ADVERTISEMENT

If you could pick 1 team to play in the title game, who would it be?

KMKAT

All-American
Sep 17, 2003
Duluth
I'd like to see UConn myself and extract some revenge for Cal.

I am going to guess that most will choose Duke.

Oh god no more Uconn. If we lost it would be complete ownage. Why in the world would you like to risk that haha.

I'll take the easiest team possible. Someone who can't handle out length, depth, and talent. A team that's lucky to be there due to their path opening at the right time. A team from a bracket full of upsets.

Originally posted by Cychologist:
Western Kentucky
Close.

Eastern Kentucky is the correct answer.
wink.r191677.gif

Reactions: Cornered Weasel
Florida A&M. As of today, they are dead last in ESPN's BPI rankings.

What can I say? I want number nine to be as easy as possible. Sue me.

Re: If you could pick 1 team to play in the title game, who would it be?
JerseyCat84 posted on 1/3/2015...
UCLA
####################################################

ucla? why would you want to see the only team ahead of uk in nc's in the title game with a chance to win another? i know, you think they would have no chance, but i also thought we were going to beat them in '75.
i'd much rather see eky, nku, wku, dayton, umass, s fla, or any team from the sec, but never ucla.

Gonzaga...

The great thing about the tourney is the match-ups of teams, styles of play, and coaches that don't ever face each other in the regular season...

I think Zags v UK would be something...

Always kind of liked Gonzaga and Mark Few...would like to see him finally take that program to the next level and get to a title game, hang until about 5-6 minutes into the second half, and then UK wins comfortably...

Originally posted by G0BigBLUE00:
Florida A&M. As of today, they are dead last in ESPN's BPI rankings.

What can I say? I want number nine to be as easy as possible. Sue me.
i was gonna look up who was the worst, but you did that for me.

if i had my druthers, i'm taking the absolute worst of the worst. the Nickelback of college basketball.

I hope Duke loses to Mercer or Lehigh again and Coach K finally decides to hang it up. Duke basketball then has a major downward spiral that they never recover from. I hope they end up just like UCLA after Wooden. I also want the easiest path to the championship with the way they screwed us last year. It would be funny though to face UL in the title game and knock them out of the tournament again.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

What about Louisville?
Think about what it would feel like if the Cats eliminated them again but it was in the championship game.
I know we joke about this on this board but some of their fans would probably leap off the second street bridge.

One team to play? Of the teams with a realistic chance of getting there...Wisconsin. I just don't think they match up well with us.

One team to beat? UConn.

Georgetown.

I've never gotten over 1984.

What's with all the loser mentality. Winners don't want to back into a championship or have it given to them just so they can brag about a title that is basically unworthy of much respect. Winners want to take it, not have it given to them. Although we didn't win it all last year, it did, in my opinion, prove that the most exciting and enjoyable way to win a title is to take on all comers, the best of the best. This team looks like it just might be historically good. It deserves to have the glory of winning it all by beating the best of the challengers.

Originally posted by blubo:
Re: If you could pick 1 team to play in the title game, who would it be?
JerseyCat84 posted on 1/3/2015...
UCLA
####################################################

ucla? why would you want to see the only team ahead of uk in nc's in the title game with a chance to win another? i know, you think they would have no chance, but i also thought we were going to beat them in '75.
i'd much rather see eky, nku, wku, dayton, umass, s fla, or any team from the sec, but never ucla.
The didn't even score 10 in the first half against us. I'm certainly not afraid.

ADVERTISEMENT