ADVERTISEMENT

I'm done

I came into this season half interested. I’ve been pretty apathetic about Cal and basketball since the Covid season. Maybe the season prior. I don’t even care enough to get the timeline right.

I check the box score and come here to listen and discuss future coaching candidates along with the despair that is our program.

And it’s not just the losing. It’s the boring style of play, lack of fundamentals, complete lack of any examples of coaching (different defensive schemes, half court schemes, OOB plays, etc), etc. The next coach needs to be relatively young (40ish) or from Kentucky, along with having the credentials, to inspire any sort of enthusiasm from the fans Cal has turned off. A young coach will be hungry to prove themselves and a Kentucky native will understand what this program means to the commonwealth.

I will never be done done. But for the first time ever I am pretty ashamed of my program. Effing sad. At least with BCG, you knew it wouldn’t continue. At least with Tubby his teams played solid ball.

This? This is necropsy at its finest.

Trouble protecting the rim but refuse to play any zone to mix it up or play the shot blocker much. Is it impossible to play a 2/3 zone with OT and Ugo protecting the inside? Trouble shooting the ball. Should we not pressure and trap more to get a few turnovers for some easy baskets? Maybe it is a little of heart, a little of ability, a little of confidence and coaching. Just too much to overcome.
Same thing my Dad texted me the other night. Said Cal needs to use a different philosophy on offense and defense. Need to really apply ball pressure and play full court defense. I agree.

I'm a sunshine pumper and I'm out of juice. Not happy about it. Not thinking it's funny. Just depressed. It shouldn't get to this.

69. lol.

Reactions: jauk11
Makes me feel better. I’m gonna try to do this calmly so as not to get banned so quickly. Lots of fans got drawn into Cal’s shitshow. You’re one I see. I’m not intelligent for calling out Cal’s shitshow in 15. Fair enough. Maybe just coincidence. My intellect suffers, no doubt. But how,in Gods green earth, can you call me unintelligent, and support the last seven years of UK basketball? My dog is smarter.

If you have an issue with 2017 and 2019 you have an issue with 2005 and 2003 and 1999 and 1995 and 1994 and 1992 and so on.

That's my point. Thus myth that UK hasn't had a national title level team since 2015 is dumb.

I'm ready for calipari to go yesterday but you are clearly not a serious UK fan if you didn't like those teams and their overall seasons.

If you have an issue with 2017 and 2019 you have an issue with 2005 and 2003 and 1999 and 1995 and 1994 and 1992 and so on.

That's my point. Thus myth that UK hasn't had a national title level team since 2015 is dumb.

I'm ready for calipari to go yesterday but you are clearly not a serious UK fan if you didn't like those teams and their overall seasons.
I’m clearly not a fan. Whoop de doo.

• Love
Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Trouble protecting the rim but refuse to play any zone to mix it up or play the shot blocker much. Is it impossible to play a 2/3 zone with OT and Ugo protecting the inside? Trouble shooting the ball. Should we not pressure and trap more to get a few turnovers for some easy baskets? Maybe it is a little of heart, a little of ability, a little of confidence and coaching. Just too much to overcome.
This^^^^^^
A simple 2-3 zone would have shut down 70% of Bama’s offense today.

Bama absolutely couldn't buy a 3 point basket in the first half, but they scored on a simple pick and roll that no way Oscar could defend, yet Cal being Cal, refused to change defense and put all the blame on Oscar for being unable to defend the rim against a 7 footer than can jump.

Any middle school coach would have adjusted.....not Cal.

What amazes me is no one in the media will even dare ask him a legitimate coaching question.

And Cal's lackey Jimmy Dykes just regurgitate what Cal tells him to say about the team's problems. And it is never coaching.

Last edited:
Welp, that's it for me. After almost 50 years of watching UK basketball - including the Eddie Sutton and BCG years - I'm officially done. I'm 62 years old and my remaining minutes are too few and precious to spend on this garbage. If Cal stays, I'll tune in to see how next year's class looks, but that's it for this year.

I hope everyone stays warm this winter and has a nice spring and summer. See you in the football forum this fall!
You will be back in a few days

No real UK fan would forget 2017 or 2019. Those were good teams.
I will not quit on this team. I will be there win or loss, just as I have since the 60’s. As bad as we have looked and as sad as that makes me, the fans quitting on our team is worse.
How about 2012? And if that was all due to overwhelming talent couldn't it happen again? Soon?

But probably not, if all the negativity continues. Maybe my puppy can get hired to coach BB by our AD, and I need the money.

Wonder if it would still be OK to pull for the players, or are our fans afraid that might keep Cal here until his next great class gets here? What a tragedy that would be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT