ADVERTISEMENT

If Cal left after the season...

If there’s no NCAA objection, I’d love for Cal to bring in Casey, even for offseason stuff. Kids will pay attention when there’s a guy who’s won 50 in the NBA three year running.

Reactions: Bigjoecatfan56
Thanks to goodness that Cal isn’t leaving. With that said, I don’t know who the heck would be his replacement if he were to leave in the next year or two.

My buddy and I had a discussion about this and we couldn’t come up with a favorable, yet realistic candidate.

Thanks to goodness that Cal isn’t leaving. With that said, I don’t know who the heck would be his replacement if he were to leave in the next year or two.

My buddy and I had a discussion about this and we couldn’t come up with a favorable, yet realistic candidate.
I think it would maybe be Donavan if I had to guess.

Reactions: bigc45157
If there's no way around the premise of Cal leaving, we could do a lot worse. He's a Cat, he's a fantastic coach, he has experience coaching and developing pros. Although he'll find a landing spot in the league soon. He's too good a coach not to be one of the 30 guys at the top.

If there's no way around the premise of Cal leaving, we could do a lot worse. He's a Cat, he's a fantastic coach, he has experience coaching and developing pros. Although he'll find a landing spot in the league soon. He's too good a coach not to be one of the 30 guys at the top.
I think he may do well here actually.

I suppose anything is possible but I doubt that Casey or UK would want to bring up memories of what went down in 88'. It might even be part of the settlement,who knows.
Absolutely but I imagine much of the UK-hating basketball world would love to see “cheater” Casey here again.

Reactions: BBUK
I'm sure Cal will be here probably until he retires, but if he did leave, Would not be a bad thing to have Casey..

Just stop it. 176 posts, and you can’t even spell Duane.
Thanks mr spellcheck...I will try and do better next time. Also, thanks for reminding me of my post count, I needed that. Edit..also you just made a fool of yourself because you spelled his name wrong as well..lmao...Its Dwane..:joy::joy::joy:....You should go hide now.

Reactions: Poetax
LOL at any fan thinking Stevens would come here. Dude is 41 years old, the second best coach in the league (the best once Pop retires) and coaches the most storied franchise in the NBA. UMM, I think you confused this with the u6 board.

I have more chance of winning the Powerball than Casey does of being a coach here. I think you can send that in via UPS and it won't burst open it transit.

You are spot-on. Casey has as much chance as landing a head coaching job at UK as Andre McGee does at UL.

Reactions: KFuqua
LOL at any fan thinking Stevens would come here. Dude is 41 years old, the second best coach in the league (the best once Pop retires) and coaches the most storied franchise in the NBA. UMM, I think you confused this with the u6 board.
I think the only chance would be if at some point he and the Celtics did not meet eye to eye on a few issues and he moved on. At that point, perhaps UK throws the kitchen sink at him and he is ready to get back to college. It maybe unlikely he ever coaches here, but this is Kentucky ya know and he would at least listen.

I thought Casey was cleared of all that years ago? I am only 33 so my memory of those times is not clear but I thought I had read that.

My bad! I was unaware he was cleared. But as Casey has said its the perception that lingers on. I think that perception, wrong as it may be, would hinder him ever coaching here again.

I am not anti Cal. Good guy and good coach. But please, whoever replaces Cal when the time comes, I hope we can deviate from the one and done and get back to watching players develop by staying in the program.

Reactions: Bigjoecatfan56
ADVERTISEMENT