ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Jackson - Negative Fans to Blame? Or Something Else?

Finna_Go_HAM

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 25, 2022
Franklin TN
See some people on here and Twitter trying to place the blame for not getting Jackson on negative fans who drove him away. The real negative noise over the past couple weeks, however, has come from the national media. They're the ones who finally opened their eyes to what UK fans have been saying for a while now. So, while the negative chatter about Calipari has increased exponentially this month, it's not because of the fans - it's the national media. And if you don't believe me, we can make a list of all the writers and commentators that have jumped on Coach Cal recently. I'm not saying all this negativity is the reason Jackson chose UNC; what I am saying is don't lay this at the feet of the fans.

Pretty sure he listened ccc coaching on the sidelines and sorta went............

cuP2bDn.gif

See some people on here and Twitter trying to place the blame for not getting Jackson on negative fans who drove him away. The real negative noise over the past couple weeks, however, has come from the national media. They're the ones who finally opened their eyes to what UK fans have been saying for a while now. So, while the negative chatter about Calipari has increased exponentially this month, it's not because of the fans - it's the national media. And if you don't believe me, we can make a list of all the writers and commentators that have jumped on Coach Cal recently. I'm not saying all this negativity is the reason Jackson chose UNC; what I am saying is don't lay this at the feet of the fans.

We'll never truly know

This site is definitely a big problem. To say it ain't so is just a thoughtless river in Egypt. It has also been shown before that this site is a source of much of the information the media latches on to.
Do you REALLY think Ian Jackson knows this place exists?

Does he just read ours? Does he go to UNC’s? Arkansas?

And you think he made a major life decision based on which message board was the most positive?

Do I need to link every article/video of the countless bball analysts who have been saying that Cal *should* change his offense following the demonstrated results of the UT game lineup? Nevermind that he was forced to do what all us basketball bennies have been screaming about for months....

And the best part, several analysts also say they have a "wait and see" attitude that Cal will actually use the best roster because they--like us--are openly saying that they doubt Cal will make the obvious, necessary changes to run an effective modern offense.

I think that *might* affect a recruit's decision slightly more than a message board 🤷

I keep hearing about how next's year class is the greatest collection of basketball talent ever assembled. Didn't seem to bother any of them. The only people pushing this cockamamie 'negative fans did this' are the same folks that think UK basketball is all rainbows and unicorns. How about the kid just picked UNC cause of any number of reasons? You don't want negative fans??... don't have a someone that squanders talent, can't coach, and blames all his deficiencies on everything other than himself. Have a head coach that doesn't take shots at fans. Have a AD with balls, holds his coaches accountable, and doesn't had out moronic contracts. But hey, it's the fans' fault. STFU with that fact denying nonsense.

You'd have to be pretty naive to not see that all the negativity surrounding the program and rumors Cal is leaving had an impact of this recruitment. UK has been the favorite all along and now it's UNC.

Now, you can blame losing. You can blame Cal's perceived poor coaching. But yes, the reports about Cal to Texas and the anger and attacks from fans have contributed.

But hey, if Cal leaving is inevitable, we're gonna have to accept the fact that whatever recruiting class has signed will be gone with him. So, I'm sure many will accept this as a part of the solution.

You'd have to be pretty naive to not see that all the negativity surrounding the program and rumors Cal is leaving had an impact of this recruitment. UK has been the favorite all along and now it's UNC.

Now, you can blame losing. You can blame Cal's perceived poor coaching. But yes, the reports about Cal to Texas and the anger and attacks from fans have contributed.

But hey, if Cal leaving is inevitable, we're gonna have to accept the fact that whatever recruiting class has signed will be gone with him. So, I'm sure many will accept this as a part of the solution.
I think you have to be pretty naive to think that a future top 5 pick made a major life decision based on stuff he read on Twitter.

He didn't spurn us for Arkansas or Memphis. We lost him to a blue blood.

We had Zion the entire recruitment. Duke wasn't even in it. Was that because fans were just too negative?

What about the guys we weren't supposed to get that we stole late. The other fan base too negative ?

Two things that I believe actually played a role.

1. Our bad play. I can't imagine a kid with NBA aspirations sees what we're doing and thinks this is the way. You can argue "Well UNC is bad too." They're also fresh off a title game. We're fresh off St. Peter's.

2. Cal's imminent departure. I'm not sure how imminent it is. Whether he leaves in the Spring for Texas or guts it out 1 more year--I don't think anyone is super confident the guy will be here in 2024--even Ian Jackson.

I also had a very high level conversation and was told he liked UNC better because they had a better selection of Skittles.

See how easy it is to make something up?

Why do I believe @MeManBoy has any sources connected to it? Why would you believe he's any more connected than me?

Any idiot with a Twitter can tweet they had a "high level conversation"

• Love
Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
If that's true then it's lame calipari couldn't make it work when Jackson is supposedly better than anyone we have signed.
I disagree with whoever is supposedly saying that. I think every player signed to date is probably a better basketball player and will have a bigger impact next year than Jackson.

Reactions: catben and jauk11
I think you have to be pretty naive to think that a future top 5 pick made a major life decision based on stuff he read on Twitter.

He didn't spurn us for Arkansas or Memphis. We lost him to a blue blood.

We had Zion the entire recruitment. Duke wasn't even in it. Was that because fans were just too negative?

What about the guys we weren't supposed to get that we stole late. The other fan base too negative ?

Two things that I believe actually played a role.

1. Our bad play. I can't imagine a kid with NBA aspirations sees what we're doing and thinks this is the way. You can argue "Well UNC is bad too." They're also fresh off a title game. We're fresh off St. Peter's.

2. Cal's imminent departure. I'm not sure how imminent it is. Whether he leaves in the Spring for Texas or guts it out 1 more year--I don't think anyone is super confident the guy will be here in 2024--even Ian Jackson.
Sounds like you're agreeing with nearly every word I said in that post except that angry fans had anything whatsoever with helping stir the pot. I would think fans here would be thrilled they may have a part in Cal's demise.

The unknown of the program may have caused some thinking to do, but he went to North Carolina for other reason, people blaming the fans is a weak excuse

Kentucky basketball misses a recruit- the fans are to harsh and are the reason for them not coming here
Kentucky football misses a recruit- the fans didn’t give enough money to the collective to help out and are the reason Kentucky is falling behind.
How about both staffs look in the mirror and realize they need to do a better job. Blaming the fans for the staffs misses is lazy work from both, and a cop-out to excuse the misses from both staffs. Don’t praise us as fans, then blame us for problems that clearly out of our control

I would have loved to have gotten this kid, big time prospect. I look for him to reclassify.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT