ADVERTISEMENT

"I'm Not Anxious to Leave"

KYtotheCore

Senior
Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
and will probably stay much longer than I ever thought I would stay in coaching.” - Cal

https://247sports.com/college/kentu...how-much-longer-will-Calipari-coach-123041069

f4ndP.gif

Last edited:
I would love it if he stayed until he was 80! lol.

However I know that will not happen, he will move on a some point. My only wish (pipe dream really) is that he allows his assistant coaches to be as active as they were in the Bahama's. I think it would be awesome if he allowed them to coach a few games a year to give them experience and to take the wear and tear off of him. It could allow KP and others to get the needed experience to take over one day. And it could allow Cal to not age quite as fast. It won't happen, I understand, but I can see the benefits.

I would love it if he stayed until he was 80! lol.

However I know that will not happen, he will move on a some point. My only wish (pipe dream really) is that he allows his assistant coaches to be as active as they were in the Bahama's. I think it would be awesome if he allowed them to coach a few games a year to give them experience and to take the wear and tear off of him. It could allow KP and others to get the needed experience to take over one day. And it could allow Cal to not age quite as fast. It won't happen, I understand, but I can see the benefits.

If his assistants want to take over one day, they need to go elsewhere and prove themselves. You don’t get your first big coaching job at UK. Not unless we fall apart like UT football for 10 years straight.

I've said since day one. Cal was lying when he said he wouldn't coach past 60 and the reason K has turned toward some NBA guys and is in hurry up mode is because he knows this. Cal is going to own college basketball for 15 years. If he wins another double of titles in that time, coupled with the NBA players, K's impact will be clouded badly during retirement. Hes well aware of what's going on.

Cal will remain coaching to help these young men reach their goals. I get that. But make no mistake and I don’t care what he says, he wants to pound K into mulch. After last year’s drama with certain players on the team and hog head Capel’s dirty recruiting for Duke, gasoline has been thrown on his competitive fire.

My gut tells me a Saban esque run is coming up for Cal and the Cats. 7 more years counting this year and 4 championships before Cal finally hangs it up. Heard it here first.
Sad thing is that it should've already happened. I've never witnessed a program get flat out ****ed like we have since 2010. It's truly mind boggling.

Sad thing is that it should've already happened. I've never witnessed a program get flat out ****ed like we have since 2010. It's truly mind boggling.
Not sure how long you've been around, but my dad ells me UK has been getting ****ed like this his whole life. Especially during the "Saint Johnny Wooden" (his words) years. He has counted off numerous games with calls as bad if not worse than anything we have seen from Higgins during the 60's and 70's and up into the 80's. He insists that 4-5 teams could/should have won titles during those years.

Not sure how long you've been around, but my dad ells me UK has been getting ****ed like this his whole life. Especially during the "Saint Johnny Wooden" (his words) years. He has counted off numerous games with calls as bad if not worse than anything we have seen from Higgins during the 60's and 70's and up into the 80's. He insists that 4-5 teams could/should have won titles during those years.
Well, I wasn't born until 1981. I have heard several stories in regards to back then. Don't get me wrong, I've witnessed a screw job here and there before Cal arrived, but nothing in comparison to what we have seen the past nine years. The shit has gotten out of hand IMO.

The thing is, why does the rest of the country hate us so bad for being good at basketball?

ADVERTISEMENT