ADVERTISEMENT

IMO all 3 return

I’m not sure about this, but we can kiss any thoughts of a title away if all three leave. Not to mention that it would further enhance thoughts that we Cal can’t keep average players for more than a year.

Cal would feel the heat for sure. (REAL HEAT GUYS)

First time since coaching the Nets.

I’m not sure about this, but we can kiss any thoughts of a title away if all three leave. Not to mention that it would further enhance thoughts that we Cal can’t keep average players for more than a year.

whose thoughts?

Reactions: Mr_GG
Just a wild guess obviously, but I do not think Vanderbilt returns. My reasoning is this; if he was going to return, why not announce that instead of just announcing that he is not going to the combine this close to the decision date? I feel that omission means he is looking for somewhere else to go. I hope I am wrong though.
I agree. PJ and Wenyen retir
I am past the point of caring. Whomever suits next year I will watch them
Why are you past the point of caring? We all knew some players would test the waters and they have until 5/30 to decide. Nothing really out of the ordinary going on here. Not sure why it is such an annoyance to some people. Good chance they all are back IMO

Reactions: Wildcats1st
whose thoughts?
People with brains. You wouldn’t understand. Go masturbate about the NBA and leave this COLLEGE BASKETBALL MESSAGE BOARD for uh...us college basketball fans.

Thanks, have a good day, bye bye!
giphy.gif

People with brains. You wouldn’t understand. Go masturbate about the NBA and leave this COLLEGE BASKETBALL MESSAGE BOARD for uh...us college basketball fans.

Thanks, have a good day, bye bye!
giphy.gif

its pretty hilarious fans like you think you have real input/power. you do really live in your own little world. which is why you are so pissed off. its different from the real one we and the players live in.

I’m totally with you.

BTW, I think you’re one of the better, most logical posters on here. One of the few true UK fans that still post on here.

I like the fact that you don’t ever apologize for rooting for the program and not for the NBA.
Exactly, half this board try and make you feel selfish because you want guys back. As if they get a cut in the millions these guys will be making.

If they all 3 came back I think we could make a FF run. Not to sound crazy but I could see no more then 5 losses and a #1 seed.

Exactly, half this board try and make you feel selfish because you want guys back. As if they get a cut in the millions these guys will be making.

they are making millions now? i think it was just a pathetic 35k? (kentucky average household income 46k).

everyone wants these guys back. most just understand that its better to go to collect millions (your words) than to come back.

It’s either NIT or 40-0 talk lol

No it's not. Most people last year said we would have 7-9 losses and we were close.`I thought just like most we would be a 3 seed we were close on our wild guess with the young team

Two years ago Fox's team we said 4 losses we were close. I thought 3

I'm saying one or two have to come back in order for this team to win deep in NCAAT.``` All 3 come back maybe we can win 9. MAYBE.

None back and we can talk NIT or 10/11 seed

I’m not sure about this, but we can kiss any thoughts of a title away if all three leave. Not to mention that it would further enhance thoughts that Cal can’t keep average players for more than a year.
Really. You have to recruit average players before you can keep them more than a year.

they are making millions now? i think it was just a pathetic 35k? (kentucky average household income 46k).

everyone wants these guys back. most just understand that its better to go to collect millions (your words) than to come back.
That is not what you should be rooting for though. Are you not a fan of KENTUCKY? Is your fandom not your first priority?

Why are you past the point of caring? We all knew some players would test the waters and they have until 5/30 to decide. Nothing really out of the ordinary going on here. Not sure why it is such an annoyance to some people. Good chance they all are back IMO

Because if they wait til last minute..in most rational minds that means they came back because they were not wanted by NBA...and that doesnt set well with a lot of UK fans

Reactions: jstnbulldog
Two things that really stands out is that Coach Cal has to know if all 3 or 2 players are leaving and if so he would have been recruiting a couple of bigs to come in with Richards and Freshman EJ Montgomery. Coach Cal was frustrated with our bigs last year and right now we don't know what we will get with Richards. If Cal thought for one minute we would lose PJ, JV, and WG at the beginning when they announced entering the draft without hiring an agent he would have been recruiting a couple of forwards and centers to go with Richards & EJ. We also lost SKJ and Wynyard that could have backed up Richards next year. I believe Cal knows we will at least have 2 out of the 3 returning next year and I believe that will be PJ and JV. We all know that WG Family has financial issues that WG would like to help with so I believe he goes overseas or plays on the G league with the NBA.

If 2 or all 3 were leaving then Coach Cal would already been bringing in a Grad Transfer like Reid Travis that averaged 20 and 9 last year at Stanford and has 3 years playing experience. He would be a perfect fit for Kentucky next year at 6'9 and 250 and would probably start ahead of Richards at center. I also believe that right now that PJ and JV was not even in most TOP 60 picks for the 1st and 2nd rounds of the 2018 NBA Mock Draft boards. Both Dad's have said that if PJ and JV are not guaranteed 1st round selections then they would return to Kentucky. RIght now it looks about 98% sure that both PJ and JV will not get that 1st round guaranteed for the 2018 NBA DRAFT. I believe at least with PJ's dad coaching at one of the best schools in Vegas and has the knowledge to know that if PJ stays at UK and has an outstanding season he could be for sure a 1st round pick and maybe a lottery pick for the 2019 NBA Draft. I really don't see this being a hard decision for either PJ and JV returning to UK for there Sophomore Seasons.

Two things that really stands out is that Coach Cal has to know if all 3 or 2 players are leaving and if so he would have been recruiting a couple of bigs to come in with Richards and Freshman EJ Montgomery. Coach Cal was frustrated with our bigs last year and right now we don't know what we will get with Richards. If Cal thought for one minute we would lose PJ, JV, and WG at the beginning when they announced entering the draft without hiring an agent he would have been recruiting a couple of forwards and centers to go with Richards & EJ. We also lost SKJ and Wynyard that could have backed up Richards next year. I believe Cal knows we will at least have 2 out of the 3 returning next year and I believe that will be PJ and JV. We all know that WG Family has financial issues that WG would like to help with so I believe he goes overseas or plays on the G league with the NBA.

If 2 or all 3 were leaving then Coach Cal would already been bringing in a Grad Transfer like Reid Travis that averaged 20 and 9 last year at Stanford and has 3 years playing experience. He would be a perfect fit for Kentucky next year at 6'9 and 250 and would probably start ahead of Richards at center. I also believe that right now that PJ and JV was not even in most TOP 60 picks for the 1st and 2nd rounds of the 2018 NBA Mock Draft boards. Both Dad's have said that if PJ and JV are not guaranteed 1st round selections then they would return to Kentucky. RIght now it looks about 98% sure that both PJ and JV will not get that 1st round guaranteed for the 2018 NBA DRAFT. I believe at least with PJ's dad coaching at one of the best schools in Vegas and has the knowledge to know that if PJ stays at UK and has an outstanding season he could be for sure a 1st round pick and maybe a lottery pick for the 2019 NBA Draft. I really don't see this being a hard decision for either PJ and JV returning to UK for there Sophomore Seasons.
The way TJ Walker talks, Cal already has his eyes on Reid Travis; which would wipe out your theory pretty much.

You are the same guy who bashed everyone who said we would get EJ.You guaranteed he would be in the ACC so you have no right to make fun of anyone.
Yes I was wrong on that, don't get on her day after day making stupid predictions,the caneintally guy is a fake kentucky fan, he makes stupid post to make us look bad ,just a troll.

All the latest mock drafts I've seen have PJ going in the 50s and neither JV nor Gabriel being drafted. I don't see the advantage of staying in the draft when money isn't guaranteed and you will probably have to learn a COUPLE more languages to make decent money over the next few years of a basketball career.

Reactions: KFuqua and kev69
All the latest mock drafts I've seen have PJ going in the 50s and neither JV nor Gabriel being drafted. I don't see the advantage of staying in the draft when money isn't guaranteed and you will probably have to learn a COUPLE more languages to make decent money over the next few years of a basketball career.
You’re making way too much sense.

Reactions: crpoore and KFuqua
That is not what you should be rooting for though. Are you not a fan of KENTUCKY? Is your fandom not your first priority?
He’s not a fan of UK. I’m not sure who or what he is. He gets on here and wants every player to leave and then tries to trash our fans. He/She/Transgender, talks incessantly about the NBA and how our fans suck.

He’s not the only one like that, but he may be the worst of all.

You are wrong again. Half this board realizes its not their decision and bitching and crying about on the internet isn't going to make a difference because again its NOT our decision.

The other half just have to bitch and cry because well that's what they do

Because it is the same thing every year. It is old and doesn’t make sense. You got a guy inured, needs surgery and declared for the draft, then says he won’t work out. Well WTF. Why did you declare? Seriously I don’t give a shit who goes or stays. Not worth my time thinking about it.

I am what I am. I am a UK first and foremost. I like Cal, but I am never a coach fan, they come and go, UK is the constant in my life.

I really like most things about Cal, but the one big negative is his not convincing these guys they need more time. I honestly don’t think he wants them here more than one year. It interferes with the way he wants to recruit, if guys come back.

Let the bashing begin, I am ready.

No reason to "bash" you... don't act like a martyr lol ;)
Just because one thinks* or perceives something doesn't make it true.

You are obviously relatively intelligent and I do believe you are a UK fan at heart...you say you really like most things Cal but it seems as if its a constant dark cloud for you? Perhaps I am perceiving wrong.
For example, insinuating that Cal wants PJ, WG and JV to all leave? That isn't exactly fair to assume (especially considering he was somewhat trying to get Knox back)

Basically my point is, you think* Cal doesn't want this or does want this etc etc and based off your thoughts* of what Cal is thinking you make very bold statements and opinions which could be (and probably are) wrong

Because it is the same thing every year. It is old and doesn’t make sense. You got a guy inured, needs surgery and declared for the draft, then says he won’t work out. Well WTF. Why did you declare? Seriously I don’t give a shit who goes or stays. Not worth my time thinking about it.

I do agree with this. Its somewhat comical at this point...

Bro great post, if they go pro great,if they come back great, nether of the 3 are elite players ,just solid role players,cal can replace all 3. I don't care anymore,our program is bigger then them 3 chumps.

Yes I was wrong on that, don't get on her day after day making stupid predictions,the caneintally guy is a fake kentucky fan, he makes stupid post to make us look bad ,just a troll.

It is comical that you would call Cane a troll.

Your POS troll posts makes many of us believe that you are a fan of UL, IU, UNC and Duke at the same time.

Simply a terrible poster who now looks dumber for calling out a quality fan, albeit not the best at predictions, like Cane.

Last edited:
As an NBA GM, I would take JV over PJ based on upside. But I would take neither in the 1st round. My main concern about JV is being injury prone.

Reactions: brianpoe

Because as an 18, 19, or 20 year old, declaring for the NBA draft after your freshman year is cool. I'm not saying that to be dismissive but to say that these kids have huge egos. They've been called the greatest thing to come along since Jordan their entire lives. They declare because it's what they've always wanted to do, then they get knocked back down to earth because professionals are telling them things they may have never heard.

Now, I am all for these guys declaring. They get professional advice and even a couple real interviews with a future employer. I'm not sure why else any "normal" person would go to college if not to work in their chosen field.

Because as an 18, 19, or 20 year old, declaring for the NBA draft after your freshman year is cool. I'm not saying that to be dismissive but to say that these kids have huge egos. They've been called the greatest thing to come along since Jordan their entire lives. They declare because it's what they've always wanted to do, then they get knocked back down to earth because professionals are telling them things they may have never heard.

Now, I am all for these guys declaring. They get professional advice and even a couple real interviews with a future employer. I'm not sure why else any "normal" person would go to college if not to work in their chosen field.

What do you mean, how do you know that all these guys "have been told they're the greatest thing to come along since Jordan" Are you insinuating all these guys think they're as good as Michael Jordon? (Honest question...not being combative)

Reactions: KyFaninNC
No reason to "bash" you... don't act like a martyr lol ;)
Just because one thinks* or perceives something doesn't make it true.

You are obviously relatively intelligent and I do believe you are a UK fan at heart...you say you really like most things Cal but it seems as if its a constant dark cloud for you? Perhaps I am perceiving wrong.
For example, insinuating that Cal wants PJ, WG and JV to all leave? That isn't exactly fair to assume (especially considering he was somewhat trying to get Knox back)

Basically my point is, you think* Cal doesn't want this or does want this etc etc and based off your thoughts* of what Cal is thinking you make very bold statements and opinions which could be (and probably are) wrong
With all due respect, I go by what I see happening. You can believe it is my perception, but it is what I believe. The rational thing I can come up is Cal wants them all to leave so he can recruit more potential draft picks. I seriously think Cal has lost focus on who pays his salary. I can think of no other reason why each year we have guys declaring who have obvious weakness. Do they not believe Cal when he tells them they are not ready, or does Cal not tell them they should come back. I tend to think it is the latter. Just my opinion of course.

Anybody listen to KSR this morning? They were teasing that Matt "thinks he knows what all of them are going to do" but then I wasn't able to listen.

edit: Popped my headphones back in for the last segment and they're now talking about it.

PJ: Leaning go, wants to go, will go if someone says they'll draft him in the first half of second round.

Vanderbilt: Looking for a reason to go but might be coming back because he pretty much have to.

Wenyen: No news.

Last edited:
Mj said something on his show before going to a break that sounded like he had some kind of update, but I don't know if he ever came back to it. I listened on and off from that point on. But what he said right before the break was "I think I know where they are going to go", referring to PJ and JV. Anybody hear if he followed up on that, and if so what he said?

I just don't understand PJ.He's so desperate to go he will be happy with 2nd round.

ADVERTISEMENT