ADVERTISEMENT

If Gortat can play in the NBA

So can Humphries.
Gortat has horrible hands. Zero athleticism. Is just Big.

tumblr_mzzdpmtbBl1rg0lgoo6_500.gif

Reactions: MbergCat
I'm talking about Washington getting a SG worth a max contract, I could give a f about Bradley beal

why would a SG (or player) on another team turn down on a max contract with that team that is much higher ?

the max contract booker is going to get from the suns is going to be worth a ton more than the max contract the wizards could offer. why do you think guys like davis, cousins, etc stay put for so many years? its not until they make a shit ton do they decided to "team up".

Reactions: Big_Blue79
why would a SG (or player) on another team turn down on a max contract with that team that is much higher ?

the max contract booker is going to get from the suns is going to be worth a ton more than the max contract the wizards could offer. why do you think guys like davis, cousins, etc stay put for so many years? its not until they make a shit ton do they decided to "team up".
Why are there free agents every year that sign with other teams?

I'm talking about Washington getting a SG worth a max contract, I could give a f about Bradley beal

Beal averaged 23.1 3.1 reb 3.5 assist 1.1 steal to only 1.9 to

Pretty solid and wizards are building something with a pair of guards that have been playing together a few years.

Beal averaged 23.1 3.1 reb 3.5 assist 1.1 steal to only 1.9 to

Pretty solid and wizards are building something with a pair of guards that have been playing together a few years.
He gets a lot of shots so his numbers should be that good. He's too weak to play defense vs bigger guards or even drive hard to the basket

He gets a lot of shots so his numbers should be that good. He's too weak to play defense vs bigger guards or even drive hard to the basket

He shot 48% this year and 40.5% from 3. He shoots 17 times a game. There are 9 guards who averaged more points than Beal. They all took more shots and averaged a lower shooting percentage from the field.

I like Beal but i dont love him. His numbers are virtually the same as Klay Thompson though and im sure some would hype up Klay. FWIW a guy like CJ McCollum has about the same numbers too. McCollum and Beal are probably underrated by league standards

He shot 48% this year and 40.5% from 3. He shoots 17 times a game. There are 9 guards who averaged more points than Beal. They all took more shots and averaged a lower shooting percentage from the field.
You're gonna hurt his feelings with facts.

Beal, Gortat, Wall, and Porter are all above average players.

The rest of the team sucks. An average 4 and some non-baddies on the bench would do wonders for the team.

OP would have been better served to compare Hump to some of the backup Centers in the league. That is his best hope until he vastly improves his game.

Rupp's Runts - I suggest reading guys like Zack Lowe and Kevin Pelton, or listening to guys like Nate Duncan and Danny Leroux if you want a good understanding of all the cap considerations that go into team building. It's far more complex than you're putting forth here. The only reason Beal might not have been worth a max offer was health. His play is more than fine for his salary. He's not a bargain (like a Lebron on a max, or even a Crowder on a much smaller contract), but far from an issue.

OP would have been better served to compare Hump to some of the backup Centers in the league. That is his best hope until he vastly improves his game.

The part that tells you this is the only NBA game he's ever seen is that the Wizards actually have a much better comparison to Humphries on their bench, and he's even the right color.

ADVERTISEMENT