ADVERTISEMENT

If you took the best player off the other 13 SEC teams, could they beat UK?

UK Wildcat

All-American
Sep 12, 2007
Alabama: Levi Randolph
Arkansas: Bobby Portis
Auburn: KT Harrell
LSU: Jarell Martin
Mississippi State: Gavin Ware
Ole Miss: Jarvis Summers
Texas A&M: Jalen Jones

Florida: Dorian Finney-Smith
Georgia: Marcus Thornton
Missouri: Jonathan Williams III
South Carolina: Duane Notice
Tennessee: Josh Richardson
Vanderbilt: Damian Jones

ANYbody can beat ANYbody at ANYtime. We are not invincible. Lets just take it ONE game at a time and see what happens.( ie., clutter(?) )

I don't like bragging till the season is over or at least close to the end of conference play. No doubt we have the most talented team in the SEC and probably in the whole country.

The fact that this question is not immediately laughable is more a testament to the relative weakness of the SEC than anything else.

lmao...don't watch much basketball eh?
Originally posted by gright:
I don't like bragging till the season is over or at least close to the end of conference play. No doubt we have the most talented team in the SEC and probably in the whole country.

Awesome as we are, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank God we don't have to face Johnny O'Bryant this year.

Originally posted by UK1919:

ANYbody can beat ANYbody at ANYtime. We are not invincible. Lets just take it ONE game at a time and see what happens.( ie., clutter(?) )
This statement is so flawed. I'll give one ex. Re it's flawed ness: no 16 seed has ever beat a #1 seed in the NCAAs...ever....

No.

And to be fair that team would probably lose to a lot of other top-ranked teams like Duke, Arizona, and Wisconsin just to name a few.

UK already has 9 of the top players in the SEC playing for them now.
smile.r191677.gif

"This statement is so flawed. I'll give one ex. Re it's flawed ness: no 16 seed has ever beat a #1 seed in the NCAAs...ever...."

But they have come close .. at least a wide-open jumper at the buzzer that would have done it (against Purdue) and one other really close one I don't recall the particulars on.

Originally posted by UK1919:

Not quite. If you think we could get beat by any time ranked in the 200s or worse, you're nuts.

This post was edited on 1/6 1:32 AM by SilentsAreGolden

I may be wrong but I don't believe any of the players mentioned above from the other SEC teams except for Portis of Arkansas will be a first round NBA draft choice. We have at least 4 (Towns/WCS/Lyles/Dakari) . We win.
P.S. No one on the list is as hard to contain as Ulis or as good a shooter as Booker. Cats win.

A team of all-stars like that would have to play together for some time, IF they could play togther. A legit team with top notch talent at one school would have a much better chance.
And like one poster earlier stated we are not invincible, Cats could certainly lose a game or 2 in SEC play.

It would be better if you didn't only get one player from each team, because most of the conference is garbage. Still, most of the other teams in the conference just do not have a lot of talent. It would be more interesting if we played the all American team, or something like that.

Originally posted by EMMCAT:
I may be wrong but I don't believe any of the players mentioned above from the other SEC teams except for Portis of Arkansas will be a first round NBA draft choice. We have at least 4 (Towns/WCS/Lyles/Dakari) . We win.
P.S. No one on the list is as hard to contain as Ulis or as good a shooter as Booker. Cats win.
Thornwell , Mackey will be first rounders as well. The pg from LSU might be as well. but the point is valid.

Originally posted by no_neutrality:
"This statement is so flawed. I'll give one ex. Re it's flawed ness: no 16 seed has ever beat a #1 seed in the NCAAs...ever...."

But they have come close .. at least a wide-open jumper at the buzzer that would have done it (against Purdue) and one other really close one I don't recall the particulars on.
Princeton against Georgetown, Murray State against Michigan State, some team almost beat Gonzaga a couple years back, UCONN was down a ton to Albany in 2006 but obviously stormed back...it is not like all these games are blowouts as the other poster suggests.

ADVERTISEMENT