ADVERTISEMENT

If you could go back and pick a recruit Cal missed on...

Jaylen Brown
Wiggins
Henry

Those 3 if added would've been possible for 2 more championships. Under Cal.

Jarrett Allen would have been a deadly fit to go with Bam last season.Imagine those 2 with Monk/Fox.Wow.

This. Cal doesnt make many mistakes but he flubbed this one choosing to tell allen to wait to see what bolden does. Meanwhile allen dominated his frosh year at tx and played his way to lottery pick while bolden barely played. Allen is a stud. Cal simply messed this one up.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Henry Ellenson from Marquette would have been the ticket to another title. Murray and Ulis would have been even more devastating.

Xavier Henry. Would have probably led to us winning it all and he wanted to play for Cal so bad. Committed to him once and nearly did a second time even after picking Kansas.

None of them. Kid doesn't wanna play at Kentucky, that's his loss. I've got about as much enjoyment out of the ones that did/do as a person should want.

Reactions: morgousky
Xavier Henry for sure. That was the title. And what's sad about that whole situation is Henry really really wanted to play for Cal. Even when he committed to Kansas they back tracked.

What I was told happened at the time, and I believe it, is Kentucky opening the door for Cal to recruit Bledsoe. He was not going to play at memphis and probably would have been at Florida had Cal not came here. Henry just thought It was going to be too crowded and we probably got greedy. Once that got around it's like they lost the interest they once had.

Programs do matter. Always have.

Kanter would have been a beast...Too bad NCAA f that up
They didn't f that up. It was simply a grudge that Mark Emmert held since Terrence Jones snubbed UDub. In fact I think it was the next year WVa had a foreign player under similar circumstances, just had to sit out a few games. Their justification was that it was a lot less money. Irregardless it was an impermissible benefit making him no longer an amateur if using the reasoning that Kanter was held out.

Jodie Meeks- needed the shooting
Xavier Henry- needed the shooting
Anthony Bennett- needed the inside presence that year
Andrew Wiggins- great player

Reactions: chroix
Xavier Henry.

Outside shooting and the small forward spot were our weakness. Henry would've solved that. That would have been an epic memory to win it with that squad and in Cal's first season.

That's my choice as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: chroix
2010: Shooting and SF, so Xavier Henry would have helped. (Meeks would have helped as well)

2011: Knight was inefficient, and SF. Not sure we were recruiting in SF position. Kanter being eligible.

2012: Back up to Davis -> 40 - 0

2013: PG, SG, SF, PF.... everyone other than Noel. J/k.... but PG / PF.

2014: SF Wiggins. Defensively, transition offense.

2015: Healthy Poythress

2016: C, true Rebounder. Then we could have played Skal more. (Swanigan would have been good enough)

2017: C and SF. Again, rebounder/interior D and SF sized player that puts up Briscoe's numbers. (Jackson, Jarret Allen)

Reactions: BlueSince92
This. Cal doesnt make many mistakes but he flubbed this one choosing to tell allen to wait to see what bolden does. Meanwhile allen dominated his frosh year at tx and played his way to lottery pick while bolden barely played. Allen is a stud. Cal simply messed this one up.

Bolden would have played C at UK last year, excelled, and been a OAD. Unlike certain other coaches, when Cal goes all in on a guy like he did Bolden, you might as well pencil him into the lineup, and Cal will do his best to showcase him.

Jodie Meeks coming back for me.

But if cal had won in 2010 and say 2012, I don't know if he's even the coach at uk in 2013.

It sucks missing on titles but imo it helped in the long run and keeping cal here.

With k and Roy in their twilight and cal coaching the u19 team, the best of cal at Kentucky could still be yet to come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT