ADVERTISEMENT

I won’t say they are a contender

This is a board of opinions. Asshat

I don’t care if Cal sleeps better or not. They don’t defend the entire game and they need more scoring options. If PJ plays like he did tonight on consistent basis, then yes there’s a contender.

Yes it is a board of opinions.......and your opinions are stupid, crap.....:chairshot:

Guys, Ruchards and EJ are what they are. I wouldn't count on either of them suddenly becoming a force.

This team is going to have to do it with their core players.

I actually think Richards is way ahead of EJ and Richards can't be in there when it's crunch time or if the game gets physical.

EJ is a turnover waiting to happen and he has hands of stone.

I know it's only January, but I just don't see either of these two getting to the point where they are going to be bigtime contributors this year.

Well EJ is going to be one of the best players UK has next season and lotto pick but you are correct RIGHT NOW he is what he is - a deer in head lights MOST of the time. BUT he can still make plays . Richards has been phenomenal in small doses . He blocks shots , plays great D , draws charges , makes that hook he has and brings energy. He has been a big part of the 4 game winning streak for sure. He is consistently getting better and is night and day from what he was last season though not all of it shows up in the box score.

SO you are wrong about Richards he IS a big contributor right now .

They are contenders, a team made up up mostly freshman winning in that environment. They could backslide but they have to be in the discussion now and they are only going to get better and have to have the confidence they need going forward after last night.

Alabama played UT tough today. So that loss may not be as bad as we initially thought. Liking the progress toward February.

UT took Bama lightly just like the Cats did. But Alabama plays really hard. Too bad they got the bad beat by A&M.

Mack went off against UK and Petty was Mack on steroids against UT.

Cats improving but little margin for error. Beat MSU.

UT took Bama lightly just like the Cats did. But Alabama plays really hard. Too bad they got the bad beat by A&M.

Mack went off against UK and Petty was Mack on steroids against UT.

Cats improving but little margin for error. Beat MSU.
Duke is struggling at home and on the road to top 20 teams. Michigan just lost. UT nearly lost yesterday. Kansas struggled with WVU. UNC got walloped by a team we throttled.

I would think every team ranked at this point has very little margin for error. Here’s the thing. Our trajectory is going upward. And I don’t think too many teams are improving as rapidly as we are.

Yes it is a board of opinions.......and your opinions are stupid, crap.....:chairshot:
LOL that person saying they don't have enough scoring options is one of the dumber things I have ever read on this board. We have more scoring options then any UK team in 5-6 years. Literally we have 6 guys who could drop 25 and no one would be surprised. And Baker and Richards could drop 15 and no one would ( if they got the minutes ) .All 5 of our starters can put points up and we average 81 pts a game.

LOL that person saying they don't have enough scoring options is one of the dumber things I have ever read on this board. We have more scoring options then any UK team in 5-6 years. Literally we have 6 guys who could drop 25 and no one would be surprised. And Baker and Richards could drop 15 and no one would ( if they got the minutes ) .All 5 of our starters can put points up and we average 81 pts a game.

You’re right, I should’ve clarified. We need guys that are legit scoring options to do their job or continue to do so such as PJ Washington did last night and Hagans at Georgia. As long as PJ and those others continue to do so then yes we are a contender. I’m not going to cloud my judgement based on a road win against Auburn who almost came back and was a hair away from beating us. It was a good road win but The defense needs to improve. And by a contender, I mean an actual favorite to win it all.

Well EJ is going to be one of the best players UK has next season and lotto pick but you are correct RIGHT NOW he is what he is - a deer in head lights MOST of the time. BUT he can still make plays . Richards has been phenomenal in small doses . He blocks shots , plays great D , draws charges , makes that hook he has and brings energy. He has been a big part of the 4 game winning streak for sure. He is consistently getting better and is night and day from what he was last season though not all of it shows up in the box score.

SO you are wrong about Richards he IS a big contributor right now .
Richards is not in the game at crunch time. That is all we need to know. He plays spot minutes to spell PJ or RT, that's it.

I posted last week before these two road wins my optimism was high, but my confidence low. It’s improved. I had a feeling we’d beat Auburn and have multiple guys play well. We did and our first 5 all had strong games. I didn’t predict it though, I’m lousy at predictions and didn’t want to give them the kiss of death.

I know we gave up 53 points and pissed away a 17 point lead in the second half, but I saw a lot of promising things.

Our guard play is just crazy good. Herro, Hagans, and even Quickley, weren’t intimidated at all in that crazy and hostile environment. These three are freshmen.

I also loved that Travis showed he can play against the big boys.

PJ and KJ were also terrific.

Agree with OP. We'll likely face a Auburn team with a full compliment when they roll into Rupp in a couple of weeks. So, we'll know more then. We also need one win versus UTeee and to beat the Gayhawks at Rupp. No more unexpected losses on the road and then I'll say we are a contender.
Definitely getting better but, so is everyone else.

If Jones stays out or gets hurt worse or Zion or Barrett foul out during a tourney game Duke is vulnerable. A good team can beat them regardless. 2015 shows us anything can happen. We can beat anyone besides them IMO.

We don’t match up well with them but against the rest of the field there’s not a team I’d prefer to avoid. We wouldn’t get beat down again by Duke but I dunno if we can get them yet. Maybe if our Defense continues to tighten up.

The good thing is if they are on the opposite side we could make the NC regardless of that.

ADVERTISEMENT