ADVERTISEMENT

Immanuel Quickley

he doesn't really compare favorably to any of them i'd say he's closest to Teague and Shai but I can see the Knight thing a bit. He's certainly not elite right now.

Hollingsworth who is a freshman at WKU wanted to go to Ky but never got a offer and got one from WKU dropped in 30 pts last night..

Think a mix of Briscoe, Diallo, Skal, Archie, and Harrow all mixed into one except he doesn’t step on baselines, he has handles and court vision, and can shoot pretty well.

Reactions: gojvc and EliteBlue
Is Quickly a one and done type player? I have only seen high lights of him. I read where Cal and Payne are going after Tyrese Maxey, who may have received a '19 offer. He is a 5* point guard, #2 in '19's class.

We all seem to elevate our recruits to superstar levels and hope that it is true. I remember reading how Quade was the best point guard we have ever landed in terms of running the team, distributing the ball, and setting up others. We all know that we thought Diallo to be a superstar. Vanderbilt was said by many to truly be the best of all, etc. Remember those pre-season videos with Rex, and each player looked like they could shoot lights out?

So, I hope all our recruits next season exceed expectations but history suggests otherwise for most as Freshman. We really need most of this team to return.

I like the Brandon Knight comparison. I've only seen highlights but that's who he reminds me of. The intel on him suggests that he's a really solid shooter. Probably the best in terms of point guards we have had since Knight.

Reactions: gojvc
Quickley, Quade, Herro, and Baker all on one team = best shooting team we've had under Cal yet? Only time will tell. Definitely the best since the trio of Lamb, Miller, and Wiltjer.

Reactions: gojvc
I liked every post that said he was a great shooter. That’s what I wanted to hear.

Think Diallo with less athleticism.
Do what? You've not seen a lick of film on Quickley if you come away with that take. He's not really an elite athlete but he's solid. But he's a lesser scorer than Knight but he's going to knock down open shots...end of story. I'd comp him more to Doron Lamb-ish kind of kid to be honest.

Diallo is probably the worst analogy of UK guards you can make to Quickley.

Quickly is a more willing and better passer than Knight. Knight always looked for his shot first but Quickly is more apt to think pass first but will not hesitate to launch if and when the opportunity presents itself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT