ADVERTISEMENT

If Cats role through the SEC tourney..

Louis_Skunt

Senior
Oct 4, 2013
is a 3 seed possible, or are we stuck at the 4? Im thinking if we win all our games with a couple of bad blowouts it'll get the committee talking.

is a 3 seed possible, or are we stuck at the 4? Im thinking if we win all our games with a couple of bad blowouts it'll get the committee talking.
Root against:

West Virginia
IU, Iowa, Maryland, Purdue
Miami, Duke (always anyways)
Utah and Oregon (and probably Arizona).

It seems highly likely that Kansas, Oklahoma, Michigan State, UNC, Virginia, Villanova, and Xavier are ahead of UK no matter what. And someone from the "root against" group is going to get the last 2 seed- could be IU (or another Big 10 team), could be Oregon, could be the 3rd team from the ACC or Big 12. But if enough of those teams go down (especially early), and UK rolls through the SEC Tourney, then you have to think that UK has a good shot at a 3.

Reactions: EnglandWildcat
If we roll through and win with no problem we will be a 2 seed imo. As of right now I think we would be a 3 seed.

Reactions: SomeDudeCRO
I think the highest we can get is a 3 seed with a lowest being a 5. Almost set in stone we will be a 4. Unless we lose to Bama or Ole Miss Friday. We have to beat Taxes A&M on Sunday for a shot at a 3 seed.

We had some bad losses where our bigs didn't play well and coaching staff just rolling out the balls.

Reactions: jedwar
Good shot at a 3, but I think that's our ceiling, unless we massacre teams and those currently on the 2-line get blown out early. Even then it might not happen. I'd be happy with a 3. That might get us to Louisville.

Not sure I am sold on Nova and Xavier both getting 1 and 2 seeds. Committee does not pay attention to the polls or haven't in years past. I remember dirty birds getting a 4 seed after finishing the polls 4th one year for example.

Nova simply does not have the resume of a one, their best P5 wins are Nebraska and Stanford both of which are .500 teams. Their best win was a blowout of conf foe Xavier which also does not have a single victory against another top 25 team not named nova. I think both are good solid teams but maybe belong on the 3, 4, or 5 rather than 1 and 2.

Good shot at a 3, but I think that's our ceiling, unless we massacre teams and those currently on the 2-line get blown out early. Even then it might not happen. I'd be happy with a 3. That might get us to Louisville.
Correct ! We could very possibly reach a 3 seed if we take care of business, and certain teams lose. If we reach 3 seed status, we have a shot at playing in Louisville, which would be Fantastic !

Reactions: EnglandWildcat
I think it all comes down to who the 1 and 2 seeds are in UK's region. For example, would you feel more confident about UK's chances if they earned the 3, but had to go through a 2 seed in Oklahoma (Sweet Sixteen) and a 1 seed in UNC (Elite Eight); or if UK earned a 4 and had to go through a 1 seed Villanova (Sweet Sixteen), followed by a 2 or 3 Xavier/Virginia (Elite Eight)?

I'd take something along the lines of option 2 if given the choice.

I suspect it will be just like 2011. Seeding will be determined before Sunday and as others have stated, several of the teams ahead of us lose early in their tourney's, we will end up with a 4. That's not quite as important as our matchups even though it would be best to avoid the 1 until EE.

If we win all 3 games by blowout margins, does the committee look at our team as finally "healthy" and therefore ignore some of the losses where we were missing one or more players? Obviously, we've had losses this year without Alex, Isaiah, Derek, and even with Tyler hobbled.

I say this because I GUARANTEE YOU Duke and MSU will get this treatment on seeding day. Not only that, it will be some twisted version of the logic that pisses every one of us off.

Reactions: awf and blubo

We need both Duke and Maryland to lose first or second games of their tournaments while winning ours. IMO. Looking at Bracket Matrix (averages all the various bracket predictions out there) we're just behind those guys in the 2nd highest 4 spot. A bad first round loss for Utah COULD knock them lower.

Kentucky almost never improves its seed based on tournament play. Other teams do, but not Kentucky.

Reactions: awf
Remember they seed based on computer algorithms more than biased polls. (#4 in polls Louisville got a 4 seed a few years ago).

Based on that we are a 3 unless we lose Friday. Win the SEC tournament and we may get the last 2 seed depending on how other do.

We want a 3 seed though to play in Louisville. The last 2 seed send s us out West I think, since the other teams are all Midwest - East coast teams.

I think UK is a 3 if they win Saturday in the Semis. Winning the SEC tourney will have no effect on seeding. It's been proven and said by the committee that winning the SEC tourney and really any conference tourney on Sunday by a guaranteed NCAA team.

I can honestly say that, the seeding isn't as important this year as in years past. The field is wide open. Look what we did with a 8 seed a couple of years ago.

We're stuck at a 4 because the committee wants to see us play the 1. Better ratings for them.

We're stuck at a 4 because the committee wants to see us play the 1. Better ratings for them.

Bites then though

beat Wichita State in the second round because they put us as an 8 seed
beat Ohio State in the third round because they put us as a 4 seed

deserved better both years, probably 6-7 and 3

Reactions: ganner918
ADVERTISEMENT