ADVERTISEMENT

If Oscar was eligible to be drafted tonight

NBA values big men who can spread the floor or swat shots away like Robert Williams. Big O doesn’t do either very well.

Cal gets tagged with outdated offense because he usually has a big man in the paint. Don’t know about others, but I liked seeing opposing players bouncing off Oscar in the paint and him grabbing offensive rebounds at a high clip.

That being said, I think Oscar is working on his shooting and Cal will reward him by allowing him to launch a few 3’s per game. If Oscar can improve his shooting he may sneak into back end of 1st round next year.

NBA values big men who can spread the floor or swat shots away like Robert Williams. Big O doesn’t do either very well.

Cal gets tagged with outdated offense because he usually has a big man in the paint. Don’t know about others, but I liked seeing opposing players bouncing off Oscar in the paint and him grabbing offensive rebounds at a high clip.

That being said, I think Oscar is working on his shooting and Cal will reward him by allowing him to launch a few 3’s per game. If Oscar can improve his shooting he may sneak into back end of 1st round next year.
Cal gets called out for an outdated offense bc he typically has 2 bigs in the paint or short corner paired with a 3-man who can’t shoot and is another tweener forward, 1 true shooter, and an average shooting PG at best w an emphasis on less than 15 threes and drive-drive-drive or post.

This year was the most we have played perimeter oriented since 2011 and we tightened up and reverted to playing slow bully ball down the stretch w terrible flow. If 2012 didn’t have Miller and KW as good shooting 3/4 and TJ being capable shooting 3s as a sophomore….it wouldn’t had worked that year either.

Even if his offense and shooting doesn't improve, surely someone could use a guy who can get 20 rebounds.

Reactions: BigTyrone
So a NPOTY in College basketball isnt 1 of the 32 best players available?
That absolutely doesnt make a lick of sense.
Why? The exact same thing happened just last year when Luka Garza, the NPOY, didn’t get taken until the 52nd pick.

The NBA is often decidedly unimpressed by players who were great in college.

So a NPOTY in College basketball isnt 1 of the 32 best players available?
That absolutely doesnt make a lick of sense.

TBH with you This makes no sense. Oscar is NPOY based in rebounding specifically. That’s why I like MVP better than NPOY, because that’s essentially was he is, the most valuable to a team, not necessarily the “best” player especially coming out for the NBA.

Having said that there’s not another player I’d want over him, so it is a bit of a brain surge trying to relay this is words. But the NBA is just a shit league, and he’s not a shitty guy. So that’s really all there is to it.

Why? The exact same thing happened just last year when Luka Garza, the NPOY, didn’t get taken until the 52nd pick.

The NBA is often decidedly unimpressed by players who were great in college.

we’ve been discussing this POTENTIAL word on the board for oh I don’t know, going on a half a f’n decade now and it still bypasses many for some strange reason.

The NBA would take a 120 lb freshman in high school none of us have heard of over Oscar if it were possible.

We’ve only been doing this for going on half my life now.

Keion Brooks and Kobe Bryant are also the same height and weight
Lolol

Difference there is Keion isn’t and will never be the NPOY. Keion and Kobe don’t play alike either. Bam and Oscar are virtually the same player with Oscar being better cleaning the glass and one could argue Oscar being a better jump shooter. Bam is oNLT slightly better around the rim than Oscar and that’s it.

Reactions: DreadLox
Difference there is Keion isn’t and will never be the NPOY. Keion and Kobe don’t play alike either. Bam and Oscar are virtually the same player with Oscar being better cleaning the glass and one could argue Oscar being a better jump shooter. Bam is oNLT slightly better around the rim than Oscar and that’s it.
Oscar and Bam play nothing alike lol

I really hope you were being sarcastic, and I missed it

Reactions: bigc45157
I didn't say anything about vertical jumping height

Oscar is the only big man I've ever seen that got a rebound n shot the ball back up under the basket without jumping.
One guy gathers himself before jumping , the other jumps like a pogo stick. One guy handles the ball in pick n roll like a guard , the other can't dribble with someone guarding him.
Oscar is a work horse and I love him but dude you are way off on that comparison

I didn't say anything about vertical jumping height

Oscar is the only big man I've ever seen that got a rebound n shot the ball back up under the basket without jumping.
One guy gathers himself before jumping , the other jumps like a pogo stick. One guy handles the ball in pick n roll like a guard , the other can't dribble with someone guarding him.
Oscar is a work horse and I love him but dude you are way off on that comparison

It’s actually the closest comparison there is for either player. Exact same size, exact same vertical. Both don’t shoot 3s and primarily play back to the basket. No one said Oscar was a clone of Bam but it doesn’t get much more similar.

It’s actually the closest comparison there is for either player. Exact same size, exact same vertical. Both don’t shoot 3s and primarily play back to the basket. No one said Oscar was a clone of Bam but it doesn’t get much more similar.
Not one scout or anyone in basketball would agree with you, I'll leave it at that.

ADVERTISEMENT