ADVERTISEMENT

If Kentucky isnt AP preseason number one

giphy.gif
I need to try that tonight.

Reactions: kev69
I want UK to start out at #1. To me, that shows it's nit just UK fans and a select few media members that sees this team as the best team out there, but the AP voters wouod see it too.
It would be disturbing to.me to see several teams ranked ahead of us to start. I can understand putting KU at 1, but don't even put Gonzaga and duke ahead of this UK team, that just ain't right.

Only way Rat
UK, Kansas, & who? Gonzaga?

I would not consider Duke a preseason #1 candidate. Not enough depth. Freshman often make silly fouls...injury or foul trouble & Duke is done.
The only way Rat Face and Dook is rated in the top five is due to the preferred treatment they know their going to get by the media and the officials.

Don't worry, I've said it before.... the voters want to create hype and they'd like nothing more than to have Kentucky and Duke be #1 vs.# 2. So you can expect that in the preseason poll

I disagree on Duke. So you have a good freshman class with no moving parts to go with it. I could see someone saying top 5 but the only reason anyone would logically vote Duke #1 is because its Duke & Coach K. No one else in the same circumstances would be a preseason #1 when you have a Kansas or UK roster or the talent & experience of a Gonzaga. Take the Duke goggles off & think logically.
Yeah Duke has no business being in the top 3 or 4 IMO . Just way too many flaws with that team. UK IMO is in their own league but I could be wrong as I gotta see KU play a few games. IMO Gonzaga is a notch below UK and KU and then there are about 10 teams below them like UNC , Duke , UT , AU ect.

I don’t agree with Duke but I can see why some would. I can understand Kansas and Gonzaga due to the talent both have coming in and returning. It’s likely that it’s some order of UK, KU and Gonzaga

It's perfectly reasonable if someone decides to vote Kansas or Duke #1

Our initial ranking is the 127436754th item on my list of things to care about. Completely and utterly irrelevant.

Yeah, you're right. Just Final Four in 2011. Runner-up 2014. Had a lapse there.

Point remains. 2011 team made it as far as 2015 team with a lot thinner roster. They had no depth and didn't have the top-end starpower of this Duke team.
We also had the most talented college player in 15 years in AD and one of the best winners and defenders in MKG ( while not a great pro he is insanely special ) . Not to mention a senior leader in Miller.

Depth can be overrated. Our 2012 title team really only had 6 great players who played (7th man was freshman Wiltjer and 8th man was Eloy Vargas). Didn't matter, as we had the best top 6 in the country and avoided injuries.

Our 2011 Final Four team literally played 6 guys, half being freshmen.

Arguably the deepest team in UK history failed to even reach the title game in 2015.

I wouldn't count Duke out based on "lack of depth".

Look at the 6 we had though. Very good balance. Duke not only lacks depth but balance.

Last edited:
But, if you still decide to. By all means, feel free to post a video on RR, or even better yet, over on DI, so the Dukies know what is gonna happen to them and there coach in November..

I guess...I'd pay a dollar and a quarter to watch Grayson do it.

Yeah Duke has no business being in the top 3 or 4 IMO . Just way too many flaws with that team. UK IMO is in their own league but I could be wrong as I gotta see KU play a few games. IMO Gonzaga is a notch below UK and KU and then there are about 10 teams below them like UNC , Duke , UT , AU ect.
I would like to see Duke play a game before saying they have flaws. I see potential problems there, but too early to say they have flaws

Reactions: G-PIP
How about - if UK isn’t preseason #1 you self-ban? If you feel strongly about it, go all out. Something tells me you could possibly do something like that?

Reactions: STL_Cat
Ratface doesn't like to play more than 6 players anyway. Whether or not he has the right 6 is the question.

Dude, come on. Duke is as loaded as we are.

Reactions: BBUK
ADVERTISEMENT