.

Now you are mocking Neal Brown- not cool. I responded to your first post in good faith, and I do respect your new coach, but it's obvious that you are a U6 troll. So here's the news, guy.

56-10.

ADVERTISEMENT