ADVERTISEMENT

I won’t say they are a contender

wobycat

Sophomore
Sep 1, 2003
But they are gaining my respect. They beat a good team tonight on the road.

If they can start consistently putting together full games playing like they did the first 30 minutes today they can be a tough out. Still think they need EJ to mature into the player he can be off the bench to beat the upper echelon

Big win that helps us with seedings but until Richards contributes more every game we aren’t there yet imo.
If they can start consistently putting together full games playing like they did the first 30 minutes today they can be a tough out. Still think they need EJ to mature into the player he can be off the bench to beat the upper echelon
Guys, Ruchards and EJ are what they are. I wouldn't count on either of them suddenly becoming a force.

This team is going to have to do it with their core players.

I actually think Richards is way ahead of EJ and Richards can't be in there when it's crunch time or if the game gets physical.

EJ is a turnover waiting to happen and he has hands of stone.

I know it's only January, but I just don't see either of these two getting to the point where they are going to be bigtime contributors this year.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
The SEC is tough. For real. Focus on MSU. Cats have not played well at Rupp lately. MSU can win on Tuesday.

Thought EJ coming into his own as the year progressed would play an essential part into how good this team can be. He still may get there (look how far Hagans has come) but beginning to have my doubts on him being a big contributor this year. The game seems to fast for him right now and he isn’t playing with a lot of confidence. Has about a month to get something going but if he doesn’t progress much between now and then I think his meaningful minutes will start to fade.

Reactions: ganner918
Kentucky is a handful of points away from being a 1 loss team and these are the threads posted.

Look, the Duke game sucked, I was there, was horrible. It was a complete anomaly. That is all that this is about.

Other than that game what in the hell is there to gripe about? Seton Hall and some guy throwing up trick shots? Alabama nearly beat UT at home= talented but inconsistent.

Per usual with Cals teams, they are getting better and better.

Patience is a virtue. And you peeps that don't want to follow, get out of the way.

I think we are 1-seed worthy. I think Duke is the only team that is “better”, and we would have a decent shot of beating them if we played now. If Duke is tier 1, we are tier 1.5 with maybe UT, Mich St, and Gonzaga. Can even make an argument we are solely Tier 1.5 and those 3 are Tier 2. We have talent that is playing as a team (along with Reid’s toughness and experience). These are the types of team Cal wrecks in March with. I’m not going to go bet the house, but I feel really good about a Final 4 run this year.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I think that Alabama loss -as bad as it was- made them realize what it is like on the road and contributed to wins at GA and Auburn

We have every piece of the puzzle. Ball handling, IQ, shooting, cohesiveness, depth (particularly down low), and a killer instinct. This team is dangerous.
We also have size and bulk as well as a lockdown defender and a HOF coach.
We won’t lose many more if any.

Reactions: Taiza
We need his length in the paint. There are going to be matchups where his size and length are needed
Yeah, AU didn't have much size but we'll run into other teams where we'll need Nick to give us some defense and rebounding. I don't know about EJ. His ball handling scares me and he hasn't shot well. He needs to step up or accept lesser PT.

We may blow both MSU and KU out at Rupp.

True story.

We won't blow them out. Both games Miss St will feel like a Sweet 16 game and KU a Final 4 one.

UT,LSU, Miss St worry me. Hopefully we win by 6-9 against the Dogs, now the KU game win that in a blowout we are a top 5-6 team.

We won't blow them out. Both games Miss St will feel like a Sweet 16 game and KU a Final 4 one.

UT,LSU, Miss St worry me. Hopefully we win by 6-9 against the Dogs, now the KU game win that in a blowout we are a top 5-6 team.

I actually think we match up very well with UT...something haven't been able to say in a few years.

This team is top 5 if they beat KU...........they don 't have to blow them out.............

Of course it is. We’re not a dominating team, be we are a contender and have as good as shot as any. A lot of hand wringing been going on, but we’ll be ok.

Really.......I am sure Cal will sleep better.....

This is a board of opinions. Asshat

I don’t care if Cal sleeps better or not. They don’t defend the entire game and they need more scoring options. If PJ plays like he did tonight on consistent basis, then yes there’s a contender.

ADVERTISEMENT