ADVERTISEMENT

If you could ask Cal one thing...

“Is there a member of your staff responsible for stats, including that of the opposing team, to provide in-game updates and progress reports?”

Occasionally we’ll hear it said after a loss that a player should’ve been in or out of the game, that this play or style should’ve been done, so I wonder about keeping up with real time numbers and stats during the game, to help keep the game plan intact or make adjustments if needed.

“Is there a member of your staff responsible for stats, including that of the opposing team, to provide in-game updates and progress reports?”

Occasionally we’ll hear it said after a loss that a player should’ve been in or out of the game, that this play or style should’ve been done, so I wonder about keeping up with real time numbers and stats during the game, to help keep the game plan intact or make adjustments if needed.
Oh, they keep stats during the game. Cal brings them to the presser after the game, and often times you can see the shock on his face like when he realizes Toppin scored double figures in the first half and then CAL didn't play him in the second half.

He didn't know. And he won't listen to his assistants during a game. That's a bad combination for a HC.

I truly believe Cal gets so emotional and so animated with refs and players during the game, he loses focus of the game itself.

He rarely seems to react to time, score, and situations that impact the game when the game is being decided on the floor. He is too busy yelling and screaming at refs, players, and his assistant coaches.

I wish Ellen was an assistant that sat on the bench next to him. Then, he would listen.

Have you ever thought about getting a job as a GM in the NBA> I think you would be great at it. Probably go down in history as the best ever

Cal has does it finally feel to be told NO by a superior? Does that finally put you back into your place?

ADVERTISEMENT