ADVERTISEMENT

I'm done

Jireh

Sophomore
Jan 3, 2003
Louisville
www.facebook.com
Welp, that's it for me. After almost 50 years of watching UK basketball - including the Eddie Sutton and BCG years - I'm officially done. I'm 62 years old and my remaining minutes are too few and precious to spend on this garbage. If Cal stays, I'll tune in to see how next year's class looks, but that's it for this year.

I hope everyone stays warm this winter and has a nice spring and summer. See you in the football forum this fall!

Academy Awards Film GIF by CBS

Welp, that's it for me. After almost 50 years of watching UK basketball - including the Eddie Sutton and BCG years - I'm officially done. I'm 62 years old and my remaining minutes are too few and precious to spend on this garbage. If Cal stays, I'll tune in to see how next year's class looks, but that's it for this year.

I hope everyone stays warm this winter and has a nice spring and summer. See you in the football forum this fall!

Me to

Me too!! I Been a fan since Cotton Nash days, and I cannot stand it any longer!!

Said basically the same on here a couple days ago. Logged out. But, as 62 years old Cat fans will do, kept checking back in. It’s in my dna. Keep thinking about late 80’s, 84, 2007, 97, 92, 74, 15. I got nothing past 15. No burning memory whatsoever. Did I die? Don’t think so. What happened? Calipari happened, that’s what. Any nut hangers left? Anyone? Show this f…er the real DOOR.

I said this in the game thread

the only pleasure I get from Kentucky basketball is the shared misery of posting with fellow cat fans in the game thread during the game. No way could I watch a game with family and/or friends. I tried that with the Missouri game and I might as well have been watching Honey Boo Boo give dating tips. I couldn't sit there and deal with it.

If I'm not posting in the game thread then chances are I'm not watching the game.

I said this in the game thread

the only pleasure I get from Kentucky basketball is the shared misery of posting with fellow cat fans in the game thread during the game. No way could I watch a game with family and/or friends. I tried that with the Missouri game and I might as well have been watching Honey Boo Boo give dating tips. I couldn't sit there and deal with it.

If I'm not posting in the game thread then chances are I'm not watching the game.
I tried posting game threads a couple times. By the time I made my post it’s three pages behind. I just wait and read after the game nowadays. It’s my news paper.

I tried posting game threads a couple times. By the time I made my post it’s three pages behind. I just wait and read after the game nowadays. It’s my news paper.
heh, yea I used to wait like 45 minutes to start watching the game so I could fast forward thru the commercials, alot of times I'd forget that I wasn't on the same time as people posting in the thread and I'd be complaining about us letting the opponent take the lead or whatever and people would be like "what are you talking about, we are up by 12"

Said basically the same on here a couple days ago. Logged out. But, as 62 years old Cat fans will do, kept checking back in. It’s in my dna. Keep thinking about late 80’s, 84, 2007, 97, 92, 74, 15. I got nothing past 15. No burning memory whatsoever. Did I die? Don’t think so. What happened? Calipari happened, that’s what. Any nut hangers left? Anyone? Show this f…er the real DOOR.

No real UK fan would forget 2017 or 2019. Those were good teams.

Trouble protecting the rim but refuse to play any zone to mix it up or play the shot blocker much. Is it impossible to play a 2/3 zone with OT and Ugo protecting the inside? Trouble shooting the ball. Should we not pressure and trap more to get a few turnovers for some easy baskets? Maybe it is a little of heart, a little of ability, a little of confidence and coaching. Just too much to overcome.

Bout the same, and with a chance to beat a dead horse TN will kick our ass also. Ranked 8th so yeah they probably decent.

Just an unintelligent one, that’s all BC.
Makes me feel better. I’m gonna try to do this calmly so as not to get banned so quickly. Lots of fans got drawn into Cal’s shitshow. You’re one I see. I’m not intelligent for calling out Cal’s shitshow in 15. Fair enough. Maybe just coincidence. My intellect suffers, no doubt. But how,in Gods green earth, can you call me unintelligent, and support the last seven years of UK basketball? My dog is smarter.

Makes me feel better. I’m gonna try to do this calmly so as not to get banned so quickly. Lots of fans got drawn into Cal’s shitshow. You’re one I see. I’m not intelligent for calling out Cal’s shitshow in 15. Fair enough. Maybe just coincidence. My intellect suffers, no doubt. But how,in Gods green earth, can you call me unintelligent, and support the last seven years of UK basketball? My dog is smarter.

You know what they say when you Assume, right? I don’t support Cal, actually I think he should be fired immediately. I know that isn’t feasible, but that’s what I want.

I never watch the first few games (aside from the Champions Classic, on occasion), but this is the second (maybe third) time in recent years that someone has told me how good they looked early, but by the time I tuned in, they looked like garbage.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
No UK team and I repeat no UK team should get beat by double digits by every top 20 team we play. I am 66.5 and this is the lowest I have seen this program and that includes the probation year and BCG.
You're in your 60s and you still say, I am 66 and a half? Sweet

Reactions: KYCAT78
I will not quit on this team. I will be there win or loss, just as I have since the 60’s. As bad as we have looked and as sad as that makes me, the fans quitting on our team is worse.
I'm still trying to cheer for the players. F the POS "coaching" them

I've felt this sadness since the gonzaga game.

I thought the bahamas team played more fluid and together.
I've wondered what might happen if Cal gets himself thrown out on the road soon. We've had good results in the past when he leaves a game. Maybe they could get back to playing like they did when Cal wasn't coaching them.

I've wondered what might happen if Cal gets himself thrown out on the road soon. We've had good results in the past when he leaves a game. Maybe they could get back to playing like they did when Cal wasn't coaching them.
Yeah, isn't it amazing how much better the offense flowed when they didn't have a greaseball maniac on the sideline screaming "Gooooooo" and "Ruuuuun" at them?

Yeah, isn't it amazing how much better the offense flowed when they didn't have a greaseball maniac on the sideline screaming "Gooooooo" and "Ruuuuun" at them?
I know the lack of defense made a big difference as well, but we have had some pretty bad performances against some pretty bad teams. We SHOULD have been a hell of a lot better than we are.

I feel sorry for the players, especially Oscar. A few simple things would help him immensely, but I guess the CCC staff don’t see them. Other than that, I wish all our players the best of luck. Millions of fans, mostly in state, but many away from here are avid UK supporters and are not having much enthusiasm these days. Cal has really put a wet blanket on a lot of people’s joy of watching UK basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT