ADVERTISEMENT

I wish real games were reffed like this

It was waaaaaayyyyyy better than normal college games are called. They actually got to play a game.

Won't happen, but it would be nice if it did.

They said they were sec refs but I don’t bc think so. I agree there’s been a nice flow.

Fouls are fine and needed. Just not every little touch and trip down the floor. SECrefs or not...it wasn’t called like a typical SEC game.

Yes...The Officials are College Officials
Yes...The Officials are all 3 from Cynthiana

I'm all for cutting back on foul calls some, but only if it has no real impact on the play and there is no advantage gained. Touch fouls that don't impact the play or some slight bumping aren't to bad to let go. They already let moving screens go 90% of the time. Just don't let it turn into a game of rugby.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
One of the first things I noticed about the games was they had some flow and development, which almost never happens during the SEC part of the season. The officiating appeared to be part of the game, as opposed the game being part of the officiating. To be fair, this isn't all on the officials, since it's easier to call the game if there isn't some hysterical, out of control coach, hyperventilating on the sidelines.

I liked it too. The refs were really letting em play, instead of blowing the whistle every ticky tack time they can as they've been doing in college the last few years.

It was fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT