ADVERTISEMENT

If Oscar is a no go Tuesday do we win ?

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
I think we do and the reason is Ugonna. This kid is way more advanced than we were led to believe.
Project his numbers if he plays 30 minutes and obviously the defensive presence he gives us
We do need Toppin to play better than he did last night and last night proved we have a two headed monster at point guard

I think we do and the reason is Ugonna. This kid is way more advanced than we were led to believe.
Project his numbers if he plays 30 minutes and obviously the defensive presence he gives us
We do need Toppin to play better than he did last night and last night proved we have a two headed monster at point guard
Yes, and you are right Ugonna is a huge reason why but there are lots of other reasons too.
Mich St and Gonzaga are both doomed.

Ugonna have to wait and see

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

Yeah, I think we win either way. Love the make up of this squad. I hope Oscar is back and healthy though ASAP. The longer this goes the more uncertainty there is about how this is healing.

such is every injury at Kentucky over the past 5 years or so

Yeah, I think we win either way. Love the make up of this squad. I hope Oscar is back and healthy though ASAP. The longer this goes the more uncertainty there is about how this is healing.

such is every injury at Kentucky over the past 5 years or so
Certainly agree with you about Oscar

i think we beat michigan state but i’m not sure about gonzaga.

Im worried about officiating against gonzaga. College officials will often try to hand the game to the home team if it’s close late.
We could very well have Oscar back in 10 days.

50/50. Izzo is going to turn it into a physical scrum and try to dictate the tempo.

Toppin is trying way, way to hard to show out. Senior year, gets the start, and is simply forcing it. I can clearly see he is overplaying in an attempt to make the NBA given this is his last year.
I see it, too. I said it after last game and got hammered on a little because his stat line ended up decent. But he looks like he’s doing his own thing out there too often, and it does look like he’s trying out for the NBA.

He’s a great role player, as long as he plays his role.

Last edited:
i think we beat michigan state but i’m not sure about gonzaga.

Im worried about officiating against gonzaga. College officials will often try to hand the game to the home team if it’s close late.
Not only that, but Timme travels a lot and it’s never called. Dude religiously picks up his pivot foot. Reminds me of Kaminsky, with how much he travels with no call.

Not only that, but Timme travels a lot and it’s never called. Dude religiously picks up his pivot foot. Reminds me of Kaminsky, with how much he travels with no call.
Timme is undersized at the 5; that’s bad news v UKs 7 footer.

2 games against Gonzaga and Northern Arizona, neither of which i would classify as defensive juggernauts, Michigan State is putting up 68 pts per game on 43/28/67 shooting splits and averaging 13 turnovers to 14 assists.

Their offense is UGLY. They won’t be able to score enough to beat us. They might not get 50 against us.

I think we will still win but it might be tougher and closer than some may think. Izzo will battle us and try to slow the pace down to a crawl. Hope CJ and Reeves are hot from outside and that the combo of Wheeler/Wallace is too much at PG for MSU to stop. Ugonna will be tough for them inside as well. Still, would feel much better if Oscar were back and playing.

Izzo usually does more with less talent. Some times Calipari does less with more talent.

I don't expect an easy game, but it would definitely help to have oscar.

Why the heck did his knee need an operation anyways?

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Love Ugonna. But I’ll bet money Cal starts Ware.

2 games against Gonzaga and Northern Arizona, neither of which i would classify as defensive juggernauts, Michigan State is putting up 68 pts per game on 43/28/67 shooting splits and averaging 13 turnovers to 14 assists.

Their offense is UGLY. They won’t be able to score enough to beat us. They might not get 50 against us.
Izzo is going to try and make it a half court fist fight, that’s why I say Kentuckys pushes the tempo and makes Michigan state react, mich st isn’t deep at all and pushing the tempo will tire them out

Michigan State starts 3 seniors and 2 juniors. Their toughness and defense aren’t going to be a pushover. If we can get the game into the 70s I don’t believe they have the guards to keep up. Also it can’t be overlooked that they just had a west coast trip with a big game.

Izzo is going to try and make it a half court fist fight, that’s why I say Kentuckys pushes the tempo and makes Michigan state react, mich st isn’t deep at all and pushing the tempo will tire them out

How many times have we said this under Cal but he’s allowed the other team to dictate the tempo?

ADVERTISEMENT