ADVERTISEMENT

If we beat aTm and Bama they will both be in extreme danger of missing the dance

Texas A&M was just ranked 5th in the country on the last day of January.
now they could miss the tournament all together?

Texas A&M was just ranked 5th in the country on the last day of January.
now they could miss the tournament all together?
Well. He said FACT.
The only problem is that FACT stated on RR is less than a hypothetical, below conjecture and not even close to hope; it's more like FACT=when winged monkeys fly out of butts everywhere and take over the earth.
That's a fact, jack. Boom, jugalugaluga, boom

Reactions: Bkocats
Op is right. We should let at least one of those two teams win against us. I would say A&M but either way is ultimately fine with me.
This is what I was going to say. It would be good for the conference.

Reactions: Bkocats
I'm afraid the OPs fact is little more than a poorly contrived theory. Our resume has improved enough of late that a loss to the cats won't really have huge negative impact on anyone that wasn't already in pretty serious trouble.

So fact? No. Possibility? Sort'a.

LOL love the OP but he is sorely wrong . A&M , UF ( due to rpi and SOS ) , LSU, UK and USC are in the dance.. 1 of Bama and Vandy will make it as well and my money is on Bama due to their RPI and they have a few good wins. The OP should stick to what he knows ( UK basketball ) as his college basketball knowledge is lacking . If you look at the most recent bracketology you will see the SEC teams as
USC - 7 seed
UF - 9 seed
A&M - 4 seed
UK - 4 seed
Vandy - 11 seed
LSU - 7 seed
and bama is the first out .
At this point if you are a 9 seed or better you are basically in the dance barring a total collapse. So as I said the 2 teams who should worry are Vandy and Bama . Also the OP is way off as this is the best the SEC has been in 10 years and we finally have teams like A&M and LSU who could find their way to elite 8's ect .

Last edited:
In AP poll UK is the only ranked team in the SEC and as long as we keep rolling its gonna stay that way.

With Alabama beating LSU last night, they have a shot at making the NCAA Tournament. I believe right now they are 16-9 with five regular season games left. They are very capable of winning four of those games with the exception of UK.

Reactions: TexKat
I know we are on quite a little roll, but the OP is making us sound like Donald Trump. Everybody loves us, we have all the answers, we will do this, do that etc. Believe me, the NCAA selection committee bases selection on the entire season, not 1 or 2 games.
A&M has seen it's seed fall no doubt, Bama is playing great right now, won at LSU where we lost by 18. A loss to us is not breaking their seasons by any means.

I would like to see more teams in the NCAA because I'm kinda tired of hearing that the SEC is so weak and conferences like the Big 12 is so strong. UK's losses in conference are seen as so much worse than other teams' losses, when, really, it's about the same.
Give me a strong SEC presence, and let the bulk of those make it to the 2nd weekend. After that, I don't care, except for our Cats, of course

Reactions: TexKat and kyjeff1
With Alabama beating LSU last night, they have a shot at making the NCAA Tournament. I believe right now they are 16-9 with five regular season games left. They are very capable of winning four of those games with the exception of UK.
I'd like to see them get in. They have a lot of nice pieces. I hate their pace of play but they got the job done last night. They have some really good wins.
If they can get to 19 wins they are probably in and could ruin some brackets.

Reactions: TexKat
I would like to see more teams in the NCAA because I'm kinda tired of hearing that the SEC is so weak and conferences like the Big 12 is so strong. UK's losses in conference are seen as so much worse than other teams' losses, when, really, it's about the same.
Give me a strong SEC presence, and let the bulk of those make it to the 2nd weekend. After that, I don't care, except for our Cats, of course
This is my exact feeling.
You can't tell me that Oklahoma, KU and Iowa State wouldn't have 3 or 4 losses if they played in the SEC. I do think the BIG12 is tough THIS year but the road in the SEC is tough too.
The SEC, in my opinion, has better athletes year in and year out, they just aren't as skilled….. Until UK comes to town. LOL.

The only thing I hate though is UK and Florida are the only ones that have proven themselves in tournament play. So many promising SEC teams have gone into the tournament with high hopes only to be ousted on the first weekend. That doesn't help our league's perception.

Bama earned their way into the tourney last night. They cant be losing though. They gotta stay at 10 losses or less. They have 9. Ky is 10. Win the rest and make it to the semifinals of the SEC and Alabama is in. They would be at 23-11 with a good rpi

I'm afraid the OPs fact is little more than a poorly contrived theory. Our resume has improved enough of late that a loss to the cats won't really have huge negative impact on anyone that wasn't already in pretty serious trouble.

So fact? No. Possibility? Sort'a.
Boy you just think you're superior to everyone don't you . People I've met like that are usually huge pu$$ys ! Lol

ADVERTISEMENT