ADVERTISEMENT

I wish Cal would have recruited Donovan Mitchell

How is it weird to bring him up now when he's showing out this year and in the playoffs right now?

Rondo had a good game in a loss, congrats I guess?

I said it’s a weird WAY to bring him up.

One Louisville recruit out performs one of five dozen UK players under Cal and it’s a mistake that cost UK a title? I don’t think so, you need to go back and watch Bitchell at LU.

So yea, really weird way to bring it up. And you’ve been hole digging since.

As for the Rondo thread, eh, he’s easy to hate. I don’t, and I thought it was funny seeing that thread. Your excuse doesn’t hold water either, because you assumed the future and were wrong.

Not that it matters.

Just accept defeat and live tomorrow.

Rondo is a great point guard; has been for a long time. Any negative opinion about his game is crazy in my opinion.
FWIW, Tubby seemed to have a negative opinion of Rondo's game at the time. They never got along, and Rondo left. ThIngs worked out well for Rondo, but I always thought of it as 1 of the low points of Tubby's tenure here.

Reactions: Bigjoecatfan56
I wish Cal had got AD. I'm sure we would have won a NC. Wait for it! My bad. We did get AD. I really meant to say Sam Bowie.

I wish Cal would have recruited Donovan Mitchell as much as he is showing out his rookie year in the NBA Mitchell was a 4* #31 player in the same class as Briscoe btw
Let’s think about this.
Mitchell decided between IU, Kansas, and UL. All Adidas schools. When he goes pro, he signs a shoe deal with Adidas. A year later, UL and Adidas get caught paying a bum like Brian Bowen $100,000. Then Mitchell’s dad writes a big “not me” guilty sounding letter about how innocent they are.
And you wonder why he went to UL?
He was bought and paid for.

Not really but sure

No one's denying that he's playing great now. You add Rookie NBA Mitchell to the 2016-2017 Kentucky team, then yeah, they should win a title, but he wasn't half the player in college that he is now. You can't quite seem to grasp the fact that if Cal had recruited him, we weren't getting THIS Donovan Mitchell as a college Freshman/Sophomore. We would of gotten a pretty good college player and another guy who's looking to be stud in the NBA, which is still always nice mind you, I just don't think he would of made us that much better in college.

Mitchell was very good last year at U of L. High school rankings are not the end all/be all.

What if the year before we swap Shaqquan Aaron for Devin Booker? Wish Cal had recruited that guy.

I wish Adolph would have recruited Kareem, but I guess that would have been Lew Alcindor then. Definitely won a title with that dude, oh he missed out on Bill Walton too

Reactions: JDHoss
I said it’s a weird WAY to bring him up.

One Louisville recruit out performs one of five dozen UK players under Cal and it’s a mistake that cost UK a title? I don’t think so, you need to go back and watch Bitchell at LU.

So yea, really weird way to bring it up. And you’ve been hole digging since.

As for the Rondo thread, eh, he’s easy to hate. I don’t, and I thought it was funny seeing that thread. Your excuse doesn’t hold water either, because you assumed the future and were wrong.

Not that it matters.

Just accept defeat and live tomorrow.
OP can assume the future of Rondo (justifies it, because at THE TIME; he feels HE was right)even thought proven wrong

BUT. everyone else is wrong on Mitchell; Cal at THE TIME felt he would not be right at UK, but OP still KNOWS he is the correct one, because outcomes would be different and better for UK.

Oh the irony.and OP cannot see the hypocrisy he has posted. Or just does not care.

Trying that passive agressive jab at Cal... didn't work out as planned

Reactions: ORCAT
Mitchell is really good now. Just imagine how good he would be next year if had just taken Pitino's advice and came back to UofL for another season. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Blueaz
Who cares about that? Who he is in the NBA isn't who he was in college.

Cal has plenty of guys doing well in the NBA, he doesn't need the feather in his cap.

You can't find every diamond-in-the-rough. We've had our share of guys who exceeded expectations. You just want to make sure you don't have too many who under-achieve.

OP can assume the future of Rondo (justifies it, because at THE TIME; he feels HE was right)even thought proven wrong

BUT. everyone else is wrong on Mitchell; Cal at THE TIME felt he would not be right at UK, but OP still KNOWS he is the correct one, because outcomes would be different and better for UK.

Oh the irony.and OP cannot see the hypocrisy he has posted. Or just does not care.

Trying that passive agressive jab at Cal... didn't work out as planned
Sure, Rondo played well in a playoff game but it still doesn't change that fact of the thread wasn't wrong at the time

It wasn't even a jab at Cal. It was just a man, I wish Mitchell would have been at UK

No one's denying that he's playing great now. You add Rookie NBA Mitchell to the 2016-2017 Kentucky team, then yeah, they should win a title, but he wasn't half the player in college that he is now. You can't quite seem to grasp the fact that if Cal had recruited him, we weren't getting THIS Donovan Mitchell as a college Freshman/Sophomore. We would of gotten a pretty good college player and another guy who's looking to be stud in the NBA, which is still always nice mind you, I just don't think he would of made us that much better in college.
He was a lottery pick after his sophomore year

I hate Louisville more than anyone, but it doesn't hurt your UK fan card to admit this kid is a baller. Would have loved to have him on our team. That being said, no one, not even Cal, could have told you he would end up being this good. Hell he wasn't this good at U of L. But I do find myself cheering for him, as gross as it is!

Obviously another "fan" with an anti-Cal agenda. I think Zaytoven has a second account.

He is having an amazing rookie season, but let's see how he does over the next couple seasons before we declare him a superstar. His efficiency is awful and he's a volume shooter. That can improve with experience but teams will also figure out how to guard him.

I wish Cal had recruited Brunson instead of Briscoe.
Sure, Rondo played well in a playoff game but it still doesn't change that fact of the thread wasn't wrong at the time

It wasn't even a jab at Cal. It was just a man, I wish Mitchell would have been at UK
You need to go back and read the thread. You didn't make a conclusion based on "right now". That's what you want it to be today.

He was pretty trash at Louisville. Would've been a top 10 pick under Cal's tutelage and probably an OAD

Reactions: morgousky
He is having a much better rookie season than I would have ever thought. He has improved immensely since his time at UofL and he deserves credit for that. However he has inherited the "perfect storm", he is a high volume average shooter (43%)for a team that needs him to shoot alot to be competitive. For a person that handles the ball as much as he does, he doesn't get alot of assist, and his Assist to Turnover ratio isn't that great, thus his (PER) rating isn't that good. I hear often that he has made more 3pt baskets than any rookie ever. But I question the rationale of a 34% (32% playoffs) taking that many 3's. But there is no questioning his athletic ability, nor the fact that he seems like a great teammate.

Not me...loud mouth dude..cant stand him

Have to defend you umm. Some posters have an issue with you and many of your posts but, to me, you don't come off obnoxious and as argumentative as this OP. There are times where I even find your posts/threads entertaining but not this guy's. He's way off on his points and argues endlessly even though he has been proven wrong over and over. UMM, you're better than that!

Why does it matter that he’s doing good in the NBA? He was average in college, and I don’t exactly remember his time in college.

Reactions: morgousky
ADVERTISEMENT