ADVERTISEMENT

If Cal left after the season...

Would Casey even be considered for any job after his Chris Mills connection? (Even though he was proven innocent?)

Casey is also 61 years old and hasn't been on a college staff since 1989...I think I could pass on that...

If there’s no NCAA objection, I’d love for Cal to bring in Casey, even for offseason stuff. Kids will pay attention when there’s a guy who’s won 50 in the NBA three year running.
No offense to you and I mean that but who gives a ish if the NCAA is ok with it when they selectively police. Having said that there is zero interest from me in replacing Cal, he’s the best coach for UK.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
No Casey would not be at U.K. bc of his history in the Sutton scandals. Stevens wouldn’t leave Boston to come here. Probably best case would be billy Donovan leaving okc

I have more chance of winning the Powerball than Casey does of being a coach here. I think you can send that in via UPS and it won't burst open it transit.
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/1/eddie-sutton-says-it-was-a-setup/

Money-in-envelope1.jpg

No Casey would not be at U.K. bc of his history in the Sutton scandals. Stevens wouldn’t leave Boston to come here. Probably best case would be billy Donovan leaving okc
I honestly do not think it is so preposterous that Stevens would come here like everyone says. When Kentucky calls, coaches listen. He may never coach in college again, but if he does, I think it would be here.

No offense to you and I mean that but who gives a ish if the NCAA is ok with it when they selectively police. Having said that there is zero interest from me in replacing Cal, he’s the best coach for UK.

I was just thinking like a permanent show cause or something that would affect the program. I agree, eff the NCAA and Cal can stay forever as far as I’m concerned.

Reactions: Xception
Plenty of fishy stuff went on about that time, some of it was probably a set up,some of it was probably UK's doing.My point is that Dwane Casey will never be employed by UK again.The air freight company paid him a large settlement that may have broke the company. Casey's history,age and relationship with UK are all working against him ever being employed here.The only thing that does work in his favor is that Cal would pull it off if he could just to kick sand at the world,even Cal isn't good enough to make that happen.

I honestly do not think it is so preposterous that Stevens would come here like everyone says. When Kentucky calls, coaches listen. He may never coach in college again, but if he does, I think it would be here.
"I don't coach in college,but if I did it would be at UK" He is the most interesting man in coaching. Keep hoping my friends:sunglasses:

Reactions: Bigjoecatfan56

I can't see Stevens ever coaching in college again. He's doing fantastic with a storied program like the Celtics and they and the Boston fans love him and will pay him to remain there. If there ever was a falling out between him and the C's like someone above suggested there would be many other pro teams falling over themselves to sign him to a huge contract. Highly doubt we ever see Stevens at UK though I would love that dream to happen.

Reactions: Bigjoecatfan56
Stevens will be in Boston as long as he wants to be there. I don’t see why he would have any interest in downgrading.

I agree totally. It is a shame though that one must preface every thought like this with "I love Cal" at the beginning to appease the sunshine pumping clan.
Yep. Because there are zero passive aggressive, agenda driven posters on this board.

Donovan wouldn’t come here when there was an opening. Why would he or ANY NBA Coach come here. Just dumb.

Stevens will be in Boston as long as he wants to be there. I don’t see why he would have any interest in downgrading.
I don't see Kentucky as downgrading from anywhere. Just different is all. Kentucky's fanbase is better and more massive, facilities are on par with any organizations not named Dallas perhaps. I do not think UK is ever a downgrade.

I would really enjoy a day of just enjoying UK Basketball and Coach Cal without all of this what "if" shit with when Cal Leaves..We were Great Before and will be Great afterwards

I'm hoping Cal sticks around for quite some time so I guess I would be sad regardless who is coming in.

But it is what it is lol

I am not anti Cal. Good guy and good coach. But please, whoever replaces Cal when the time comes, I hope we can deviate from the one and done and get back to watching players develop by staying in the program.

The rules are in place by the powers to be, Cal has nothing to do with it.

Reactions: Blueaz
I would absolutely not be happy with Dwayne Casey coaching basketball at U.K. The OP must be too young to remember the Chris Mills / Emery Freight debacle. Let me be clear, however, that my post here has nothing to do with the underlying premise of the original post by the OP.

P.S. I agree with all who hope, intensely, that Brad Stevens is the next head basketball coach at U.K.

Go 'Cats !

ADVERTISEMENT